BladeHQ M4 Jade Dodo

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
carrot
Member
Posts: 889
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:38 pm

Re: BladeHQ M4 Jade Dodo

Postby carrot » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:17 pm

ABX2011 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:06 pm
Ergos?
I've read some accounts of the great ergos of the Dodo allowing for a full 4 finger grip. I'm wondering what size hands it's best suited for.
With those grooves I can't imagine that it fits any hand size.
So for those of you who have one or have handled one - comfortable for your hand and what size hand?
The Dodo feels a lot like a giant Dragonfly to me. Similar four-finger grip, but more hand-filling.

I usually wear an L glove, and I have long slim fingers and a large palm.

User avatar
abbazaba
Member
Posts: 3429
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:40 pm
Location: New England

Re: BladeHQ M4 Jade Dodo

Postby abbazaba » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:40 pm

I'm probably going to buy one just because I've always wanted to hold one.

User avatar
Drahkis
Member
Posts: 322
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:41 am
Location: Oklahoma City

Re: BladeHQ M4 Jade Dodo

Postby Drahkis » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:02 pm

ABX2011 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:06 pm
Ergos?
I've read some accounts of the great ergos of the Dodo allowing for a full 4 finger grip. I'm wondering what size hands it's best suited for.
With those grooves I can't imagine that it fits any hand size.
So for those of you who have one or have handled one - comfortable for your hand and what size hand?
I've had a Dodo user since the orange sprint came out. I wear at least lg if not XL gloves and I think it is an extremely comfortable knife.

ABX2011
Member
Posts: 1986
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:54 pm

Re: BladeHQ M4 Jade Dodo

Postby ABX2011 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:39 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I have medium sized hands and I suspect it wouldn't be as comfortable for me.

Sumdumguy
Member
Posts: 3285
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:51 pm

Re: BladeHQ M4 Jade Dodo

Postby Sumdumguy » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:11 pm

So I ended up having the cash to buy the knife, but thanks to some sort of issue PayPal is having, I can't put the cash in my account. I hate working out of town...

>.<

My offer still stands, this is a grail for me.

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 7540
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: BladeHQ M4 Jade Dodo

Postby MacLaren » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:14 pm

abbazaba wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:40 pm
I'm probably going to buy one just because I've always wanted to hold one.
You will not regret it man.
Prolly the neatest Spydie I've ever owned.
Just something about the Dodo..

User avatar
spoonrobot
Member
Posts: 705
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:37 am
Location: Smyrna, Georgia USA

Re: BladeHQ M4 Jade Dodo

Postby spoonrobot » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:28 pm

The Dodo fits most adult hands extremely well.

Image

If you're curious (and have something like photobucket embed fix) you can compare the Dodo to a bunch of other Spydercos at my semi-defunct blog: http://knivesinhand.blogspot.com/2009/0 ... 80gbl.html

koenigsegg
Member
Posts: 1496
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:36 pm

Re: BladeHQ M4 Jade Dodo

Postby koenigsegg » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:24 am

MacLaren wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:14 pm
abbazaba wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:40 pm
I'm probably going to buy one just because I've always wanted to hold one.
You will not regret it man.
Prolly the neatest Spydie I've ever owned.
Just something about the Dodo..
I'm so torn! I want one because I know this is the only way to afford one and I've always wanted to try it. I'm so afraid I'll hate the handle though, reminding me of the Dragonfly and I cannot grip that one comfortably. I guess if I do get it and don't like it hopefully won't be too hard to pass on.
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN

User avatar
donutsrule
Member
Posts: 396
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:33 am
Location: San Diego

Re: BladeHQ M4 Jade Dodo

Postby donutsrule » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:37 am

ABX2011 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:39 pm
Thanks for the feedback. I have medium sized hands and I suspect it wouldn't be as comfortable for me.
I have pretty small hands, and my two Dodos fit comfortably and quite securely. it doesn't have as many hand positions as some knives, but the ones it has are very secure.

User avatar
DougC-3
Member
Posts: 3556
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:22 pm
Location: Southeastern USA

Re: BladeHQ M4 Jade Dodo

Postby DougC-3 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:14 am

Wooter (Mr Blonde) has a very comprehensive writeup on his wordpress site:
https://spydercollector.wordpress.com/?s=dodo
:spyder: :cool:

User avatar
Evil D
Member
Posts: 22327
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:48 pm
Location: Northern KY

Re: BladeHQ M4 Jade Dodo

Postby Evil D » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:57 am

So I'm gonna try for one of these but honestly I really don't want one. If I score one I'll figure out some kind of fun thing to do with it ;)
SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
~David

geronm042
Member
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:26 am

Re: BladeHQ M4 Jade Dodo

Postby geronm042 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:28 am

I want one but, if you’re not opening boxes all day long... everything else is more relevant. I might pass and wait for the 2020 new models.

Might...

User avatar
jdw
Member
Posts: 1236
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:10 pm
Location: Red Dirt

Re: BladeHQ M4 Jade Dodo

Postby jdw » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:36 am

Evil D wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:57 am
So I'm gonna try for one of these but honestly I really don't want one. If I score one I'll figure out some kind of fun thing to do with it ;)
This is pretty much my plan as well. I am pretty certain my sharpening skills will fail miserably with this blade design in M4 even if I do find fun stuff to cut up.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka

User avatar
Larry_Mott
Member
Posts: 2319
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:00 am
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden

Re: BladeHQ M4 Jade Dodo

Postby Larry_Mott » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:48 am

Evil D wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:57 am
So I'm gonna try for one of these but honestly I really don't want one. If I score one I'll figure out some kind of fun thing to do with it ;)
I'm sure the people who really, really want one appreciate hearing that.. :P
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott R.I.P.

User avatar
steelcity16
Member
Posts: 4352
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:34 am

Re: BladeHQ M4 Jade Dodo

Postby steelcity16 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:04 am

jdw wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:36 am
Evil D wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:57 am
So I'm gonna try for one of these but honestly I really don't want one. If I score one I'll figure out some kind of fun thing to do with it ;)
This is pretty much my plan as well. I am pretty certain my sharpening skills will fail miserably with this blade design in M4 even if I do find fun stuff to cut up.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. If I wanted this design in a super rust prone tool steel I would rather have 52100, because sharpening this shape in M4 is going to be a pain. Cruwear would be nice as well. Cru-carta Dodo??? :D
:spyder: CRU-CARTA THEM ALL! :spyder:

User avatar
GiftedMisfit
Member
Posts: 936
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:20 am
Location: Ontario, Canada. Earth

Re: BladeHQ M4 Jade Dodo

Postby GiftedMisfit » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:13 am

Goodluck everyone.
:spyder: Jesse :spyder:
ladybug93 wrote: And now I'm wondering how a translator will render "butt hurt"

geronm042
Member
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:26 am

Re: BladeHQ M4 Jade Dodo

Postby geronm042 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:32 am

That’s funny, first time for me following up such a release on this forum. Looks like everyone is preparing for the battle :-D

That dodo must be something in hand !

BLM
Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:47 am

Re: BladeHQ M4 Jade Dodo

Postby BLM » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:51 am

GiftedMisfit wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:13 am
Goodluck everyone.
yes good luck
at least its limited to 1 per

User avatar
Evil D
Member
Posts: 22327
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:48 pm
Location: Northern KY

Re: BladeHQ M4 Jade Dodo

Postby Evil D » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:56 am

BLM wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:51 am
GiftedMisfit wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:13 am
Goodluck everyone.
yes good luck
at least its limited to 1 per

Limit one per buddy's house or family member's house :rolleyes:
SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
~David

User avatar
toocool006
Member
Posts: 340
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: New Orleans

Re: BladeHQ M4 Jade Dodo

Postby toocool006 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:05 am

Boy, the BHQ website was really struggling, but looks like I managed to snag one. Good luck to everyone!
~andrew


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], JD Spydo, JohnNYPD, Majestic-12 [Bot], max power, Notsurewhy, PSquared, The Meat man, TomAiello, wirelessjunkie, zemogKA and 44 guests