Fluted Ti Military: A Collectible?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
mad german

Fluted Ti Military: A Collectible?

Post by mad german »

Hi guys, quick question. I have a Ti fluted Military that I just got. It’s a great knife and looks incredible. My question is, is this going to be somewhat of a collectible piece? Or, should I go ahead and just use it as I would a normal Military? Same question goes for my Knifeworks S90V version.

Thanks for any help you guys can offer.
My collection is ever changing!
Pelagic

Re: Fluted Ti Military: A Collectible?

Post by Pelagic »

It certainly should be imo. But the knife community is largely against any knives that aren't EXTREMELY lightweight (I'm the opposite... I find heavy knives still easy to lift), so probably not. Collectibles are inherently in high demand. It's all about popularity.
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
awa54

Post by awa54 »

If you like knives for their design and utility then use them!

If you want a reliable increase in value for your investment, buy some Mutual funds or Index funds.

I don't intend to flog my fluted Ti Millie, but it gets pocket time on a regular basis, my KW Ti/CF OTOH has already seen plenty of yard work and has the scuffs to prove it!
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
ferider

Post by ferider »

Of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that ... but I consider the fluted Military (CQI 2017+) the prettiest and most functional knife that I own. And it feels like supply is limited. So I have two, one in the safe, and one received an s110v blade and is a user. So there :)

Roland.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

My attitude on this is, I'll get a lot more out of use than I will in whatever increase in value a knife has over time. I'd rather have heirlooms than collectables.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Flipping Addict

Post by Flipping Addict »

If i could hand pick one I would love to get one. As for collectible or not, anything is if it means something to ya. I don't see values going thru the roof when they are no longer available though. 4 inch blade is not for everyone.
mad german

Post by mad german »

ferider wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:52 am
Of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that ... but I consider the fluted Military (CQI 2017+) the prettiest and most functional knife that I own. And it feels like supply is limited. So I have two, one in the safe, and one received an s110v blade and is a user. So there :)

Roland.
Did the swap go ok? I was thinking about that, but was concerned there might be differences in the lock interfaces, liner lock on the S110 vs frame lock on the S30.

I’ve got an S110 on the way and would love to do a blade swap. Was it very difficult? Any issues with getting the pivot adjusted properly after the swap?
ferider

Post by ferider »

mad german wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:28 am
Did the swap go ok? I was thinking about that, but was concerned there might be differences in the lock interfaces, liner lock on the S110 vs frame lock on the S30.

I’ve got an S110 on the way and would love to do a blade swap. Was it very difficult? Any issues with getting the pivot adjusted properly after the swap?
Was easy and as long as both models are 2017+ they are compatible .... if you do it yourself, lockup on the Ti Militaries is typically around 50%.

Roland.
mad german

Post by mad german »

Thx Roland!
CXXX

Post by CXXX »

Love the Millie's I have 3 Fluted, the original, the blue anodized, and the silver.
talesk

Post by talesk »

Evil D wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:09 am
My attitude on this is, I'll get a lot more out of use than I will in whatever increase in value a knife has over time. I'd rather have heirlooms than collectables.
This is exactly how I feel. I'm getting rid of my collectibles and sticking with heirlooms.

Military Fluted TI is a user for me and it's built well enough to hand down the line or gift to someone dear to me.
Haves: Hungarian x5, Firefly x2, Orange Dragonfly 2, Orange Delica 4, Blue Delica 4, Orange Endura 4, Sliverax, Blurple Manix 2 s110v, Burnt Orange Meerkat hap40/sus410, spy dk orange, Pingo orange, Military Fluted Titanium, Lil sub-hilt, para 3 Rex45, friction folder, cricket, techno v1 xhp, spydiechef, slysz bowie, paysan, nirvana, subvert, ikuchi, smock, shaman (4v), shaman (cruwear), drunken, Caribbean (pe sheep)
Wants: parata, kapara
In the mail: