Psf27 hardness

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
supracor

Psf27 hardness

Post by supracor »

Can i know what is spyderco's Psf27 target hardness?

Thanks to all the answers :)
snapshot2017

Re: Psf27 hardness

Post by snapshot2017 »

What Spyderco knife are you wanting to know about their blade hardness, they may use different heat treatments for different knives.
supracor

Post by supracor »

snapshot2017 wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:38 am
What Spyderco knife are you wanting to know about their blade hardness, they may use different heat treatments for different knives.
I have a Bradley Bowie.
I know only other two Spydercos that are made out of Psf27, but i don't know if they changed HT cycle.
snapshot2017

Post by snapshot2017 »

supracor wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:50 am
snapshot2017 wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:38 am
I have a Bradley Bowie.
I know only other two Spydercos that are made out of Psf27, but i don't know if they changed HT cycle.
The answer i feel has to come from Spyderco to be correc,t about this knife blade heat treatment and it's rc hardness.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I don't see a lot of reports on any of those three knives. I often wonder how well the Bradley's are selling.

I have the Bowie and it does not seem all that hard to me. It sharpens pretty easily. Deadboxhero has it right now and he has been sharpening it and testing it a bit and should report back soon. He didn't seem to think it was run super hard either.

I can tell you that I have battoned and pried with it quite a bit and it definitely didn't fail or chip at all. It does have fairly stout geometry though.

Sorry, I cannot give you an exact number.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

I want a combo between the Bowie and the junction. The size/shape of the junction with the contoured scales of the bowie.