SPYDEREDGED Sprint Runs: It's Way Past Time

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JD Spydo

SPYDEREDGED Sprint Runs: It's Way Past Time

Post by JD Spydo »

Many of you great fellow members of Spyderville were not here when Spyderco at one time did just about every main line model in PE & SE both. Truly in many ways it was the great patent of the SPYDEREDGE that initially got Spyderco on the map so to speak to begin with IMO>> and I have quite a few others that agree with me. I just said on the recent DODO thread that the Dodo model was probably the best small bladed, full Spyderedged model they ever made>> and would be first in line to get one of those again.

There were quite a few models that really stood out in the Spyderedged selection and many deserve a SPRINT RUN in my humble opinion. I don't think I'm the only one who feels that way either :spyder: :cool:

It goes without saying that all the Hawkbill and Reverse S models perform significantly better in Spyderedge. Also I truly feel cheated that we have not got to try out one of their great Recurved models like the ULIZE, SPYKER or ADVENTURA in full Spyderedge. Who else would like to see some past Spyderco models offered in SE as a SPRINT RUN? The C-111 CAPTAIN is one that comes to mind to where I've heard dozens of people ask for. So which models would you all like as a SPRINT RUN with TEETH :cool: ??
Evil D

Re: SPYDEREDGED Sprint Runs: It's Way Past Time

Post by Evil D »

I'll buy a SE Sliverax, maybe if they make a Chaparral Salt in SE as long as it stays ground thin. I think you covered the others.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
SG89

Post by SG89 »

SE Ulize would be nice
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

SE yojimbo. SE “R”
timlara

Post by timlara »

Would love to see the return of a SE Dodo sprint in an interesting steel.

That said, I assume the reason we never see SE sprints is that sprints kind of target the collector crowd, and it seems like many collectors only like PE. So I assume it's mainly a financial risk thing, where Spyderco and/or dealers don't want to commit the cash to something that might be a slow mover beyond the SE fans. That's why we've seen a million PM2/Para 3 variants, but hardly ever see the more niche models get sprints/exclusives.
Tim
Soulrack

Post by Soulrack »

I'd love to see a Paramilitary 2 with Spyderedge and Green G-10 with S35VN, Elmax or 204P.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:50 am
SE Ulize would be nice
Between you and EVIL D and a couple of pals over at Bladeforums that makes at least 12 people in a very short period of time I've had tell me that they would like the ULIZE model in Spyderedge. And you could probably translate that into about 700 avid knife users that would love a premium Recurve blade with TEETH :cool: The ULIZE in SE would truly sell itself IMO.

The ULIZE would be my first pick of all the Spyderco Recurve blades but I would also love for them to dig out the old SPYKER model as well with some TEETH.

It just goes without saying that ALL HAWKBILL blades should be offered in SPYDEREDGE>> hint, hint>> so it's high time for a SUPERHAWK in SE >> while we're on that subject :D
vivi

Post by vivi »

JD, did you see the ayoob in the recent bladeHQ spyderco video?

I'd like to see that knife come back in full SE. Seeing photos and videos of it have convinced me you're definitely on to something with that request you've had for so long. The combination of SE and the pronounced negative angle would make it an extremely effective cutting tool.
:unicorn
500Nitro

Post by 500Nitro »

Vivi wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:36 pm

I'd like to see that knife come back in full SE. Seeing photos and videos of it have convinced me you're definitely on to something with that request you've had for so long. The combination of SE and the pronounced negative angle would make it an extremely effective cutting tool.
Just looked at it on line in both configurations.

Agree, that fully serrated is awesome.
3 x Endura 1 SE, 1 x Endura ? CE and a Black Pacific Salt. Want Aqua Salt, Fish Hunter and a Pacific Salt Yellow.
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

SE 110V anything.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Vivi wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:36 pm

Yes I did VIVI and I agree with you 1000% that it needs a Sprint Run in SE especially. But if they want to make half the run in PE I won't object to that at all. That didn't surprise me because I remember some time back when I had a thread about the C-60 Ayoob over at Bladeforums and Ms. Joyce said then it was one of her favorite EDCs.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

timlara wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:15 am
Would love to see the return of a SE Dodo sprint in an interesting steel.
Tim I couldn't agree with you more>> I've said on two previous occasions when they do another Sprint Run DODO it's high time that they go with a newer/better blade steel. I would love to see a Spyderedged Dodo in XHP or M390>> but that's just my hunch of what would be good in SE.
KnickKnackCity

Post by KnickKnackCity »

I wouldn't mind seeing the Lil' Matriarch come back in a full SE H1 or LC200N option.
Kels73

Post by Kels73 »

I've really been enjoying my PM2 with FFG spyderedge. They aren't past models, but I'd like to see the Military and Police 4 in spyderedge.
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

KnickKnackCity wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:54 pm
I wouldn't mind seeing the Lil' Matriarch come back in a full SE H1 or LC200N option.
You and I think way too much alike. I would be all over this. Still eyeing the pe bento box lil matriarch. May have to get one of those.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I'm finding it most interesting that so far most of what you all suggest for a serrated Sprint Run has a curve in it :cool: I seriously want to test drive a recurve with a Spyderedge ( especially the ULIZE). And why they haven't made one available yet in SE Recurve really baffles me. Curved blades and Spyderedges just really go good together. Hawkbill blades in plain edge can't do 10% of what a Hawkbill with teeth can do. Spyderco could really capitalize on that by making all their curved blades available in SE.

But the Recurves and C-111 Captain model in SE are way overdue IMO. Also more fixed blades in SE would be nice as well.
Skidoosh

Post by Skidoosh »

After seeing the BHQ video a SE Ayoob in k390 would be great.
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

KnickKnackCity wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:54 pm

it is about time
:cool:

KnickKnackCity

Post by KnickKnackCity »

SF Native wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:36 pm
You and I think way too much alike. I would be all over this. Still eyeing the pe bento box lil matriarch. May have to get one of those.
I haven't looked at that one in a while but the current price is a steal (First time I have said that on any BBS listing.) I bet the PE functions better than I anticipate but I most likely will hold out for another SE version... until you buy one, post pics and reports on how great it is, and my jealously induced FOMO fires up the old credit card # :)
ThePeacent wrote: it is about time
:cool:
Nicely done ;) Hopefully our Lil' Matriarch Saturday rallies the troops to get this thing off the ground!
Seems like all components are in place to knock this one out easily. H1 and the same orange used in the Spyderhawk sprint please.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I was just fiddling with my Ulize and I think it might be the perfect model for a SE run. That blade in full SE (or at least like 90%) would be extremely effective. It really should happen.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David