Wolfspyder

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Terp61

Wolfspyder

Post by Terp61 »

I stopped into the Spyderco Outlet on Monday, there was a Wolfspyder in their display case. I picked it up for what I thought was a great price at $142.00. Online through the Ray Mears and Spyderco websites it’s available for about $190.00. It’s been in my pocket since I bought it, it’s a great little knife with some unique features. I was told there were quite a few available, so if anyone is looking for one of these, you won’t beat the price. Unfortunately, it’s only available in Golden for $142.00. I regret not purchasing two in the event I lose this one.
SF Native

Re: Wolfspyder

Post by SF Native »

That’s a great price. That’s one I want to add to my collection. It’s a little pricy. I will get around to it. Others keep getting in the way.
Terp61

Post by Terp61 »

I asked why they were selling it at the Outlet, and was told the Wolfspyder wasn’t selling well on Mears’ website. Ray Mears gave Spyderco permission to sell it through the retail store in Golden. It was the best deal in the store, everything else is priced at about MSRP. Been there a few times, I understand why, but it’s a lot of fun to see so many great knives under one roof. Kind of a pilgrimage for us Spyderco fans, I live 1000 miles away from the place. Apparently, there’s a bunch of em left, I was told hundreds. ****, I should’ve bought two. I own quite a few Spydies, and the Wolfspyder is just a different, great little knife.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Pics!
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
PStone

Post by PStone »

Looking around knifeworks website today, and noticed the Wolfspyder listed as coming soon. So I called to see what’s up. The nice lady told me that they were for sure getting some, but no definite ETA, and no word if it is going to be MAP priced or the full $189. I hope that this puts it in more people’s hands. It’s an overlooked model that needs to be used to be appreciated. I enjoy mine so much I bought a second. And I may buy a third while I still can....
Mom3ntuM

Post by Mom3ntuM »

Nice looking knife, It would probably sell better if Ray Mears would use It on camera. Maybe he has and i Have not seen it. He seems to always use his woodlore. :)
Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.
James Dean
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

The Wolfspyder is indeed an intriguing model! My main use of knives, aside from cooking is for woodworking. I have plenty of Scandi grind knives-- general purpose and slojd knives. Mora and Helle. I love them all. I also have a CS Finn Wolf, which i quite like and is surprisingly good for the price.

The Wolfspyder appeals, but i have those bases so covered already. I would probably have to find it at a very nice price to buy-- even though i like and want it. May also be a mite too small for my hands-- haven't handled one, but by picture and specs it seems to be.
soulspy

Post by soulspy »

I always liked the look of this knife, but couldn't get past the price with currency exchange rates...
Cone10down

Post by Cone10down »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:04 am
Pics!
Yes! Pics please!