Have you gotten your dream blade of 2018?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
selrahc

Re: Have you gotten your dream blade of 2018?

Post by selrahc »

Para 3 Maxamet with CF scales
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

Most epic buy of the year was the KW S90V CF/Ti Military.

Still waiting for that Cruwear Micarta Shaman...
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Not really my dream blades, but my Spyderhawk and Chaparral LW are seeing a lot of use and carry. I'm really loving them both. The Native Salt is the one I have been waiting for all year. Hopefully soon.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Crux

Post by Crux »

A bucket of different Para 3s. :)
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:
Wanimator

Post by Wanimator »

The Police 4. I just love it more each day.
CanaBrit

Post by CanaBrit »

Wanimator wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:16 am
I was going to say the same. It's not exactly a 'dream' knife, but it is my favorite, a real user.

Its just a very practical design in a shape that hides really well in the pocket! What's not to like! :D
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

CanaBrit wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:19 am
Wanimator wrote:
I was going to say the same. It's not exactly a 'dream' knife, but it is my favorite, a real user.

Its just a very practical design in a shape that hides really well in the pocket! What's not to like! :D
Police 4 is a dream worker knife. If they did a bolstered version with polished g10 and Damascus blade & lockbar it would be a dream knife.
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
Wanimator

Post by Wanimator »

I don't do safe queens. So, if anything sacrifices function it's not a dream knife.
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Wanimator wrote:
Still on my list for 2018, but bumped by the disco’d K11s and K12p kitchen knives which were also on there.
vivi

Post by vivi »

rgrad80 wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:32 am
I didn't realize it at the time, but the Mili CTS204p is my dream blade of 2018. I picked it up because the Mili is favorite Spyderco design, and I thought it would be fun to have it in with green scales. The steel and overall build of the 204p is just lights out. I went back to get a 2nd that I would actually use daily...instead of just carry in my pocket and use another knife when I actually needed a knife.

The knife had sold out, because it was an exclusive. Someone was nice enough to offer me their "user" Mili 204P and I jumped on the chance. The "user" Mili showed up in great shape and with a much better edge then I have ever owned before. That Mili is now a daily user and my all time favorite.
Glad it found a good home. I'm just about finished reprofiling the P4 :)

hey guys, I just wanted to let you know I have big hands. :unicorn
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

No, the Respect hasn't dropped yet.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
dodgie02

Post by dodgie02 »

I finally dipped my to into exploring exotic and functional novelty knives.
Not just spyderco but also things like front flippers from admired competitors, and just like that Paul alexander announced the most interesting new blade to me which name escapes me but was a reference to the Japanese myth of water demons.
I'll just refer to it as spyderco front flipping bladed lighter for short for now.

Sure it has run of the mill s30v, peel ply instead of real carbon fiber, probably stainless instead of golden liners, but that's the thing.

My collection is very wide nowadays, m930, cruwear on 3 knives, Rex 45 recently, the hap 40 caly 3 sprint x2, all S110V blades, and a bucket full of s30v.
Right now out of all that fun stuff I'm carrying a manix 2 S110V lw and a sage 5, regular production run models and while S110V is no joke the manix 2 lw isn't the prettiest of best little kitten in the litter, but with these 2 knives I can cut through any day and any task. What I'm getting at, I'm kinda content with all the great choices I have due to my overwhelming kind donations to Spyderco and their 'donate more then 100 bucks and pick out a free knife program'.
I feel all my bases are covered and carrying 2 trusted basic blades which can do anything from hard use to piercing pieces of paper off the carpet. Recently I actually succeeded in double checking myself whether I really need a new interesting blade while I have a selection that is probably better at most tasks or equal atleast, and passed quite a few knives and saved some money. Probably not half interesting to you guys but while I say this I admit that I this line of thinking actually working out would have been impossible if I didn't buy all the knives (on impulse - and always go with your first thought is a dangerous ideology when suffering from the spydie fever :p) I have now.

Paul Alexander's Japanese slim water demon myth design is easily the sexiest thing of all to me, the flipping mechanism looks fun and well designed, great size Overal and the blade/handle ratio is well done and qualifies for me as one of spydercos most eye-pleasing knives. I don't have much spydercos in a long slim profile or they are not nearly as well designed as this is imo.

However
First though was 'oh cool, I'll buy it' though. Justification followed later and I think I succeeded quite well.

I am looking at his sliverax too, and would get it if I knew someone I trusted to grind the flipper off. I'm sure the forum can accommodate but I'm from the Netherlands, kind of a lot of money in shipping for a wee bit of steel removal).

Just wish it was here
dreadpirate

Post by dreadpirate »

Now that I have received the 2018 Forum knife, I will have to say this one is it.
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

Been trying to buy less knives as I've got more than I need. But there's never been a better time to buy nice knives. Oh well, let the devil take the hindermost. This year's haul:

SpyderHawk
S90V TiCF Millie
V-Toku2 Endura
4V Manix2
Mule Team 27 Micro-Melt PD#1
Busse Dog Soldier 8
Hinderer XM-24 Skinny
Hinderer XM-18 Skinny
Kyle8734

Post by Kyle8734 »

Been loving my BHQ CPM-M4 Para 3 but also have been carrying my Brown CPM-S35VN Para 2 a lot due to how much rain we have had here in WV this year. I got both of these knives this year and love them both. Also bought 3 Mule team blades-20CV,LC200N,RWL-34 and a BHQ Native 5 M4. Its hard to pick which one is my dream blade because they are all so awesome. This year has definitely been a good year for nice blades that have been released
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

No I haven't I've been sick but I'm going to get a set of throwing knives for Xmas I'm hoping.

I'm back :)

Epelepsey sucks
anycal

Post by anycal »

The one that started out as KC CRUWEAR PM2. Once it got some peel ply G10 scales, it became an instant favorite. i will be rounding off the scale edges next, like I did on the BBS blue. They feel amazing in hand.

Peter
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

Unfortunately no, I have not received my Native Chief yet.

:D ;)
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
toocool006

Post by toocool006 »

dodgie02 wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:23 am
... just like that Paul alexander announced the most interesting new blade to me which name escapes me but was a reference to the Japanese myth of water demons.
I'll just refer to it as spyderco front flipping bladed lighter for short for now...

The Ikuchi!! My most highly anticipated knife after I get my hands on the Kapara (which will hopefully happen very very soon :D ).
~andrew
RobDigi

Post by RobDigi »

Chaparral ti 3 step blu is making me smile..alot.