What a knife! KW exclusive Green Military CTS 204p

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
rgrad80

What a knife! KW exclusive Green Military CTS 204p

Post by rgrad80 »

A little about me: I’ve been a “knife guy” since I was a little kid, I like all the stereotypical guy stuff...motorcycles, guns, hiking/camping, my wife, football, eagles, doing the right thing. I’m 6’1” 200lbs. It’s important to know who’s writing the review:)

To me, the Green 204 Military is just a piece of art. All of it. The shape of the blade, the handle, spacers, lanyard hole,smooth action...it’s just hands down awesome.

The green G-10 is going to appeal to a wide variety of people. It’s not a loud, it’s the type of green you would expect a Forest Ranger’s knife to be. The texture of the G-10 on this knife is agressive compared to a lot of other knives I’ve owned, but not obnoxiously aggressive, just “aggressive when you need it” aggressive.

The hardware used to put this knife together is just outstanding. Everything looks and feels substantial, almost has an industrial look to it. Way cool.

The blade steele is CTS 204P, Google it. Basically it’s a super steele most people will not fully utilize or be able to appreciate...myself included. The blade came impressively sharp and centered out of the box, but that’s just the Spyderco way, we are spoiled:)

The grip options are impressive. You can grip back on the handle comfortabley, if let’s say you want to stab a scary bug without getting too close, or you can choke up on the knife to carve or open Amazon boxes...and anywhere in between. Lots of real estate with lots of options. How does it feel to me? Perfect, but I have large hands and I don’t know what YOUR hands are like, so I can’t say it’s going to be awesome for everyone.

The knife options we have today are totally different than what was available let’s say 30 years ago. We are all soo very lucky. It breaks my heart that people are going to miss out on this knife because of all the other super cool options Spyderco has put out in the last 2-3 years. The sprints, exclusives, new models...just kinda caused this Military to be lost in the noise.

I couldn’t be happier with my decision to add this Military to my collection. The quality of this knife is just outstanding and I wanted to share my thought on it with you.

Regards,

Rick
Days without buying a Spyderco: 35

You always have a choice.
cutraleufu

Re: What a knife! KW exclusive Green Military CTS 204p

Post by cutraleufu »

It's so nice to hear when someone is truly happy with a new knife!!

Enjoy it Rick!!
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

Couldn't agree more Rick. This, and the M390 are my favorite Millies.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

The 204p Millie has long been my favorite Spydie and steel.
You really picked a winner Rick. Congratz man.
anycal

Post by anycal »

Thanks for sharing. Very good description on one of my favorite :spyder:

Peter
vivi

Post by vivi »

I have one and it is the best made Millie I've handled yet...and I've had about ten of them!

Got another knife in my pocket these days, but the Millie will always be one of my favorite designs.
:unicorn
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

The 204P was my second Millie and an exceptional knife.

Definitely an all time favourite. :)
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Totally agree. Fantastic knife.
gingerninja

Post by gingerninja »

Love mine and if I had to choose a knife for life that would be it
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

As great as it is I think the KW cf/ti s90v millie is better.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

It's a good one, and the first one to have CQI. I thought it was the best until I got the CF/Ti version... So much added rigidity for only 0.2 oz weight penalty! I dropped the 204p in it and am very happy.
rgrad80

Post by rgrad80 »

anycal wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:19 pm
Thanks for sharing. Very good description on one of my favorite :spyder:

That is a very nice picture, looks like you put some thought into it...background is perfect for the green handles.

mb1

Post by mb1 »

It’s a great knife. After I carried it for a while it shrank all my other knives. It made a PM2 seem pretty small.

I’ve been carrying a Native a lot lately. So I picked the Millie up the other day and thought, whoa! Look at all that Blade and handle! Lol

- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man
anycal

Post by anycal »

rgrad80 wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:45 am
That is a very nice picture, looks like you put some thought into it...background is perfect for the green handles.
Thanks. Not much thought. Just got lucky.

So, the question is, will there be another Military in your future? The Ti/CF KW exclusive is another great specimen. Or perhaps the soon to be released REX 45?

Peter
rgrad80

Post by rgrad80 »

anycal wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:24 pm
rgrad80 wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:45 am
Thanks. Not much thought. Just got lucky.

So, the question is, will there be another Military in your future? The Ti/CF KW exclusive is another great specimen. Or perhaps the soon to be released REX 45?

It’s funny you asked about the TI/CF because that was the other Military I was considering, but I went with the Green 204 because I really liked clean look of the green scales with the 204 that I have never owned in a steel.

Best case scenario, the TI/CF is still around mid September and I will pick it up. I can afford about one super high end Spyderco per month, or two Mid ranged ones...so about $200 a month:) October seems like a good month to release the Orange Rex45, and that’s definitely on the list. Oh, and the Forum knife is supposed to be released soon. It’s going to be a hard few months, but I’ll find a way to budget for it. Worst case is they release a PM2 OR Military in some cool metal with red scales...that would make it hard to choose the next purchase.

rgrad80

Post by rgrad80 »

vivi

Post by vivi »

I put a black clip from another Millie on mine. Love how it goes with green, too bad the blade doesn't match :D
:unicorn
rgrad80

Post by rgrad80 »

Vivi wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:18 pm
I put a black clip from another Millie on mine. Love how it goes with green, too bad the blade doesn't match :D
I bet the knife would have looked way cool with DLC. I'm waiting for a Military or PM2 with carbon fiber and Black DLC blade...that would be impressive.

Lindo

Post by Lindo »

I’m so glad to hear that others are thrilled about this gorgeous exclusive knife. I wanted one so badly, my girlfriend had it shipped to Lewiston, NY (we live across the border in Canada) and drove over to pick it up - a good excuse for a road trip. The CTS-204P is great steel! I especially like the high resistance to corrosion. I had been hoping for a dark green version! Gorgeous colour and gorgeous steel! It’s suddenly one of my very favourites! (along with my Slysz Bowie, Para 3 S110V, and Kiser Gemini).