BHQ Military CPM M4 DLC Exclusive

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
anycal

BHQ Military CPM M4 DLC Exclusive

Post by anycal »

Peter
vivi

Re: BHQ Military CPM M4 DLC Exclusive

Post by vivi »

****, if I still carried the Millie this would be going straight into my pocket.

Hope we see more DLC M4!

hey guys, I just wanted to let you know I have big hands. :unicorn
anycal

Post by anycal »

I do like my M4, especially the Golden models. But I am torn. I have been waiting to try Rex 45. Not planning on getting both...
Peter
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

Well. I thought I was getting a Brouwer.
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
rgrad80

Post by rgrad80 »

Sweet mother of god. No way this is really happening.
Days without buying a Spyderco: 35

You always have a choice.
rgrad80

Post by rgrad80 »

Did the PM2 and Para 3 sell out in one day?
Days without buying a Spyderco: 35

You always have a choice.
Wolfy916

Post by Wolfy916 »

This makes me hate being left handed
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

rgrad80 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:42 pm
Did the PM2 and Para 3 sell out in one day?
Under an hour I think.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam
Beardedjeeper

Post by Beardedjeeper »

:( I've been wanting to try out a Millie for a while now, I was just waiting/looking for one in a different steel than S30V, so this checks all the boxes! Too bad the timing isn't right and I'm so broke :(
Spyderman91

Post by Spyderman91 »

Wow, they went straight for the "Ghost face" configuration and skip the Satin... I don't own a military but been wanting to try one (love the pm2 and shaman) this may be the one.... or the CTS 240P if a good deal comes my way :)
Brown_Recluse

Post by Brown_Recluse »

Is that top scale screw CQI'd to the floating pin like the Para 3 has? It looks smaller than normal.
CPM S90V
Maxamet
CPM-M4
M390
CPM 20CV
Lc200N
CPM-S45VN
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

Spyderman91 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:43 am
Wow, they went straight for the "Ghost face" configuration and skip the Satin... I don't own a military but been wanting to try one (love the pm2 and shaman) this may be the one.... or the CTS 240P if a good deal comes my way :)
Satin M4 Military was already in 2017.
anycal

Post by anycal »

Brown_Recluse wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:29 am
Is that top scale screw CQI'd to the floating pin like the Para 3 has? It looks smaller than normal.
Yes, like all the new ones released in the last couple of years. Including the base S30V version.
Peter
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Pretty obvious this was going to be the next offering from BHQ. It was pretty hilarious reading their IG post a few weeks back when they dropped the teaser they were releasing another natural G10 model and how many folks (including the “expert” reviewers) said it would be a Shaman. Noobs! :D

Now, despite what they say, you can’t just dye natural G10 any color you want and expect it to look like a stock G10 scale of that same color. I don’t like the extra transparency of the dyed natural scales one bit, they remain partially translucent and that bugs me no end (being someone who’s dyed lots of scales). It’ll be a great Military but man I really dislike the natural G10 and how it’s flouted to be easily dyed to any color - while that’s true, you still don’t get a “solid” color scale out of it. OK, rant over... ;)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Stop milking a dry cow and DO A SHAMAN OR SLIVERAX. I'm not buying anything else until they do.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
RadioactiveSpyder

I’m sure I’m in the heretical minority here, but I have no interest in seeing a BHQ version of either of those D. Despite the hype on the forums, etc. the Shaman, and certainly the Sliverax, doesn’t command nearly the same recognition as the “Golden 5” models they are running (PM2, P3, N5, M, Yo2). Plus no offense to the Shamanites here but that model needs to be CQI’d to fix some less than optimal features.

Edit: Oops, looks like the “Golden 6”! Forgot the Manix 2, it’s that darn new kid Para 3 messing up my math! ;)
Last edited by RadioactiveSpyder on Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:29 am
Pretty obvious this was going to be the next offering from BHQ. It was pretty hilarious reading their IG post a few weeks back when they dropped the teaser they were releasing another natural G10 model and how many folks (including the “expert” reviewers) said it would be a Shaman. Noobs! :D
Fair enough. So tell me (and the noobs) - what's the next M4/jade after this?

I guess it could be the Native.

Seems like the runs of DLC may be smaller than satin? The satin Millie was a slow seller and BHQ later bundled it to make it a better deal.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:35 am
I’m sure I’m in the heretical minority here, but I have no interest in seeing a BHQ version of either of those D. Despite the hype on the forums, etc. the Shaman, and certainly the Sliverax, doesn’t command nearly the same recognition as the “Golden 5” models they are running (PM2, P3, N5, M, Yo2). Plus no offense to the Shamanites here but that model needs to be CQI’d to fix some less than optimal features.
I'm just so very tired of the same old recycled combos. Even the beloved Military which is one of my top 3 is getting super played out. If it were a Maxamet Military then maybe but they already did an M4 Military. I guess there's suddenly enough support for DLC to warrant another run.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:29 am
Now, despite what they say, you can’t just dye natural G10 any color you want and expect it to look like a stock G10 scale of that same color. I don’t like the extra transparency of the dyed natural scales one bit, they remain partially translucent and that bugs me no end (being someone who’s dyed lots of scales). It’ll be a great Military but man I really dislike the natural G10 and how it’s flouted to be easily dyed to any color - while that’s true, you still don’t get a “solid” color scale out of it. OK, rant over... ;)
I agree, the natural G10 is not as nice when dyed. The Tan G10 on the PM2 20CV from DLT are much better to dye into a solid color. Hope to see more from them.
RadioactiveSpyder

ABX2011 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:37 am

Fair enough. So tell me (and the noobs) - what's the next M4/jade after this?

I guess it could be the Native.

Seems like the runs of DLC may be smaller than satin? The satin Millie was a slow seller and BHQ later bundled it to make it a better deal.
Here’s the pic from BladeHQ:

Only 2 left now without DLC treatment: Yo2 and Native5. I’m all for them running new models too, but they’re following the formula here and my guess is they’ll run at least one of these two remaining models (or both) before we see a new model offered. I of course could be very wrong and am so very often proven so! :D