St. Nick's Knives Exclusive Para 3

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
amateur blacksmith

Re: St. Nick's Knives Exclusive Para 3

Post by amateur blacksmith »

I hope given the popularity of the PM2 they ramp up production when it's made. It would be good to know we've got a day or 2 to secure one versus an hour.
fixall

Post by fixall »

amatuer blacksmith wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:27 am
I hope given the popularity of the PM2 they ramp up production when it's made. It would be good to know we've got a day or 2 to secure one versus an hour.
That can entail a TON of risk though. Imagine if they had done that with the Delica. Yea, I’m sure they’d eventually recoup their cost (it’s a great knife), but how long would that take?
med

Post by med »

MichaelScott wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:29 am
med wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:50 pm
MichaelScott wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:06 am
I know. After living with one of Sharp Guy’s Para 3s for a couple of weeks I’ve grown more fond of the knife. I really like the Para Military 2 but when I had one it seemed too big (for me) to carry frequently. The Para 3 hits that sweet spot though and has most of the defining characteristics of the Para Military 2. However, I do like the longer blade on the Para Military 2, which is of course the reason it is bigger. So, looks like I am on the fence and will stay there for a while.
I actually prefer the Para 3 over the PM2 by quite a bit. Once the Para 3 came out the PM2 slowly started to seem like just an oversized tactical folder.
I don’t regard the Para Military 2 as a “tactical” knife. In my opinion a Ka-Bar or a dagger or a knife specifically designed as a fighting tool like the Yojimbo are actually tactical. Tactics are a set of actions, not material objects.

Anyway, difference of opinion. I have three knives with blades in the sub-3” range. If I decide to get a bigger knife the Para 3 would only be marginally bigger so the Para Military 2 would better fit that role for me.
Non fighting knifes... Im not sure if planning on knife fights is a good idea for just anyone and that includes active military. :)

First responder action is a good example of a situation where a folding knife marketed as a tactical knife is useful, cutting things fast, opening and closing, one hand open and close capability, enough blade to cut straps, boxes, fabric.

Im not talking about performing tactical combat maneuvers with a knife. :D

Remember a tactic is just part of a strategy. :spyder:
allhatnocattle

Post by allhatnocattle »

Para 3/Delica combo sold out. Now just delica’s and whatever is available in store.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I see some of you already received shipping notification shortly after making your purchase. I had my order placed at 8:03pm and still haven't received notification. I'm not worried...yet, but that is a bit strange.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
KnickKnackCity

Post by KnickKnackCity »

Had one of those "If they're still there when I wake up I'll pull the trigger" moments last night... 3 left when I opened my eyes. Sorry wallet. Combo deal secured. Definitely looking forward to handling my first G10 Delica and getting an in-person look at those liners. I am really still partial to the PM2 over the P3, we'll see if this one is the one to tip the scales
Last edited by KnickKnackCity on Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
allhatnocattle

Post by allhatnocattle »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:23 am
I see some of you already received shipping notification shortly after making your purchase. I had my order placed at 8:03pm and still haven't received notification. I'm not worried...yet, but that is a bit strange.
Yeah, mine was confirmed at 8:01 i’m not worried yet. I mean imagine you’re a mid sized business that just got gloriously bombed with at least 500 orders. Then you have to sort and ship those who paid from those whose cards declined. It might be a minute. But still Awesome job on not fumbling the release.
KnickKnackCity

Post by KnickKnackCity »

Joey wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:10 pm
At 7:00 when the knife was orderable, their stock count said 596. It dropped to less than 300 in 2-3 minutes! Limited to one per customer.
Happen to know how many combo packs were initially available? I didn't follow the drop live, but I believe this inventory was separate from the individual unit link?
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

allhatnocattle wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:58 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Yeah, mine was confirmed at 8:01 i’m not worried yet. I mean imagine you’re a mid sized business that just got gloriously bombed with at least 500 orders. Then you have to sort and ship those who paid from those whose cards declined. It might be a minute. But still Awesome job on not fumbling the release.
Totally agree, everything seemed to have went very smoothly. They just got a feel for how crazy all of us Spyderco fans really are haha!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

KnickKnackCity wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:04 am
Joey wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:10 pm
At 7:00 when the knife was orderable, their stock count said 596. It dropped to less than 300 in 2-3 minutes! Limited to one per customer.
Happen to know how many combo packs were initially available? I didn't follow the drop live, but I believe this inventory was separate from the individual unit link?
50 was the number quoted several pages back. Welcome to the club Knick knack.

Some fine employees at st. Nicks must have been putting in overtime to ship all those last night.
KnickKnackCity

Post by KnickKnackCity »

SF Native wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:40 am
50 was the number quoted several pages back. Welcome to the club Knick knack.

Some fine employees at st. Nicks must have been putting in overtime to ship all those last night.
Thanks on both accounts, SFN. This club has some spendy dues, but my fellow members and slicey perks are definitely worth it!

I think they could have allocated another 100 P3s to the combo deal and only have been left with 18 delicas by end of day today.

Hoping the elves over at St. Nicks are clocking some overtime to fill and ship these out with the quickness to all of us good :spyder: boys & girls :) ;)
Joey

Post by Joey »

KnickKnackCity wrote: I think they could have allocated another 100 P3s to the combo deal and only have been left with 18 delicas by end of day today.
Yes they could have, but let’s agree that we are all glad that they didn’t. Personally, I ordered the combo, but I’m glad I had the choice :) congratulations on getting one, even when you were playing with fire waiting for the morning :P
TkoK83Spy wrote:
I placed my order at 7:03 PM and haven’t received a shipment notification.
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Special thanks to Sharp Guy and Luke2236! One started and one stoked this red DLC fire.
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
Luke2236

Post by Luke2236 »

I stopped by the shop just after they opened this morning. If you ordered last night just give them a little time. This is a small mom and pop store(a very good one though). They were up very late last night processing orders the guy this morning said he didn’t get home till 4am. They have really great customer service you’ll get it it just might take a day or so to get it out the door. I’m in no way affiliated with them they are my local knife shop here in Athens Alabama. Good bunch of guys that are honest.
Wanted: M4 PM 2 or manix M4.
Luke2236

Post by Luke2236 »

I will say if you are gonna use the knife it’s a great user. I put it into service this morning several times while loading cattle to take to the sale.
Wanted: M4 PM 2 or manix M4.
Crux

Post by Crux »

grumpy514 wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:25 pm
Of course I missed this! How long did it take to sell out? Any idea if they will release more?
When I spoke to them they said it depended on how the sale went as the Delica did not sell as well as they thought it would when they first introduced it. If they just sold 600 knives in under 50 minutes my guess would be yes.
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:
Peacedivision

Post by Peacedivision »

Crux wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:24 am
grumpy514 wrote:
Of course I missed this! How long did it take to sell out? Any idea if they will release more?
When I spoke to them they said it depended on how the sale went as the Delica did not sell as well as they thought it would when they first introduced it. If they just sold 600 knives in under 50 minutes my guess would be yes.
On their IG they said no plans for additional runs of the PM3. Next one they mentioned was PM2 run but no timeframe.
Brown_Recluse

Post by Brown_Recluse »

Crux wrote:
grumpy514 wrote:
Us Para 3-aholics are more prevalent than Delica fans that's for sure.
CPM S90V
Maxamet
CPM-M4
M390
CPM 20CV
Lc200N
CPM-S45VN
Crux

Post by Crux »

Brown_Recluse wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:34 am
Crux wrote:
grumpy514 wrote:
Us Para 3-aholics are more prevalent than Delica fans that's for sure.
After I held the first one, I was an addict. I think this one is one of the best looking ones.
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:
rgrad80

Post by rgrad80 »

I was looking for a special knife to get my father in law, and I was days away from getting him the Native 5, but this Para 3 is soo awesome I think I’m going to have to give it to him.
Days without buying a Spyderco: 35

You always have a choice.