BladeHQ M4 Jade Dodo

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TomAiello

Re: BladeHQ M4 Jade Dodo

Post by TomAiello »

Evil D wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:41 am
Has your bank account been charged?
Mine was. The charge notifications go to my phone, and it popped up while their site was still trying to load my final confirmation.

It's kind of fun to get one for someone else. I had no real skin in the game here--just trying to grab one for a forum member in Europe who wasn't allowed to order directly.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

Evil D wrote:
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:39 am
So this is in the mailbox.

Thank you for ordering from Blade HQ! Here is your submitted order:

I wonder with the way the site was crawling if it can be believed or not?

Did not think it would show that fast. Thanks, I just looked it shows as processing. Did you get one?
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Dazen wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:43 am
Well, I won’t be doing business any longer with BladeHQ. If you do a sprint with a drop time make sure your servers can handle it. I had all my info saved and could not complete my order.

They said another run is all up to Spyderco, and not them. Please Spyderco do another run of the Dodo someone who handle the business, and do a few more so at least the die hard Spyderco fans can get one.
Is anyone at Spyderco and the supply chain listening?

This is the second time I have heard of the retailer putting the ball back in Spyderco's lap, second hand this time and over the phone the first.

This is just the thing I have been carping about all year long. This way of doing business is creating sour feelings towards the Spyderco brand the supply chain and the retailer.

Imagine how many of the silent ones you are not hearing from. Just imagine.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I would be surprised if any online knife retailer's website could have handled that.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:57 am
Dazen wrote:
Well, I won’t be doing business any longer with BladeHQ. If you do a sprint with a drop time make sure your servers can handle it. I had all my info saved and could not complete my order.

They said another run is all up to Spyderco, and not them. Please Spyderco do another run of the Dodo someone who handle the business, and do a few more so at least the die hard Spyderco fans can get one.

This is the second time I have heard of the retailer putting the ball back in Spyderco's lap, second hand this time and over the phone the first.

This is just the thing I have been carping about all year long. This way of doing business is creating sour feelings towards the Spyderco brand the supply chain and the retailer.

It was in stock a second ago again, might keep checking
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
Peacedivision

Post by Peacedivision »

koenigsegg wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:12 pm
Dazen wrote:

It was in stock a second ago again, might keep checking
It keeps popping in and out, wondering if it's real stock from CC rejections or if the site is just acting up.

Showed in stock a few minutes ago, now gone again.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Hmm interesting they did say if folks tried to order more than one the entire order would be cancelled. Perhaps this is what is happening? Weird.
Hopweaver

Post by Hopweaver »

BLADEHQ, or anyone else listening. Please commission a DODO in a stainless steel. :)
The demand is there, they will sell out quickly.
:bug-red Make time for the important things in life, and learn to enjoy the little things more. :bug-red
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

Hopweaver wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:22 pm
BLADEHQ, or anyone else listening. Please commission a DODO in a stainless steel. :)
Good luck getting anything but this combo from them!
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
Hopweaver

Post by Hopweaver »

koenigsegg wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:23 pm
Hopweaver wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:22 pm
Good luck getting anything but this combo from them!
I know, I thought it was worth a try. The ergos on a Dodo are so amazing, but I just couldn't bring myself to by a non-stainless blade. Fingers crossed another variation is in the works!
:bug-red Make time for the important things in life, and learn to enjoy the little things more. :bug-red
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Dazen wrote:

I’m sure they do everything they can to make sure their site can handle the traffic. Sometimes things just don’t work out. It’s strange to me that so many people these days default to this type of reaction. Stuff happens man.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Got a tracking number.
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

TomAiello wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:46 am
Evil D wrote:
Mine was. The charge notifications go to my phone, and it popped up while their site was still trying to load my final confirmation.

It's kind of fun to get one for someone else. I had no real skin in the game here--just trying to grab one for a forum member in Europe who wasn't allowed to order directly.
That was a really kind thing you did there. I am quite certain i know who it's going to :)
(Oh, and it's hardly BHQ's server that's to blame, or well in a way it is, but consider all these hysterical people bangning on the server at once, that's the equivalent of a small DOS-attack. I bet if you browse their site now it will be like usual (which is pretty fast)
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

Dazen wrote:

After weeks of hype and build-up, 100s (1000s?) of people login all at once to compete for the chance to pay $155 for a knife. Knife sells out in literally minutes. People complain online about missing out on their chance to pay $155 for a knife. Haha, BHQ & Spyderco know exactly what they're doing..

When it comes to these things, I figure you win some, you lose some. For as hard as I tried, I just could not score the Cruwear Shaman. I lucked out on the Dodo. That's the way she goes..
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Apparently there's been no official mention of another release of this one or DLC or SE?

I'm going to start a thread requesting a Red G-10 DLC 4V model from St. Nick's. The Dodo IMO is the perfect knife for this color and material combination and by the time it would drop, I don't think anybody could say it was too soon on the tail of this one.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

DSH007 wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:59 pm
Dazen wrote:

After weeks of hype and build-up, 100s (1000s?) of people login all at once to compete for the chance to pay $155 for a knife. Knife sells out in literally minutes. People complain online about missing out on their chance to pay $155 for a knife. Haha, BHQ & Spyderco know exactly what they're doing..

When it comes to these things, I figure you win some, you lose some. For as hard as I tried, I just could not score the Cruwear Shaman. I lucked out on the Dodo. That's the way she goes..
I disagree with this, wholeheartedly because if I did agree with it, I would have no respect for either entity and do not think that lowly of Spyderco.

I believe that Spyderco is trying out different a different business model in this past year and they are leaving allot of $$$$$ on the table and with it allot of hard feelings with those who have missed out due to lack of availability.

I also believe in Sal and believe he will be adjusting things as time goes on.

EDIT: I am saying this as someone who did not miss out but was able to order one.
Last edited by Doeswhateveraspidercan on Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peacedivision

Post by Peacedivision »

showing in stock again
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

DougC-3 wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:02 pm
Apparently there's been no official mention of another release of this one or DLC or SE?

I'm going to start a thread requesting a Red G-10 DLC 4V model from St. Nick's. The Dodo IMO is the perfect knife for this color and material combination and by the time it would drop, I don't think anybody could say it was too soon on the tail of this one.

GREAT IDEA!! I've mentioned this to the guys at St. Nick's myself. I know they already have many ideas in the pipeline, so this would likely be a few years out at the pace their exclusives are dropping. Not sure how BBS gets an exclusive per month where places like St. Nick's go 6 months between?? :(
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Peacedivision wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:06 pm

showing in stock again

I bet they are cancelling the duplicate orders like it says they will in the listing. Good on them if that is the case!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Doeswhateveraspidercan

steelcity16 wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:16 pm
Peacedivision wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:06 pm

showing in stock again

I bet they are cancelling the duplicate orders like it says they will in the listing. Good on them if that is the case!
Yep that is what I said earlier, if this is the case it would be wise for them to shut down the page and re-announce opportunity once the dust settles.

At any rate I just received notification that mine was shipped.