Spyderco Seconds Sale 2018!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ShaneInDenver

Re: Spyderco Seconds Sale 2018!

Post by ShaneInDenver »

I decided to skip camping out this year due to weather and got to the SFO on Saturday afternoon at 2 and by 3 I was in the showroom and sorting through knives. I was very pleased with the selection available that late in the afternoon! I was able to find plenty of goodies and even had to reluctantly put a few back. The standouts that went back included a Cruwear Military and the Rivers Edge Para 3 exclusive.

I would like to thank all of the staff working the show, everyone was so helpful and friendly. I too had the pleasure of meeting Ed Schempp, I found him stacking up chairs as the sale was winding down and we talked about his designs and the ergonomics behind the Schempp Bowie.

Here's my haul from the sale. I was hoping someone could help me identify the model second from the bottom with the broken tip. I plan to grind a new tip on it and I'd like to reference the original model.

samdasnake

Post by samdasnake »

I can't wait to be there next year!!!!
m6steen

Post by m6steen »

Thanks for another Seconds Sale Spyderco!

This was my fourth one and overall I found what I was looking for (Natives, UKPKs) along with several surprises. I arrived later than in the past (1430), but the line was inside the door at about the reception desk and it took about 1h30m to get in to the sale. I spent about 30m browsing one of the two tables with the seconds and did a quick walk around the third table with the closeout/overstock knives and accessories before checking out. I was surprised to see about a half flat of Police 4s on the seconds table and the Mantra 2 on the overstock table for half price. I found several exclusives/sprints and even had the opportunity to double up on a couple, but decided to leave them for others.

$35 - Native 5 Lightweight CPM S35VN
$55 - Native 5 Lightweight CPM S110V
$70 - Native 5 Lightweight Maxamet
$60 - Para-Military 2 CPM 20CV
$45 - UK Penknife CPM S110V
$25 - UK Penknife CTS BD1N
$25 - UK Penknife CTS BD1N
$90 - Para 3 CPM S90V
$60 - Para 3 CPM M4
$70 - Para 3 CTS 204P
(108mm Victorinox Solo, which arrived in the mail that day, for scale)

IMG_20181118_094037 - 25pct.jpg
Last edited by m6steen on Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt

C07 Police 4 | FRN K390
C41 Native 5 | Never Summer/NFFF
C94 UK Penknife | BD1N

jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

ShaneInDenver wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:39 am
Here's my haul from the sale. I was hoping someone could help me identify the model second from the bottom with the broken tip. I plan to grind a new tip on it and I'd like to reference the original model.
http://www.spydiewiki.com/index.php?title=C13_Pro-Grip
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
laylow

Post by laylow »

Here's my haul. I went easy on the wallet this year.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

First off, Thank you Spyderco, for hosting another great sale! Second, I would like to thank Ed Schempp and Toxophilus ;) for serving up an incredible lunch on Friday. This was my third year in a row attending the sale and it gets better every time. Was good to catch up with many of the forum members and others from past sales. During the day on Friday, Ed Schempp came out front to give away an engraved Schempp Bowie, which my friend and I won! My friend received that model, but Mr. Schempp was kind enough to hang out during the sale to sign other models for people. I was lucky enough to score one too!

Already excited for next year! :spyder:

Heres my haul from this year! There was a lot of really good scores this year, in my opinion. A bunch of Golden made knives to pick from!
I got a few other goodies too. The Respect pin, an S35VN "spyderhole" cutout, and one of the NOS *rare* Spyderco stickers!

-Nick :bug-red
500Nitro

Post by 500Nitro »

Awesome haul and good one on the Ed signing.
Now an even better knife to own.
3 x Endura 1 SE, 1 x Endura ? CE and a Black Pacific Salt. Want Aqua Salt, Fish Hunter and a Pacific Salt Yellow.