Sell me the NATIVE 5 C41CFPE5 composite CPM154/S90V

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
elena86

Sell me the NATIVE 5 C41CFPE5 composite CPM154/S90V

Post by elena86 »

Need feedback on this one : thickness behind the edge, blade finish and grind etc. Never owned a Native 5 and I am tempted to get this sprint because I like composite blades and I like the looks of this one but I fear that saber ground blade would affect it's cutting performance... I hope I'm wrong ....
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
ABX2011

Re: Sell me the NATIVE 5 C41CFPE5 composite CPM154/S90V

Post by ABX2011 »

Don't have one and I'd also be interested to hear more about it. But I think it's clear that the saber ground blade gives up slicing ability.
embry386

Post by embry386 »

Saber grind will absolutely worsen sliciness. On the other hand, it makes an already tough and solid little knife model into an even more tough and solid one. Probably real good for super hard use tasks.

Also it looks pretty slick.
M4Life

Post by M4Life »

elena86 wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:50 pm
Need feedback on this one : thickness behind the edge, blade finish and grind etc. Never owned a Native 5 and I am tempted to get this sprint because I like composite blades and I like the looks of this one but I fear that saber ground blade would affect it's cutting performance... I hope I'm wrong ....
Don’t sweat the saber grind I own this model and the thing cuts like a champ. When I first got it it was a little heavier than I was expecting but since then it’s really grown on me. I call it the pill because of its silhouette when closed (for a Spyderco it’s not very thick from blade spine to handle spine).

I don’t have it in front of me but I can get some blade measurements when I get home if you want.
Just a man with a plan and a knife in hand.

My knives: Para 3 S110V (customized), Para 3 M390, PM2 S110V, Manix 2 CPM 154/S90V, Dice, Rubicon, Vrango, Native 5 CPM 154/S90V, Manbug ZDP-189, Ladybug, Chaparral LW, Kizer Megatherium
elena86

Post by elena86 »

M4Life wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:08 pm
elena86 wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:50 pm
Don’t sweat the saber grind I own this model and the thing cuts like a champ. When I first got it it was a little heavier than I was expecting but since then it’s really grown on me. I call it the pill because of its silhouette when closed (for a Spyderco it’s not very thick from blade spine to handle spine).

I don’t have it in front of me but I can get some blade measurements when I get home if you want.

Please do... I would be very interested in the thickness behind the edge
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red