The Potential of LC200N

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Harkwit

The Potential of LC200N

Post by Harkwit »

Hey guys! I'm new to the forum, a recent lover of Spyderco. So far I have a Caribbean, a Manix 2 LW in S90V (CutleryShoppe), a CF Chaparral, and a ZDP-189 Dragonfly.

As someone who lives in one of the most humid and salty places in America (Florida), I'm super intrigued by the rust-proof steels like H1 and LC200N. I love my Caribbean, but I find it to be pretty big at times, and had a few questions.

Will we see some smaller models in a similar style to the Caribbean? Maybe like how we have the Lil' Native to the Shaman?

I also read somewhere that because H1 is a compression-treated steel (correct me if I'm wrong), serrated edges actually retain better than plain edges because it uses less of the softer steel core. Is this the same practice for LC200N?

Also, will we get to see some kitchen knives come out in LC200N, potentially? :)

Thanks for any responses, and thank you Sal and Eric for making my new favorite brand.
Harkwit

Re: The Potential of LC200N

Post by Harkwit »

bump!
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Welcome to the forum Harkwit.

I'm not sure what all is being planned for LC200N but I wouldn't be surprised if we started seeing more and more models in this steel.

I know there has been a lot of talk and speculation about whether or not Spyderco will create "Salt" versions of its popular Golden line. I think that would be a great idea!

I do believe that they are planning to make a kitchen knife set in LC200N. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

The native salt in lc200n might fit the bill for a smaller knife in lc200n. Hopefully it's out soon.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

I've heard about the kitchen knife set. I will be buying that or at least a couple of lc200n kitchen knives if sold individually. I'm eagerly awaiting the native salt. The only lc200n knife I have is the spydiechef but I have nothing but good things to say about the steel.
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

H1 is work hardened IE from cutting the serrations makes the edge harder than on plain edge, LC200N does not work harden the same as H1 so serrations or plain edge won't matter. I think the plan is actually to make a BIGGER Caribbean so I wouldn't wait for that to happen anytime soon, hopefully the LC200N Native drops in the next few months. They are also working on a LC200N fixed blade the Waterway. I think that one is being produced now so should be out this month I would guess.
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

As long as we keep SE H1, I'll be happy with more PE LC200N. I think so at least. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds good. I know I love H1.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Check out the SpydieChef, it’s an absolutely phenomenal LC200N knife!
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
hambone56rx

Post by hambone56rx »

Sjucaveman wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:16 am
The native salt in lc200n might fit the bill for a smaller knife in lc200n. Hopefully it's out soon.
My thoughts exactly!
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

I thoroughly enjoy lc200n, can't wait for more.

Native Salt is making me lose sleep...
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

I know there is a lot of demand for a LC200N PM2. That'd be a good one alright.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Sjucaveman wrote:
I've been so busy lately with my ongoing physical therapy that I've heard of the LC200N Native but I never got all the scoop on it. Are they going to offer that one in Spyderedge? If so I'll pay for one in advance if necessary. I want a full Spyderedged LC200N blade really bad because I truly want to test it hard for Spyderedge performance in that blade steel.

Also I still can't understand for the life of me why the TUSK model which is featured in LC200N as to why they have not made one of them in full Spyderedge :confused:
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

JD Spydo wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:46 am
Sjucaveman wrote:
I've been so busy lately with my ongoing physical therapy that I've heard of the LC200N Native but I never got all the scoop on it. Are they going to offer that one in Spyderedge? If so I'll pay for one in advance if necessary. I want a full Spyderedged LC200N blade really bad because I truly want to test it hard for Spyderedge performance in that blade steel.

Also I still can't understand for the life of me why the TUSK model which is featured in LC200N as to why they have not made one of them in full Spyderedge :confused:

Wait, wut? ;) Have you been living under a rock man!!? lol. I've literally checked the delivered thread a few times a day looking for this release since they announced this model. With the Native LW being my favorite model and LC200N being not only the toughest of the available steels for that model, but also stainless, I imagine this will see the majority of my pocket time. Im probably going to end up buying a bunch of these.

And yes, there is a full Spyderedge version that is supposed to come out as well. I'm definitely getting one of those to try out.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red