Hi! I'm Canadian. Is it OK to send my Spyderco in for service now?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
KingRat

Hi! I'm Canadian. Is it OK to send my Spyderco in for service now?

Post by KingRat »

Hi.

I was wondering. I bought a TI military (regular), non=-fluted) from KC when they were disco'd (not sure now if they are or not, they sell them regular now) and it does not have a good lockup. The blade and lock both can move when in the lock position. I was wondering; Is it OK now to send the thing in for service? I'd hate to have the thing barred from re-entry into the country once it's fixed. Honestly; I have no idea whether the recent importation problems were resolved or if its just that the border folks just have more of an issue with the steel tariffs than the original problem.

Thanks in advance. If you are able to decipher the legal conundrum of importing one handed opener knives to Canada, you are much smarter than I.
crow2071

Re: Hi! I'm Canadian. Is it OK to send my Spyderco in for service now?

Post by crow2071 »

I live in the US but I just bought a knife from Wizards and Warriors. I was warned that I could not return the knife to them if I needed to; due to the fact that Canadian customs are seizing folding knives that enter Canada.
CanaBrit

Post by CanaBrit »

As far as I know they haven't fixed this yet... which is why we don't have many of the new models for sale yet. I talked to the local cutlery store, they were expecting this to be resolved before Christmas (To paraphrase the conversation, For some reason Canadian customs took it upon themselves to ban the knives, & the lawyers aren't too happy about customs just suddenly making up their own rules. So there's a battle between lawyers & customs, but lawyers tend to be good at this stuff, they should win lol.).
A.S.O.K.A

Post by A.S.O.K.A »

KingRat wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:54 pm
Hi.

I was wondering. I bought a TI military (regular), non=-fluted) from KC when they were disco'd (not sure now if they are or not, they sell them regular now) and it does not have a good lockup. The blade and lock both can move when in the lock position. I was wondering; Is it OK now to send the thing in for service? I'd hate to have the thing barred from re-entry into the country once it's fixed. Honestly; I have no idea whether the recent importation problems were resolved or if its just that the border folks just have more of an issue with the steel tariffs than the original problem.

Thanks in advance. If you are able to decipher the legal conundrum of importing one handed opener knives to Canada, you are much smarter than I.
get in touch with Spyderco, and see if you can make a request for them to "tighten the pivot until action is stiff before shipping it back" after service is complete. Then when you get the knife back, loosen the pivot to desired tension.
Every Steel Has Its Appeal :cool:

A.S.O.K.A Edge on Youtube
A.S.O.K.A

Post by A.S.O.K.A »

It will also help if it is described as a "tool" in the description section of the shipping form.
Every Steel Has Its Appeal :cool:

A.S.O.K.A Edge on Youtube