If you could resurrect one discontinued model what would it be?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
cbrstar

Re: If you could resurrect one discontinued model what would it be?

Post by cbrstar »

C15 is due for a makeover
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

SF Native wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:52 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:44 pm

There are about 4 Spyderco models I would love to see in a larger scale but the Dodo is at the very top of my list.
The Q ball is about that size and also has a good ergonomic handle. How would you feel about a reverse s blade in a Q ball? Most of the design is already done.
Hey if that would work for you then for sure you should lobby for it. But I'm just going to be honest about it>> the handle on the Dodo model fits my hand close to perfect. The only handles that fit me any better are the ones on the TEMPERANCE 1 model and the handle on the original JD Smith model.

But that was one of the biggest selling points for me when I got my first blue, PE Dodo model. It just fit me like a tailor made glove. Also do consider my request for a larger scale version of the Dodo. With some more bulk and size I think it could be a worker's dream knife. For one thing the blade length would be legal almost everywhere>> and if they would do it with a thicker, wider and somewhat longer blade it would add to the versatility.

The Reverse S blade I do believe has far more potential if done properly IMO. I also believe that there are a lot more options for Hawkbill blades as well.
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

Brock O Lee wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:48 pm
Caly 3 Damascus

https://spydercollector.wordpress.com/2 ... print-run/

Oh, that’s a good call. I would be up for any caly3 with bolsters. Doesn’t have to be Damascus.
shaztec

Post by shaztec »

Super blue caly 3.5 for me
shaztecs_knives on instagram
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

shaztec wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:37 am
Super blue caly 3.5 for me
Nah, we need a Superblue Calypso to round out the family!
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

OK I gave you all a folder and that being the original Dodo model. But I didn't give you all a fixed blade from the discontinued list. And the obvious choice for me is the TEMPERANCE 1 model. To me it is still my most favorite of all of the great Spyderco fixed blades. OK I already know some of the arguments against it>> many say that the Mule team models are similar>> but no I disagree with that assessement. Because the handle on the original TEMP 1 is to me the most perfect fixed blade handle that Spyderco ever made.

Not to mention that the TEMP 1 is one of the very few Spyderco fixed blades that you could get in plain edge and Spyderedged both. I've suggested a Salt Series version of the TEMP 1 and with this newer LC200N in SE & PE both I think that would be an excellent idea.

But a Sprint Run of the TEMP 1 model in SE & PE both in one of the Supersteels would be the "Creme-de-le-Creme" IMO.

Now my second pick would be a STREETBEAT in a SUPERSTEEL>> yeah that's right I would also want to see that one in PE & SE both as well :cool:
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Gotta be the Phoenix for me.....

An all-blacked out version in S30v with the Valoton style polished G10 would look lovely- if we're into the realms of variations of course ;)
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
tragique

Post by tragique »

The Dodo. I had one briefly years ago and still regret getting rid of it since they are impossible to find now.
ktsthiep

Post by ktsthiep »

Sage 4 :o
Flipping Addict

Post by Flipping Addict »

Slysz Bowie for me. If I could find one to buy I would do so right this millisecond.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I just thought of another really old school Spyderco model. This model I bet only about 5% of all the Spyderville citizens are even aware ever existed.

I had one once and very much regret trading it because it was truly an ideal Spyder for it's size. I'm speaking of the SPUR model. For those who love the smaller blade units the SPUR model is one I do believe that a lot of you would just really love.

The SPUR model had a lot of similarities to the old PRO-GrIP model and it was a great design that just never caught on for whatever reason. The SPUR model is one of the top 5 most obscure Spyderco models ever.
jpm2

Post by jpm2 »

This knife with unclad hap40 blade, heat treated closer to Spyderco rex45 blades.

z4vdBt

Post by z4vdBt »

ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

Caly for now, the big one