Desert Tan FRN

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
steelcity16

Re: Desert Tan FRN

Post by steelcity16 »

That Native LW looks really good, but I think DLC is a match made in heaven for this color FRN. Here's what I would want for Native LW and Manix LW sprints/exclusives in a perfect world (for me). :)

Desert Tan with DLC 3V
OD Green with DLC M4
Burgundy with DLC 4V
Light Gray with DLC Cruwear
Dark Gray with DLC 52100
Burnt Orange with DLC Rex45
Dark Brown with DLC CTS-XHP
Smurf Blue with DLC M390
Forest Green with DLC CTS-204P
Foliage Green with DLC Elmax
White with DLC V4E or Hap72 or some new tool steel
Nuclear Green with DLC H1 SE
Black with DLC LC200N PE

im sure ill think of a few more...lol
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
dogrunner

Post by dogrunner »

I'm also a big fan of earth tones - tan or brown is awesome, so are gray, OD, foliage green, forest green.
But I think, SC16, what you are really after is DLC in one of my (our ;)) preferred steels :)
Nothing wrong with that!
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

dogrunner wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:09 am
I'm also a big fan of earth tones - tan or brown is awesome, so are gray, OD, foliage green, forest green.
But I think, SC16, what you are really after is DLC in one of my (our ;)) preferred steels :)
Nothing wrong with that!

You got it! The Native LW is such a great knife (my favorite model in the whole spydeco lineup) and yet there are no variants in our preferred steels. I would think Cruwear and Rex45 would be no brainers. DLC on these is definitely my preference. Hopefully we see those soon.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I would be down with most of those except I dislike coated blades. I also don't want a serrated H1. Otherwise, you have certainly put together some desirable combos. :D I swapped out the desert tan for 10V. ;) We need more 10V!

Desert Tan with DLC 10V
OD Green with DLC M4
Burgundy with DLC 4V
Light Gray with Cruwear
Dark Gray with 52100
Burnt Orange with Rex45
Dark Brown with CTS-XHP
Smurf Blue with M390
Forest Green with CTS-204P
Foliage Green with Elmax
White with DLC V4E
Black with LC200N PE (I would prefer yellow)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Captain Howdy

Post by Captain Howdy »

Always a fan of native 5 lw’s. Desert tan would be a nice match with the always talked about release of cruwear In the native platform. And I’d like to see an updated knife center exclusive native 5 earth brown frn with xhp. Rex45 with burnt orange frn....... sure I’ll bite. I have 5 variations of the N5 lw so I’m in for almost anything.
7923C856-FEAF-4EE5-9829-7298CA68403E.jpeg
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

If they did a native5 lw and manix 2 lw both in xhp, I would consider those the best value knives.
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

knivesandbooks wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:34 pm
If they did a native5 lw and manix 2 lw both in xhp, I would consider those the best value knives.

Yep. I agree. The cutlery shoppe S90V Native LW is the best value right now in my opinion. Under $100 for an incredible knife with a supersteel. And an awesome orange handle. Can't beat that.
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

steelcity16 wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:42 pm
knivesandbooks wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:34 pm

Yep. I agree. The cutlery shoppe S90V Native LW is the best value right now in my opinion. Under $100 for an incredible knife with a supersteel. And an awesome orange handle. Can't beat that.
It is a great value. I need to pick one up, seriously. Not a fan of sharpening s90 though tbh.
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Captain Howdy wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:26 pm
Always a fan of native 5 lw’s. Desert tan would be a nice match with the always talked about release of cruwear In the native platform. And I’d like to see an updated knife center exclusive native 5 earth brown frn with xhp. Rex45 with burnt orange frn....... sure I’ll bite. I have 5 variations of the N5 lw so I’m in for almost anything.
7923C856-FEAF-4EE5-9829-7298CA68403E.jpeg

Nice collection! I have 5 as well. Only difference is I have the S35VN DLC and not that maroon one on the end, and my CS S90V is the DLC version. Can't wait for the Native Salts to drop so I can add two more to my collection.
Captain Howdy

Post by Captain Howdy »

The maroon one is from the 2015 forum knife that had an S90v blade. I swapped it out with the BHQ m4 steel as I’m not a big fan of g10 on my natives. Waiting for the native salt as well