New 20CV Para 2!!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
steelcity16

Re: New 20CV Para 2!!!

Post by steelcity16 »

MacLaren wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:25 pm
St.Nicks will have a PMII in the same configuration as their PMIII next year. I will prolly grab that one.
Black DLC over CPM-4V with Red G10. (Looks awesome!)

Boo...while I understand why they would do a PM2 (they are basically printing $$) I would have much rather seen a Native, Military, Manix, Manix Backlock, Manix XL, Shaman, Native LW, or Manix LW. Hopefully we will get ALL of these as some of these models don't ever get good exclusives. :D
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

I'd like to see more models get some sprint love as well.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Well fellas, as far as Sprints, I think that's totally up to Spyderco.
Hard to blame s dealer for wanting to make money. ( Exclusive )
But, don't get me wrong, I too, would love to see different models in upcoming Sprints.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Who is paying $250 for these on eBay??? Quit encouraging these flippers people...this isn't a $250 knife! :mad:
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
jtoler_9

Post by jtoler_9 »

steelcity16 wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:26 pm
Who is paying $250 for these on eBay??? Quit encouraging these flippers people...this isn't a $250 knife! :mad:
If people are willing to pay $250 for it, then it is a $250 knife! :rolleyes:
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

Gotta love when people start getting upset about flippers. I'll never get it. Don't like it, don't buy it. That simple.

And a knife is worth whatever someone pays for it. If someone buys one for $800. Guess what. It's worth that to someone.
bouhunter

Post by bouhunter »

steelcity16 wrote:
Calm down. I doubt anyone here is "encouraging flippers". It's a free market, everyone is free to buy or not. :rolleyes:
allhatnocattle

Post by allhatnocattle »

Weve all lusted after the knife that got away, never complained that we paid too little, just that we paid too much. Some folks use the resale market to fund other hobbies. Even the collector club folks sell off what they don’t like, want or need. Its all a means to an end. Might get someone the dream knife they always wanted or if you have a Bento Box blue PM2 or an REC Para 3 you might be eying a new yacht or Ferarri. Either way its good for the market and good for the people because its keeps the dream alive.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

bouhunter wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:48 am
steelcity16 wrote:
Calm down. I doubt anyone here is "encouraging flippers". It's a free market, everyone is free to buy or not. :rolleyes:

If you buy a knife for $100 over what it cost new then yes, that is "encouraging flippers". I can go to sold listings and see that a bunch of PM2s sold for $100 over the purchase price within days, so now I am encouraged to do the same. Pretty soon (if not already) people will be using bots to buy up all of the sprints and exclusives and your only hope will be paying $300 on ebay for a knife that cost $150 new. Great for Spyderco, great for dealers, great for flippers, terrible for actual knife users.

It's one thing to buy a knife, decide its not for you, put it up for auction and the bidding goes above asking. But the people who buy a knife for the sole purpose of making money are ultimately hurting the people actually want to get a knife to use at the retail price.
archangel

Post by archangel »

DLT charged $21,17 for FedEx. It's a bit more than I would like to pay, but then again it's going to arrive here in Germany already on Monday! Probably will have to pay the tax directly upon delivery, but that's cool, too.

Love the pics of the tan g10, can't wait to see it in person!!
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
Tucson Tom

Post by Tucson Tom »

bouhunter wrote:
Calm down. I doubt anyone here is "encouraging flippers".
I want to go on the record right now, that I have never encouraged a flipper! :rolleyes:
BIGSTRETCH

Post by BIGSTRETCH »

I picked up a couple of these. I love the color combo and wanted one to carry and another to save. Such a nice, clean look. DLC would have ruined it imo. I'd actually spec'd out and been dreaming of a "Worktable-crafted" custom shop "Twisty Fluvial" knife in this exact color combo. I'm happy to make due with the PM2 instead, for now at least. :)

Unfortunately, both are the identically off-center toward the show side. I wonder if QC was lower for this model or if I just had bum luck.
Last edited by BIGSTRETCH on Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BIGSTRETCH

Post by BIGSTRETCH »

Apologies ::double post::
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

BIGSTRETCH wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:57 am
Unfortunately, both are the identically off-center toward the show side. I wonder if QC was lower for this model or if I just had bum luck.
I can't imagine they'd change their QC standards for any reason.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
BigGrove

Post by BigGrove »

steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:32 am
bouhunter wrote:
steelcity16 wrote:

If you buy a knife for $100 over what it cost new then yes, that is "encouraging flippers". I can go to sold listings and see that a bunch of PM2s sold for $100 over the purchase price within days, so now I am encouraged to do the same. Pretty soon (if not already) people will be using bots to buy up all of the sprints and exclusives and your only hope will be paying $300 on ebay for a knife that cost $150 new. Great for Spyderco, great for dealers, great for flippers, terrible for actual knife users.

It's one thing to buy a knife, decide its not for you, put it up for auction and the bidding goes above asking. But the people who buy a knife for the sole purpose of making money are ultimately hurting the people actually want to get a knife to use at the retail price.
I believe we're all in agreement that it's madness to pay 2 or 3 times advertised retail. $400+ for a Para 3? C'mon...

On the other hand if no one would pay more than advertised retail for sprints/exclusives (which would mean less demand and sitting in retailers' inventory unsold), Spyderco would probably not be blessing us with all these incredible steels, colors, coatings etc. Flippers are only a byproduct of the huge demand caused by limited supply. Even more to the point, the flippers are fulfilling their part in the market we're in at the moment to help drive the demand which leads to more exclusives/sprints for us.

Rather than b!tch about them, we ought to be thanking them.
BIGSTRETCH

Post by BIGSTRETCH »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:05 pm
BIGSTRETCH wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:57 am
I can't imagine they'd change their QC standards for any reason.
Well I doubt it happens intentionally, but it happens. I've seen entire runs of knives with blades ground a little off in the same way for example. With the PM2, it's probably more likely that the scales or liners are flexing just slightly one way or the other. Any way, I don't mean to alarm anyone. It isn't bad at all, I'm just curious to see how centering is for you guys when they start showing up.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Delete
Last edited by Liquid Cobra on Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Lorelei

Post by Lorelei »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:54 pm
Headed to pick mine up and bring it home to Canada. Wish me luck and a safe trip!
My your mission be a success!
BUzzBUcket

Post by BUzzBUcket »

For those interested - 15% off for purchase price of items over $25USD on eBay today until 6:00 PM PT for those in United States, Canada, Latin America or the Caribbean. $250 USD -15% = $212.50 USD !!
KnickKnackCity

Post by KnickKnackCity »

So much Smokey and the Bandit imagery going through my head right now. Godspeed, one-handed opening bootlegger.