Cutlery Shoppe Para 3 exclusives

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

Stonewash or DLC?

Shiny! I want the stonewashed version.
48%
Blackout makes even bright orange G10 stealthy (or at least super-cool looking), make mine DLC!
30%
Choosing is so hard, I'm going to try for both...
22%

Total votes: 146

Killswitch

Re: Cutlery Shoppe Para 3 exclusives

Post by Killswitch »

Still waiting on mine to arrive :/ Was supposed to be guaranteed by Monday. I am hoping tomorrow it arrives! its about 50 miles away from me hopping back and forth....
I ran out of room to list all my spyderco's :(
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

7FDDA52C-6E61-466B-9C77-8DC5CC7354E1.jpeg
When the serrated arrives, will have one para 3 for each day of the week!
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

This is my first DLC knife can any of you tell me if this is normal after very little use? DLC is coming off stop pin already after 4 days. I was wondering if it came like this or not so that is mainly why I'm asking
3281536549926056618.jpg
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
Dornbox

Post by Dornbox »

koenigsegg wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:05 am
This is my first DLC knife can any of you tell me if this is normal after very little use? DLC is coming off stop pin already after 4 days. I was wondering if it came like this or not so that is mainly why I'm asking

3281536549926056618.jpg
By far not the most knowledgeable here but if the DLC is as hard as they say then what you see should be the metal from the lock wearing onto the surface of the DLC.

Love that knife... now I wish I grabbed the DLC one too. The orange handle is way better than I expected. Cheers!
Too many Military family variants... and yet not enough.
:spyder:
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I'm carrying my DLC BHQ exclusive Para 3 today and I don't notice any marks on the stop pin. But I would agree with Dornbox, I've had other knives do the same thing and the mark rubbed off with a little elbow grease.

I also love this knife, I can't believe how vibrant those scales are! I won't be carrying it as much as I'd like though, especailly to work because dirty hands really show up on that color and don't want to be cleaning the scales non stop. It's a beauty though, very very sharp right out of the box. Though mine also has the uneven tip bevel as noted by other members, but I can get over it. Added my Para 3 specific Lynch clip the other day to complete it!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
chrisjohn

Post by chrisjohn »

Like all the other exclusives from Cutlery Shoppe, this one is wunderbar!

Spyderco control is really pretty good. Customers really are demanding. Suppose I am too. Some of the comments in this thread really are too much.
dowlf

Post by dowlf »

Finally got mine. Love it.
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

If we split hairs mine isn't centered and has a black spec on the scale like my maxamet one did but being as its sold out complaining seems pointless. Guess it's not a museum piece so I can use it without too much guilt lol
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Finally it has arrived! well worth the wait!
20181128_173710_resized.jpg
I ran out of room to list all my spyderco's :(
husq2100

Post by husq2100 »

husq2100 wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:35 am
VA.koi guy wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:51 pm
husq2100 wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:31 pm
crow2071 wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:49 pm

Believe it or not that happens a lot with the USPS, at least with me it does. You'll get your package. I know its unnerving but that kinda of tracking error is common.
Thanks for the reasuring words crow. (thumbs up)

In over 300 items sent from the United States using USPS this is the first time this has occured for me. The one only problem Ive ever had was a package that took about 3 weeks longer than it should and tracking just stopped half way through.... I have my suspisions that sender may have sent first class instead of Priority Mail.

Given what Jeff said, yet viewing the tracking history it shows a label being created, being picked up, moving through facilities and then being "Your item was delivered to an individual at the address at 12:56 pm on November 21, 2018 in MERIDIAN, ID 83642.. the next day, That makes me a little uneasy .
husq2100, hang in there man!
I enjoy your posts here and have fingers crossed that your CS exclusives are not lost! They are very nice BTW
How long is normal shipping to you??
Good luck! :)
Thanks mate :)

USPS Priority Mail International is normally right on 11-14 days. Priority Mail Express is faster again at 3-5 days. UPS/FedEX etc are normally 3-5 days as well. Its all about the price and reliabilty for me, I dont mind waiting 2 weeks If I know its safe.Tracking has always been on point and imformative, it continues to track here as Australia post takes over the final leg of the journey. US$40 is the cheapest im shipping a single knife to Australia.

I received another reply from Jeff after I emailed again and voiced my concerns. He checked my order and told me the tracking number he has for it, which is different to the one that was given in the CS order update email notification. Seems a bit odd as I thought the order info etc would all be computer lined up/auto generated with in a set system to avoid errors???

When people were questioning shipping confirmation and times, I had no problem as I know this stuff can take time given the numbers and small stores. When people complain about shipping costs or time I have a little laugh to myself... I mean US$10 on top of a US$150 knife is nothing IMO and remember you are paying for a servie that employs people...

I just find it frustrating when communication seems to have to be forced, and it has been my experience of over 20 years of importing items (mostly from the United States) that when problems arise, quick action usually sorts them out before the point of no return (so to speak). I would have thought it pretty SOP, once I had contacted CS pointing out my problem as I knew it, That my order details checked againts the info I was giving ( I gave my order and tracking numbers as given to me). That USPS tracking checked etc. SImple tasks to find out what was wrong (and I do hope it is only that)

I have both of these in PM2 so am really looking forward to them. I have the Para 3 in S35V and really like the satin finish on the blade which, if you go back to page 3, post by "Allhatnocatlle, the pic looks like the satin version had the same finish, but alaas it doesnt seem that way.

the Para 3 is slowly winning me over... and that is dangerous! lol

I do have some PM2 C20V tan scales headed my way to put on another PM2... IT will be my first modded PM2.

Both the CS exclusives and the Tan PM2 scales arrived yesteday. THe CS Para 3s took 7 days and the scales 21. The difference being CS used USPS Priority Mail Express International and the scales came standard Priority Mail International. Plus the scales got held up in US Customs on the way out. I guess complete knives are totally ok but parts there of are dangerous lol

Both my CS Para 3s are mint, action a tiny bit stiff but all good.
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Wish these p3s had released over a bit more time. I’d have liked to get one of these. As it is I’ve bought 12 spydies since June. I gotta rein it in...
allhatnocattle

Post by allhatnocattle »

Cutlery shoppe got a few more in!

Dropping today and tomorrow 12 noon MST
Dornbox

Post by Dornbox »

Man... and I really thought I wasn't going to buy another Para 2 or 3 for a couple months.... and yet I was bummed that I only picked up the satin version of this one. :rolleyes:
Cscottsss

Post by Cscottsss »

Yeah, saw CS Instagram post. I'm really tempted to grab another DLC.
Dornbox

Post by Dornbox »

There must have only been a couple of the DLCs! That was fast!!!!! Hope my order gets filled!!!
tbdoc4kids

Post by tbdoc4kids »

Ordered within 30 seconds of the drop and already got a ship notice. They were gone 2 minutes in or less!
Dornbox

Post by Dornbox »

tbdoc4kids wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:38 pm
Ordered within 30 seconds of the drop and already got a ship notice. They were gone 2 minutes in or less!
They sold out in the time it took me to complete my order, about 30 seconds. I wasn't sure my order would be filled but it was. They must have only had a few because that was fast!
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

Got mine today in the mail. My first Cutlery Shoppe exclusive and i am really liking the bright color. It's nice to have something that pops out among the standard colors for variety. The plain and DLC version both look great. I tried to make some photo's but the lighting sucks in the evening. They are much brighter than my camera is currently picking up.
agony

Post by agony »

Got the satin today. This is my first para 3--great little knife, and not much bigger than a Delica. It may supplant it as my small edc. It will definitely see time in the woods. Now the hunt for the orange PM2 to go with it!
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Dornbox wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:03 pm
There must have only been a couple of the DLCs! That was fast!!!!! Hope my order gets filled!!!
Based on the pic they posted on IG it looked they had approx. 40 of each.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!