Spyderco found at Walmart in plastic shell

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
snapshot2017

Spyderco found at Walmart in plastic shell

Post by snapshot2017 »

I noticed a Spyderco knife at Walmart in a plastic shell.
Attachments
Knives at Walmart 08202018.jpg - Copy.JPG
Knives at Walmart 08202018.jpg - Copy.JPG (15.37 KiB) Viewed 3868 times
Sharp Guy

Re: Spyderco found at Walmart in plastic shell

Post by Sharp Guy »

The Tenacious has been available at WM for awhile now.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Yep, it's called a "clam pack" and is an alternate packaging offered by Spyderco for items some big box stores and military PX's want to sell from "self service" displays.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

Wish walmart would open stores in europe. I would buy it just because i would have found it and then be shocked all day about it that i found a spyderco in an actual store... :O
snapshot2017

Post by snapshot2017 »

apollo you would have loved shopping for a Sspyderco knife, at the local sporting good store i used to work at we had a full wall show case of many Spyderco knives some up to $300 US.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

apollo wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:49 pm
Wish walmart would open stores in europe. I would buy it just because i would have found it and then be shocked all day about it that i found a spyderco in an actual store... :O
That's an interesting point you make "apollo" because you're mention something I don't hear talked about very much. Because even here in the middle of the USA I don't see very many Spyders in stores of any kind. I got probably my first dozen Spyders at a Kansas City, Missouri USA Earth GUN Show that we have here almost on a monthly basis and we get great turnouts at those GUN Shows too>> there are usually two dealers at those KC Gun Shows that have Spyders but no stores to speak of :confused: . But I've only seen maybe about a dozen Spyders total even at the big Sports superstores we have here in KC ( usually only Delica, Endura or NAtive models). We have a Cabelas and a BASS PRO both and they are huge stores but their knife selections are confined to average stuff like Buck, Case, Ka-Bar and to some degree they seem to sell a lot of CRKT here in KC which I find kind of strange.

I thought there were some Wal-Mart stores in certain places in Europe. It hasn't been that long ago that I heard someone on one of these forums that they did have a Wal-mart over in England somewhere.

All in all I think I've got 98% of all my Spyders either here on the internet ( Bladeforums ect), Gun Shows and New Graham which has been my personal favorite dealer for years>> but mostly through people I've traded with for years. Also One Stop Knife Shop too ( owners of Bladeforums)>> great people. But I never see them at hardware or discount stores at all. And to this day I still talk to several people in this area that are hunters, fishermen and all types of workers who use knives but most all of them I talk to have never yet even heard of Spyderco. I'm dead serious too :(
rgrad80

Post by rgrad80 »

I was able to but 3 Tenacious Spydeys at Walmart for $38 a piece! Not sure what the deal was, but they had been marked down from $48 and do I just bought them all. The ones I bought at Walmart came in the same plastic package the OP posted. If they would have had 20 at that price I would have bought them all and had Christmas presents for people for years:)
Days without buying a Spyderco: 35

You always have a choice.
markg

Post by markg »

rgrad80 wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:47 pm
I was able to but 3 Tenacious Spydeys at Walmart for $38 a piece! Not sure what the deal was, but they had been marked down from $48 and do I just bought them all. The ones I bought at Walmart came in the same plastic package the OP posted. If they would have had 20 at that price I would have bought them all and had Christmas presents for people for years:)
Walmart will have these mysterious sales where they close out items. I once got a Leatherman Wave and Supertool for like $40 each. I also got a Wingman for $15. The price was so low they did not believe me at the front checkout and had to call the sporting goods manager up front to confirm it. They did not have Leathermans for about a year.

Now they have them again.

They do that with ammo too.
rgrad80

Post by rgrad80 »

I guess it’s a good idea to just do a monthly stop in and check up on stuff you would get anyway? Especially if they have deals on ammo and good outdoor stuff:)
Days without buying a Spyderco: 35

You always have a choice.
apollo

Post by apollo »

JD Spydo wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:54 pm
That's an interesting point you make "apollo" because you're mention something I don't hear talked about very much. Because even here in the middle of the USA I don't see very many Spyders in stores of any kind. I got probably my first dozen Spyders at a Kansas City, Missouri USA Earth GUN Show that we have here almost on a monthly basis and we get great turnouts at those GUN Shows too>> there are usually two dealers at those KC Gun Shows that have Spyders but no stores to speak of :confused: . But I've only seen maybe about a dozen Spyders total even at the big Sports superstores we have here in KC ( usually only Delica, Endura or NAtive models). We have a Cabelas and a BASS PRO both and they are huge stores but their knife selections are confined to average stuff like Buck, Case, Ka-Bar and to some degree they seem to sell a lot of CRKT here in KC which I find kind of strange.

I thought there were some Wal-Mart stores in certain places in Europe. It hasn't been that long ago that I heard someone on one of these forums that they did have a Wal-mart over in England somewhere.

All in all I think I've got 98% of all my Spyders either here on the internet ( Bladeforums ect), Gun Shows and New Graham which has been my personal favorite dealer for years>> but mostly through people I've traded with for years. Also One Stop Knife Shop too ( owners of Bladeforums)>> great people. But I never see them at hardware or discount stores at all. And to this day I still talk to several people in this area that are hunters, fishermen and all types of workers who use knives but most all of them I talk to have never yet even heard of Spyderco. I'm dead serious too :(
Hi JD. It is indeed strange how few shops really have spyderco's in there stock.
I am glad for you that you still have those shows you can go to.
Here in Belgium there is only 1 knifeshow its always in a weekend around 11 november.
It is a nice little show in gembloux. But to american standards i fear it is small.

If you are lucky you could find some spyders there but it is mostly for customs. (Brouwer and Deviant blades are also there)
I was lucky enough 2 years ago to see mr edd shempp. :D i was stunned to see such an icon of the knifeworld in real life. ( i also have met Sal and Eric at the amsterdam meet i was smiling for an hole week after that but that is in the netherlands so i can not count it.)
At the table of edd i found a few spyderco's and gave in at the one knife i tought i never could buy the TUFF. For 250 euro it was a steal , edd's prices are really like they should be just like in the states because the Tuff in europe is easely 350/400 euro range. I went home so happy that day. I wish my gf bought that pink native from him also but it was gone when we came back to his table. :o

I also found a shop at the coast here in Belgium that haves a few spyders but its a 3 houre drive so it is not close. But they have few and are very expensive. I did buy my native,fluted ti there because he made an error and sold it to me for the price of the native lightweight :o :D
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

I was stunned when I went into a giant new Gander Mountain store where I live and saw only a handful of bubble pack off-brand knives. Likewise with Academy and an even "gianter" Dicks Sporting Goods (big as an airplane hanger). I guess I'm lucky to have a store 60 miles away with a huge assortment of Spydies, Marks Outdoors in Vestavia (Birmingham AL). When I go there they let me fondle a dozen or more new ones I haven't seen in person yet :)
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

I just bought 2 leatherman rev for 15 ea.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

You’ll need a knife to open it.
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

JD Spydo wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:54 pm
apollo wrote:

I live in the northland suburbs of KC and we have the Tenacious at our walmart for $38
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

My first Spyderco was the old Walmart Native. I got paranoid that it was a fake because it didn't have a bug on the blade so I returned it and paid twice as much for the same thing at Dick's.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

apollo wrote:
There is no Walmart in Europe? Even China has a Walmart.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Doc Dan wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:21 am
apollo wrote:

Walmart owns one of the biggest UK supermarket chains, but it’s not branded Walmart. Bugger-all chance of stocking folders, there!
apollo

Post by apollo »

ChrisinHove wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:17 am
Doc Dan wrote:
apollo wrote:

Walmart owns one of the biggest UK supermarket chains, but it’s not branded Walmart. Bugger-all chance of stocking folders, there!
Walmart does not exist in europe as for as my research and knowledge go. They could indeed be owners of some other stores but that doesnt make them walmarts ofcourse. **** the only american thing you can find here alot is a mc donalds :rolleyes: .
Wish i would win the lotary i would ask Sal and Eric if i could open a spyderco store and be the importer of spyderco's in europe so the prices could go down for ones. :p
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

Aren't one handed opening lock back knives prohibited to be carried in the EU?
That would pretty well eliminate the Spyderco market except for their few slipjoint offerings.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

ChrisinHove wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:17 am
Doc Dan wrote:
apollo wrote:

That is odd. How can China have a Walmart and Europe none? I know there was a serious trade imbalance and huge tariffs on US companies, but still, you would think Walmart would be there. TESCO would prove no match for Walmart. I have shopped both.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050