Have you gotten your dream blade of 2018?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
glutofknives

Re: Have you gotten your dream blade of 2018?

Post by glutofknives »

Fingers crossed for rex 45 military
jacala

Post by jacala »

I'm still dreaming about a Spyderco Smock.I always wake up in a cold sweat.
Been on pre order for yonks.
Maybe the knife itself is just a dream???
BigGrove

Post by BigGrove »

+1 on the Smock. This is my most anticipated.

Sliverax was the surprise for me. Bought on a whim with the expectation that it wouldn't stay long. Now it's in my rotation. Still wish the detent was stronger...
Nate

Post by Nate »

The Calypso Jr sprint was my most anticipated, but the PITS has been the purchase this year that most surprised me and has won the most pocket time.
:spyder:
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

maybe not the dream blade, but I had been years wanting an Emerson Wave model and last month I got my Endura Emerson

KnickKnackCity

Post by KnickKnackCity »

I'll take Evil D's answer any say that I haven't any "Dream blades," but the SpyderHawk is a great piece of :spyder: history that I now get to experience.
The 20CV PM2 is probably my favorite blade in 2018.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Yes I most certainly did get my "Dream Blade" of 2018. My very good group of Spyder-Buddies got me a Nuclear Orange handled SPYDERHAWK. Because of the nightmare knee surgery I had back in May. And I'm still so thankful for a great bunch of friends. Every day I've been intently gazing at it and admiring how great of a Hawkbill blade the Spyderhawk is.

We need to consider starting a Hawkbill Fraternity here on the Forum. We could call it the "Phi Zetta Rippo" fraternity :eek: :D

I've been really hoping that Sal would at least give us a Sprint Run of the G-10 Harpy but I guess that's for a later date. Yeah 2018 has been a very good year so far. :)
sonarsessions

Post by sonarsessions »

The one knife I said I had to buy new this year from Spyderco is the Smock - I really liked the version they had there at Blade Show and can't wait until it's finally out. It's going to make a great office/edc knife, I'm sure of it.

on another note... can't wait til they unveil the lightweight Para 3 :)
"All good, just different." :D

Current Spyderco's: C240CFP Smock CF S30V, C11PBK Saber Grind Delica 4 Black VG10, C101PBN2 Manix 2 Brown CTS XHP, C28PBK2 Dragonfly 2 FRN Black VG10, C223GP Para 3 Black G10 S30V, C28GRE2 Dragonfly 2 British Racing Green ZDP-189, C28ZFPGR2 Dragonfly 2 Zome VG10, C41PBK5 Native 5 FRN Black S35VN, C101PDBL2 Manix 2 Dark Blue S110v, C94PDBL UK PenKnife Lightweight Dark Blue FRN S110V, C41PDBL5 Native 5 Dark Blue S110V, C11FPWCBK Wharncliffe Delica 4 Black VG10, C10PSFG Endura 4 Foliage Green Combo VG10, C11FPBN Flat Ground Delica 4 Brown VG10
dogrunner

Post by dogrunner »

If the Cruwear Shaman shows up, that will be it. Otherwise, yes, the long-awaited and much anticipated Lum Tanto folder. And I am happy it was a good one.
Mako109

Post by Mako109 »

Yes, a couple, but from a different maker. With regard to Spyderco, the rumored "Ikuchi" has my full attention right now. Will it be formally announced and released in 2018? The anticipation builds...(well, for me at least :) )
archangel

Post by archangel »

Advocate. Still hard to believe I jumped on it at MAP price. But the beauty is worth every penny.
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
Brackish

Post by Brackish »

Nope, still waiting for my first ever Spyderco to drop - Native 5 Salt.
Spydiechef, Dragonfly Salt 2, Native 5 Salt, Native 5 Cruwear, and Q-ball (Newest Addition)
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

The Caly Jr in Superblue was the dream blade I have been seeking for a while. That being said, I am still patiently waiting for the REX45 Millie and hopefully almost have enough pennies for the Paysan when they arrive.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Yes I did! But it wasn’t a Spyderco. Please don’t chase me with burning pitchforks! :p :D
Josh
PStone

Post by PStone »

Yes. I made my own flutedCF Maxamet native.
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

Not yet. But I should be ending a rather long process of getting a Bob Lum Chinese folder design that will be an almost perfect knife and a frequent user. This will be my fourth try and will hopefully end with a G10 Lil’ Lum in my pocket soon.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
KnickKnackCity

Post by KnickKnackCity »

MichaelScott wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:12 pm
This will be my fourth try and will hopefully end with a G10 Lil’ Lum in my pocket soon.
I am kinda on the fence on this one. Looking forward to your thoughts once you receive and spend some time with it.
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

I had a Nishijin scale one for a while. If the scales had been G10 I would still have it. Bob’s Chinese folder design resonates strongly with me and I like small knives for my normal carry needs. The Nishijin was a bit too slick for my liking. Given the minimalist design I want more security when I hold the knife for tougher work.

I will post my experience with it after I’ve used it for a while.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
rgrad80

Post by rgrad80 »

I didn't realize it at the time, but the Mili CTS204p is my dream blade of 2018. I picked it up because the Mili is favorite Spyderco design, and I thought it would be fun to have it in with green scales. The steel and overall build of the 204p is just lights out. I went back to get a 2nd that I would actually use daily...instead of just carry in my pocket and use another knife when I actually needed a knife.

The knife had sold out, because it was an exclusive. Someone was nice enough to offer me their "user" Mili 204P and I jumped on the chance. The "user" Mili showed up in great shape and with a much better edge then I have ever owned before. That Mili is now a daily user and my all time favorite.
Days without buying a Spyderco: 35

You always have a choice.
Flipping Addict

Post by Flipping Addict »

No, and probably won’t as it has taken too long for it to come out and already spent the money for it. Maybe get it next year.