BHQ Military CPM M4 DLC Exclusive

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Extra330SC

Re: BHQ Military CPM M4 DLC Exclusive

Post by Extra330SC »

DirtMcGirt wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:33 pm
Received mine today. Was a flawless example. Did some swapping and have my grail Millie. Red loctite on the 52100 slowed things, and I screwed up the jade scale around the lanyard hole. But I am still very pleased with the outcome :D

Congratulations. ..they look fantastic!

Mine showed today!

James
Attachments
2019-02-08 14.07.49.jpg
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Nice! I'll try to get a good pick of my swap tomorrow.

Edit: here's a quick pic

WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

Looks great with CF! Mine is hung up in the mail, darn! Hopefully tomorrow.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

abbazaba wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:47 pm

Very, Very nice indeed. A question did your Jade DLC come with 2 Non DLC Tubes that the scales screw to as well? Mine did and I thought it was a pretty bad as in absolutely awful decision to DLC the Lanyard tube and the Stop pin but leave the two Tubes or whatever that are called shiny.
PStone

Post by PStone »

abbazaba wrote:

Very nice! And I know we are gonna see a lot more pics of that bad boy this year. :spyder:
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:

Very, Very nice indeed. A question did your Jade DLC come with 2 Non DLC Tubes that the scales screw to as well? Mine did and I thought it was a pretty bad as in absolutely awful decision to DLC the Lanyard tube and the Stop pin but leave the two Tubes or whatever that are called shiny.
I don’t mind the tubes the way they are. The ones on my dlc cf yojimbo are the same way. I wonder if the ones on a all black s30v g10 military are though?
91bravo

Post by 91bravo »

DirtMcGirt wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:22 pm
abbazaba wrote:

Very nice! And I know we are gonna see a lot more pics of that bad boy this year. :spyder:

I don’t mind the tubes the way they are. The ones on my dlc cf yojimbo are the same way. I wonder if the ones on a all black s30v g10 military are though?
The standoffs on the black s30V Millie are silver. I don't mind them being silver though, but I know some are pretty particular about their knives and want black!
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Well if you are going to go Black why go half way? This is not correct? It feels less than complete. It smacks of cheapness and quite frankly I disprove. Rarely do I ever disprove but this is a unforgivable sloppy mistake IMHO for whatever it is worth.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:07 pm
Well if you are going to go Black why go half way? This is not correct? It feels less than complete. It smacks of cheapness and quite frankly I disprove. Rarely do I ever disprove but this is a unforgivable sloppy mistake IMHO for whatever it is worth.
Why do you care how someone else customizes their knife?? You just blow up this forum non stop, all day, every day, every thread...then throw out your rather pointless opinion and degrade someone's custom work to improve their own knife to their liking..you need to slow down a bit man. Seriously, not to sound like a jerk. Trust me, I've been there (here) and am grateful to have had a second chance. Don't mess it up with negativity.
Last edited by TkoK83Spy on Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

abbazaba wrote:

You never fail to impress. Well done, as expected!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
crazywednesday

Post by crazywednesday »

DirtMcGirt wrote:
Received mine today. Was a flawless example. Did some swapping and have my grail Millie. Red loctite on the 52100 slowed things, and I screwed up the jade scale around the lanyard hole. But I am still very pleased with the outcome :D

That dlc m4 CF is AWESOME!
Justin
Doeswhateveraspidercan

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:25 pm
Why do you care how someone else customizes their knife?? You just blow up this forum non stop, all day, every day, every thread...then throw out your rather pointless opinion and degrade someone's custom work to improve their own knife to their liking..you need to slow down a bit man. Seriously, not to sound like a jerk. Trust me, I've been there (here) and am grateful to have had a second chance. Don't mess it up with negativity.
The tubes have nothing to do with custom work, that is how the knife comes from the factory.

The custom work looks awesome.

As for the forum well so as long as I am good with Sal I do not care what anyone has to say. I am certain Sal will tell me to knock it off if I am out of line.
Last edited by Doeswhateveraspidercan on Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
sal

Post by sal »

Hey guys,

Time to chill. We all come here for the same reasons. We're all teachers and we'ere all students and as long as we respect each other, we can maintain civility. Patience is a good thing. :D

sal
Doeswhateveraspidercan

sal wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:05 am
Hey guys,

Time to chill. We all come here for the same reasons. We're all teachers and we'ere all students and as long as we respect each other, we can maintain civility. Patience is a good thing. :D

sal
Yes sir.
dj moonbat

Post by dj moonbat »

Love that stealth treatment.
Joey

Post by Joey »

I couldn’t agree more!! I don’t get it. The only Spyderco I have, that is all black, is my Southard. Because of that, it’s one of my favorites. Any other black spyderco that I have seen has had some stainless showing, and I don’t know why that is (aside from the comp locks and dlc combination issue).
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

I think the knife is perfect the way it comes! If you want to experiment with Rit dye on the scales and paint the standoffs to your liking ....the option is there. :)

Looking forward to the Native 5 DLC and hopefully BOTH versions of the Shaman!

James
KME_USER

Post by KME_USER »

I don’t understand leaving the standoffs satin either. Makes it look like an unfinished knife or they ran out of coating. I purchased two of these by the way☹️ Perfect except for the satin spacers. I think the liner needs to be black too, but I can live with that.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Extra330SC wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:03 pm
I think the knife is perfect the way it comes! If you want to experiment with Rit dye on the scales and paint the standoffs to your liking ....the option is there. :)

Looking forward to the Native 5 DLC and hopefully BOTH versions of the Shaman!

James
The scales are so much better looking with Black DLC, no problems with Jade on black at all now that I have it in person.

As for the two standoffs I was thinking of just plugging the threads and dipping them in Ferric Chloride.

There is of course always the aftermarket for standoffs which maybe Spyderco figures will take care of those who want something a little different just like Spyderco does not hog the custom clip and scales market.

I do wish Spyderco would take that market though, not because I want to harm what others are doing but because $80.00 dollars is allot just for scales as I have seen.

Yes I do understand people customizing have to get more to cover small time operations expenses but Know with Spyderco’s ability to manufacture they could do it both better and less expensive if they wanted to.

Chances are though the market is too small to justify tooling etc....
sal

Post by sal »

Hi KME_USER,

Welcome to our forum.

Satin and black make a nice contrast. Not everyone wants all black?

Doeswhatever,

With manufacturing, there are always many things to consider.

The size of the market?
Opportunity for others to earn income?
Ours may be more expensive due to overhead?
Inventory?
Capacity?

sal
PStone

Post by PStone »

crazywednesday wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:07 pm
DirtMcGirt wrote:
That dlc m4 CF is AWESOME!
Thanks wednesday! I think so too. So awesome that I am going to let the others go. My perfect millie search is over. :spyder: