Brouwer on final?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MichaelScott

Brouwer on final?

Post by MichaelScott »

I got my copy of this month’s Edge-u-Cation featuring the new Brouwer, and the sad news that Jerry Brouwer has Parkinson’s. Best to you, Jerry. I can relate and feel that you are a fighter.

I’m also wondering if we will see this knife released soon. It is the most interesting new one announced this year for me.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
mb1

Re: Brouwer on final?

Post by mb1 »

I was sorry to read that news too. Will offer up some prayers on Jerry’s behalf.

I really like that little knife. It’s a good looking drop point. Hope it does well.
- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

The news about jerry is just terrible.
I met him at the amsterdam meet a few years back. And he is a maker that enjoys every moment of making a knife. I hope he will have the best care and that he can continue his passion. His folder has always bin on my wishlist.
But a custom is not in my range.
Im very glad to see his design was pickt up bij spyderco now i can finaly get one for my own.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

MichaelScott wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:25 pm
I’m also wondering if we will see this knife released soon. It is the most interesting new one announced this year for me.
A week or so a go someone posted on FB that the Brouwer was available at some dealers in Europe. So I would expect they'll be available here soon.

I was also saddened to read that Mr. Brouwer's battling Parkinson's.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

keithkevinken confirmed the Brouwer is on it's way to collectors, it's been shipped from Spyderco and on it's way to the collector distributors
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
Wanimator

Post by Wanimator »

Prayers to him. Parkinson's is a horrible thing that some manage for a long time, and some for less.
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

apollo wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:38 pm
I met him at the amsterdam meet a few years back. And he is a maker that enjoys every moment of making a knife. I hope he will have the best care and that he can continue his passion. His folder has always bin on my wishlist.
Im very glad to see his design was pickt up bij spyderco now i can finaly get one for my own.
I also met him at the Amsterdam meet, possibly the one you attended. His knife, along with the Ouroboros, was a highlight. He was very enthusiastic about knives, and I’m sorry to hear he’s been dealt this hand. I really hope he can keep working with knives as long as possible.
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

tvenuto wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:27 pm
apollo wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:38 pm
I also met him at the Amsterdam meet, possibly the one you attended. His knife, along with the Ouroboros, was a highlight. He was very enthusiastic about knives, and I’m sorry to hear he’s been dealt this hand. I really hope he can keep working with knives as long as possible.
Yes indeed if i remember correctly you where there also. :D
It was the last time i went. Maybe i will go back sometime in the future depends on the misses i guess. :o :D