Cutlery Shoppe Para 3 exclusives

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

Stonewash or DLC?

Shiny! I want the stonewashed version.
48%
Blackout makes even bright orange G10 stealthy (or at least super-cool looking), make mine DLC!
30%
Choosing is so hard, I'm going to try for both...
22%

Total votes: 146

SF Native

Re: Cutlery Shoppe Para 3 exclusives

Post by SF Native »

DirtMcGirt wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:01 pm
I got anxious and called. Looks like mine won’t be shipping until Friday or Saturday. I’m gonna need to see some pics to tide me over!
Thanks for the update. I’m probably in the same boat. I can wait. Just nice to know I didn’t fall through the cracks or anything.
Brown_Recluse

Post by Brown_Recluse »

Mine is set to be delivered today! 2 days earlier than the tracking suggests.
CPM S90V
Maxamet
CPM-M4
M390
CPM 20CV
Lc200N
CPM-S45VN
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

Here's my reply for CS on why I haven't got a status update on my order

"Spyderco sent us a partial order of the knives they had built, which we started sending out on Monday.
We have more knives in transit now (UPS is closed for Thanksgiving) that are due here on Friday.
I double-checked your order status and you are in the queue to receive your order.
Best guess it will ship just after Thanksgiving: on Saturday or at the latest Monday.
Once sent we will of course be sending you an e-mail with tracking number."

Edit: just realized someone else said they called already
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
Cscottsss

Post by Cscottsss »

Jeeze guys, have some patience lol.

Guess I'm in the first batch of shipments, as I did order the minute they went live on the site (I was refreshing my browser at 11:59 EST)
Just checked my USPS tracking info again and it's been changed to delivery today from Friday. Looks like I'll have a new carry for Thanksgiving weekend. I'll post some pics when it arrives.
hackzogan

Post by hackzogan »

I'm glad my delivery date was moved from Friday to today also. I was not looking forward to coming to work Friday even if it was just to pick up a new knife haha
crow2071

Post by crow2071 »

I'm a big big fan of Cutlery Shoppe; I think the main issue, if there is one, is it should have been stated that it was a preorder. I think that would have spared a lot of the anxiety about the shipping.
Cscottsss

Post by Cscottsss »

crow2071 wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:50 am
I'm a big big fan of Cutlery Shoppe; I think the main issue, if there is one, is it should have been stated that it was a preorder. I think that would have spared a lot of the anxiety about the shipping.
I mean, it went live on Friday afternoon and shipped out Monday. That is on par with most all online knife retailers I've ordered from......
DrVenkman

Post by DrVenkman »

crow2071 wrote:

I agree with this. I understand some of them have been shipped. However, this was really a pre-order. They did not have the knives in stock and they are still waiting for them to arrive. That means they were pre-sold. They have no more and they have all been spoken for. I am not upset, but it would have been much nicer to be informed off the bat, and not had to find out by alternate channels that they do not even have the knife I ordered and are still waiting on it. I think people would have liked for Cutlery Shoppe to put that out there. That's all I am saying.
Cscottsss

Post by Cscottsss »

DrVenkman wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:14 am
crow2071 wrote:

I agree with this. I understand some of them have been shipped. However, this was really a pre-order. They did not have the knives in stock and they are still waiting for them to arrive. That means they were pre-sold. They have no more and they have all been spoken for. I am not upset, but it would have been much nicer to be informed off the bat, and not had to find out by alternate channels that they do not even have the knife I ordered and are still waiting on it. I think people would have liked for Cutlery Shoppe to put that out there. That's all I am saying.
I guess you can't satisfy everyone....

I ordered mine on Friday at 12 EST when they went live on the website and it's getting delivered today. Transit from Idaho to KY, not bad especially since the Holidays.
BigGrove

Post by BigGrove »

Cscottsss wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:44 am
DrVenkman wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:14 am
crow2071 wrote:

I guess you can't satisfy everyone....

I ordered mine on Friday at 12 EST when they went live on the website and it's getting delivered today. Transit from Idaho to KY, not bad especially since the Holidays.
Same here, ordered on Friday, delivering today.

Ultimately I don't really care if it's "technically" a preorder or not. CS knew a shipment was arriving on Monday unlike what I consider a true preorder when an item is listed with an unknown or far into the future ship date. If anything, CS may have been concerned dropping them during the holiday week when people are more likely to be traveling.
Cscottsss

Post by Cscottsss »

It's here, along with some extra goodies. Thanks as always CS.

Dornbox

Post by Dornbox »

I was more worried that somehow my order got screwed up and I would miss out. I hate seeing the knife I want that was released a only few months ago or even days ago going for 50%-100% more on ebay solely because people purchased them just for that point. On the brighter side though, the excitement of waiting for a drop is pretty cool and now I feel a little better knowing that I didn't miss out... probably didn't....
Too many Military family variants... and yet not enough.
:spyder:
Dornbox

Post by Dornbox »

Cscottsss wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:21 am
Man! Now I wish I had picked up a DLC version too! Sweeeeeeeet!
Too many Military family variants... and yet not enough.
:spyder:
BigGrove

Post by BigGrove »

Cscottsss wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:21 am
Looks great. Glad I ordered one of each.
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

Cscottsss wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:03 am
I mean, it went live on Friday afternoon and shipped out Monday. That is on par with most all online knife retailers I've ordered from......
Yeah, I ordered Friday too and mine has not shipped and no word on when it will. That is not typical. The st nicks para shipped right away. Same with blade hq.
I’m not worried and have no ill will toward cs, but to say “I got mine and all is well” that’s a little messed up.
DrVenkman

Post by DrVenkman »

SF Native wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:20 pm
Cscottsss wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:03 am
Yeah, I ordered Friday too and mine has not shipped and no word on when it will. That is not typical. The st nicks para shipped right away. Same with blade hq.
I’m not worried and have no ill will toward cs, but to say “I got mine and all is well” that’s a little messed up.
That is really where I feel the disconnect. Not that I would not have ordered, but I would have liked to have been made aware that, for example (The first 250 are arriving Monday and we expect the second batch to be here later in the week). I am happy for the ones that already got one in hand or shipped, but I would have liked to have been told what was going on instead of just "awaiting fulfillment".
rgrad80

Post by rgrad80 »

Mine was hand delivered to my house today by Mrs. Idaho 2017!

Just kidding, still no shipping confirm. But I’m an adult and I realize that I can’t always get everything I want, when I want it...and that’s okay.

In all seriousness: Happy Thanksgiving you knife nuts!!!
Days without buying a Spyderco: 35

You always have a choice.
andrewu750

Post by andrewu750 »

Just got my shipping notice!
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Mines been delivered but I can’t pick it up for a few days.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
CXXX

Post by CXXX »

CXXX wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:32 pm
10:03 am Confirmation email on Friday, Shipping notice at 12:08 pm today [Monday], tracking shows it will be here Wed. I did opt for the Priority USPS mail though, wanted to be sure they [bought both] were shipped in a box.

Received today, USPS still managed to crunch the Priority Mail box which crunched one of the Spyderco boxes :confused: Great knives though.