UKPK 52100 Sprint?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sharp Guy

UKPK 52100 Sprint?

Post by Sharp Guy »

In the Coyote Urban thread the idea of a 52100 sprint was mentioned once again. Sal suggested that we start a seperate thread to gauge interest. So I'm doing just that.

Would you be interested in a UKPK with 52100 steel? If so, what configuration would you like to see?

Personally, I'd like to see OD green G10 scales with the leaf shaped blade. However, I'd also be perfectly happy with FRN scales and drop point blade.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
steelcity16

Re: UKPK 52100 Sprint?

Post by steelcity16 »

Im not really interested in any slippies so I wouldnt buy one of these. A locking FRN UKPK with a 52100 Drop Point blade? That I would buy in a heartbeat. I like 52100 a lot. I would rather see a Native LW and Linerless G10 (no peel ply cf please) Native in 52100.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

I’m still trying to save some funds for the 52100 para3. And now there is one in 4v. I can hardly keep up.
I really want to try 52100. And I like the ukpk platform. I would get one
PanChango

Post by PanChango »

While G10 or CF would make for some nice scales, I would be happy with any frn 52100 leaf shaped UKPK.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Yes sir. OD green FRN. Leaf blade. Hook me right up.
- best wishes, Jazz.
shaztec

Post by shaztec »

Yes please. Frn with leaf shape.
shaztecs_knives on instagram
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

steelcity16 wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:02 pm
Im not really interested in any slippies so I wouldnt buy one of these....
I understand your disinterest but have you tried a UKPK? A few years ago, I had 0 interest in a slip-joint Spydie. After reading about them here on the forum I decided to try one. I'm sure glad I did! The way the blade clicks into place it's just short of it being fully locked. It's kind of hard to explain but it's basically locked but it unlocks by pushing on the spine. With your finger in the forward groove there's no worry about hurting yourself if the blade does close somehow.

I still want my locking folders but the UKPK can handle most of what I use a EDC knife for.
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

I got a squeak for my wife, and I gotta say I’m pretty impressed with the slipits.

So... 52100, how about some micarta?
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:17 pm

I understand your disinterest but have you tried a UKPK? A few years ago, I had 0 interest in a slip-joint Spydie. After reading about them here on the forum I decided to try one. I'm sure glad I did! The way the blade clicks into place it's just short of it being fully locked. It's kind of hard to explain but it's basically locked but it unlocks by pushing on the spine. With your finger in the forward groove there's no worry about hurting yourself if the blade does close somehow.

I still want my locking folders but the UKPK can handle most of what I use a EDC knife for.

Exactly.
- best wishes, Jazz.
Slumblor

Post by Slumblor »

I'm in! And I'm liking the sound of the OD green G10 and leaf blade on this too. I've been really wanting a G10 UKPK.

Part of me would kind of rather a stainless for a sprint UKPK though, if I had a choice. But I will buy one and have wanted to try 52100
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I’ve been beating this drum for a while now so I’m glad to see someone else start a ukpk sprint thread. Thanks Spark Guy. As usually I hope for G10 scales but it’ll likely be frn which is good too. Please don’t do green though!

Orange, tan, blue, yellow, grey..anything but green. :D

52100 would be cool. I haven’t tried that steel yet.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
joeldworkin307

Post by joeldworkin307 »

Yes and yes!
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

Oh yes yes yes OD Green with a coated blade.
Or if Knifecenter picked this one up for some pakkawood.
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
foofie

Post by foofie »

Yes and yes please.
I am now up to 4 ukpks, with two more sets of custom scales on the way. I really love my Para3 in rex 45 and my sliverax, but the UKPKs can cut 99% of what I need them to do without even making me think twice. The more I use them, the more I realize I don't need a lock.
Hobnob

Post by Hobnob »

The UKPK has replaced both the Delica and Native as my EDC. Of the 5 I have the S110 and BD1N leaf are carried most. How about keeping the BD1N and offering different colors of FRN. Tan, Gray, Lt Blue would be my preferred choices.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:37 pm
I’ve been beating this drum for a while now so I’m glad to see someone else start a ukpk sprint thread. Thanks Spark Guy. As usually I hope for G10 scales but it’ll likely be frn which is good too. Please don’t do green though!

I know you've been rooting for a UKPK sprint for awhile now. When Sal suggested starting a seperate thread I did it with you in mind. I had no idea you were so against the color green. Somebody mentioned OD green awhile ago. I've grown kind of fond of it lately and it seems like it would be a good fit with 52100. So I threw it out there and I'm going with it. Everyone's welcome to make their own suggestions and we'll see what sticks.

I have so much grey now that it's quickly becoming the new black for me.

Orange is becoming a bit overdone too (IMO) and they've already made a orange UKPK.

I love blue but I already have several blue knives, including a UKPK.

Coyote tan would be ok I guess but they're already doing the Urban with it.

How about bright red? I finally have some red knives now but another one would be ok if it was the right shade.
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

I don’t much care for OD green, but I *love* dark forest green like the tenacious looks in pics. Haven’t seen one in person...
Nate

Post by Nate »

Interested in pretty much whatever color and with a slight preference for leaf, but drop point would be fine too.
:spyder:
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Anything but pink, really. Tomato red? Goldenrod yellow? Not a coated blade, please.
- best wishes, Jazz.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:37 pm
Liquid Cobra wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:37 pm

I know you've been rooting for a UKPK sprint for awhile now. When Sal suggested starting a seperate thread I did it with you in mind. I had no idea you were so against the color green. Somebody mentioned OD green awhile ago. I've grown kind of fond of it lately and it seems like it would be a good fit with 52100. So I threw it out there and I'm going with it. Everyone's welcome to make their own suggestions and we'll see what sticks.

I have so much grey now that it's quickly becoming the new black for me.

Orange is becoming a bit overdone too (IMO) and they've already made a orange UKPK.

I love blue but I already have several blue knives, including a UKPK.

Coyote tan would be ok I guess but they're already doing the Urban with it.

How about bright red? I finally have some red knives now but another one would be ok if it was the right shade.

Everyone will have their own color preferences of course. So if it was foliage green many would be happy, many would not be. The problem with OD green just like orange is that Spyderco has already made OD green UKPKs. So something new would be better imo.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra