Desert Tan FRN

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
steelcity16

Desert Tan FRN

Post by steelcity16 »

I think we are due for a new Native LW in Desert Tan FRN like from the older Operation Iraqi Freedom Native. Im thinking pair it with a steel like Cruwear (52100, 4V, and 3V also acceptable) and a DLC coated blade and hardware. Maybe offer a Manix LW in the same combo. Any takers?
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
knivesandbooks

Re: Desert Tan FRN

Post by knivesandbooks »

I'm down for that in a manix 2 or delica! It's a great color. Second after, of course, od green and black. Steel doesn't matter but I prefer Hap40 for Japanese and XHP or CruWear for American. But vg10 is chill.
Last edited by knivesandbooks on Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

knivesandbooks wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:58 pm
I'm down for that I'm a manix 2 or delica! It's a great color. Second after, of course, od green and black.

Yeah, id take an OD Green and DLC Native LW and Manix LW as well. They should do Cruwear in one color and any of 52100/4V/3V/M4 in the other. We badly need some tool steels in these LW models. Grey with DLC like on the 52100 Manix is another combo id like to see in these LW models. Burnt Orange FRN with DLC Rex45 is another one I am crossing my fingers for.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

steelcity16 wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:03 pm
Yeah, id take an OD Green and DLC Native LW and Manix LW as well. They should do Cruwear in one color and any of 52100/4V/3V/M4 in the other. We badly need some tool steels in these LW models. Grey with DLC like on the 52100 Manix is another combo id like to see in these LW models. Burnt Orange FRN with DLC Rex45 is another one I am crossing my fingers for.
I think I'm just salty I no longer have an od green handle, black bladed knives. Manix Lw in that color would be instant purchase. But, to stay on point, desert tan in a great color and one I'd also buy right away in frn.

As for Steel, I'm fine with the tool steels and like them a lot, especially m4, CruWear, and hap40. I've been on an XHP kick lately though.

This might be excessive but what if they made a manix lw in desert tan with dlc blade and an emerson wave? That might be too tacticool but I could fit it into my collection.
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Flat Dark Earth is what I want to see.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
harronek

Post by harronek »

I love the color of my Tan Delica Kahr , the only thing that stops me using it more is the Sabre grind which Im not a fan of .

Ken
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I like the desert tan color FRN myself. However my favorites are the nuclear reactor colors like the FRN scales in the Nuclear colors i.e. Green, Yellow and the gorgeous ORANGE that they just did the SPYDERHAWK Sprint with. The nuclear colors are so easy to find if you misplace them and oddly enough they tend to be more sheeple friendly. I can't wait for another CATCHERMAN Sprint Run and hopefully in full SE this time around with some type of "GLOW IN THE DARK" FRN handle.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I like the color. It reminds me of coffee ice cream. I love coffee ice cream.

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Baron Mind

Post by Baron Mind »

I'm itching to get my first native. I really want the fluted CF s90v, but, price. I'm about to miss the boat on the Cutlery Shoppe s90v. S110v still an attractive option, nothing wrong with s30v, or s35vm, and the one you have described here sounds nice as well. Need me a native.
mb1

Post by mb1 »

That is a good color. DLC was made for that match.
- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

I'd love to see this color, especially with DLC coated blade.
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Baron Mind wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:51 am
I'm itching to get my first native. I really want the fluted CF s90v, but, price. I'm about to miss the boat on the Cutlery Shoppe s90v. S110v still an attractive option, nothing wrong with s30v, or s35vm, and the one you have described here sounds nice as well. Need me a native.

Id recommend grabbing an S90V Native LW from Cutlery Shoppe while you can. Id also recommend grabbing the all black S35VN Native LW while they are still available. Both are great looking knives that wont be around much longer in steels other than the standard S30V.
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

harronek wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:28 am
I love the color of my Tan Delica Kahr , the only thing that stops me using it more is the Sabre grind which Im not a fan of.

Ken
Agreed, also like the color. I have a waved blade swapped into those scales.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:18 am

I didnt realize they had done the new Native LW in a special edition like this as well. Looks good, but Id love a sprint or exclusive with a DLC coated tool steel, plain edge, and no writiing on the blade.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

JD Spydo wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:06 am
I like the desert tan color FRN myself. However my favorites are the nuclear reactor colors like the FRN scales in the Nuclear colors i.e. Green, Yellow and the gorgeous ORANGE that they just did the SPYDERHAWK Sprint with. The nuclear colors are so easy to find if you misplace them and oddly enough they tend to be more sheeple friendly. I can't wait for another CATCHERMAN Sprint Run and hopefully in full SE this time around with some type of "GLOW IN THE DARK" FRN handle.

The nuclear colors are nice too. I have dfly2, s90v native, and spyderhawk in the orange. Looks great, especially the S90V Native with the DLC. That one looks AWESOME.

I really like some Nuclear Green ones as well. Nuclear Green LC200N Native LW Salt and Manix LW Salt with DLC blades and hardware would be great. As long as there is no "USN" marking on the blade. I don't like blade markings aside from Sal and Eric's signature, the Spydie logo, and steel logos like H1 and LC200N.

Id love to see a neon/flourescent day glow yellow GITD FRN scales on these as well. Similar to the Day Glow scales on the Victorinox Rescue Swiss Army Knife. It has sort of a semi translucent quality to it, but doesnt doesnt have that glass slick lego brick look of the blue Manix LW. It looks awesome and glows very bright in the dark. Those would look great paired with DLC as well.

The other color I really love is the burgundy FRN from the never summer Native. It looks great against the DLC blade and hardware. I would love to see a new Native LW and Manix LW in that combo, but again with a PE blade and no markings on the blade.
Last edited by steelcity16 on Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:18 am

A couple years ago I didn't like the look/color of this knife at all. I'm still partial to brighter colors but, for some reason, I'm starting also like the earth tones. I think that Native looks great as well as Kahr Delica that Harronek posted. When Knife Center was selling their brown CTS-XHP Manix 2 LW I didn't care for the color. I've never been a fan of brown and the only reason I bought it was because I like XHP. I've been to the point for awhile where I need to start selling off some of my knives. That XHP M2 has been on the sell list a couple times but then I think I'll regret getting rid of it. I've carried and used it a few times recently and I think the color's beginning to grow on me. I guess I'll be holding on to that one. It's funny how our tastes change over time.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I like the ManixLW in XHP too. It is a chocolate brown. I like brown scales. I am an earth tone kind of guy. I would LOVE a Native5LW in brown/XHP.

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:47 am
I like the ManixLW in XHP too. It is a chocolate brown. I like brown scales. I am an earth tone kind of guy. I would LOVE a Native5LW in brown/XHP.

I'd like the native5 in this color/steel combo too. I'd really like them to do a re-run of the manix though.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

knivesandbooks wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:56 am
bearfacedkiller wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:47 am
I'd like the native5 in this color/steel combo too. I'd really like them to do a re-run of the manix though.

Im in a for a Native LW in this combo and a rerun of the Manix LW as well.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

A few pics of the tan OIR Native 5 :)

It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King