Steak knife

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mattysc42

Re: Steak knife

Post by Mattysc42 »

I keep an SE Pacific Salt I bought specifically for food on hand when I go to restaurants. I usually don't need to use it, but sometimes it's necessary. For non-food cutting tasks I EDC an SE Atlantic salt and PE Caribbean leaf. Love them salt knives! If they get dirty I can just throw them in the dishwasher. :D
BRING ON THE MANIX XL SPRINTS AND EXCLUSIVES! And 10v or K390ify the Golden lineup, please.

Top 5 folders I’ve owned: Serrated Caribbean Leaf, Shaman, Manix XL, ZDP-189/CF Caly 3.5, Native LW.
Top 5 steels I’ve owned: LC200N, K390, CPM S90V, M390, CPM REX45.
Top 3 steels I want more of: M390 class, A11 class (including K390), CPM REX45.
Crux

Post by Crux »

MichaelScott wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:38 pm
redhawk44357 wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:54 pm
Boy this brings back memories. Back in my navy days (early 70s) meals on board ship were an adventure in culinary experience. The mystery meat they served was indeed tough and the knives supplied couldn't cut butter. Out came my Buck 311 to the dismay of others around me. Didn't make it taste any better at least I could eat it.
In the 60s when I worked on a couple of Polaris boat squadrons I had frequent occasions to eat on board. The steaks and lobster tails were excellent.
I served on the Patrick Henry and I ate better steaks there than I had ever prior. I think my folks were serving broiled brisket. The boat served us filet mignon, which I had no idea what the heck they were but I ate as many as I possibly could. I think 9 at one sitting was my record. :)
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:
redhawk44357

Post by redhawk44357 »

I was on a carrier, when you serve 4000 men quality goes out the window.
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

Mattysc42 wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:50 pm
I keep an SE Pacific Salt I bought specifically for food on hand when I go to restaurants. I usually don't need to use it, but sometimes it's necessary. For non-food cutting tasks I EDC an SE Atlantic salt and PE Caribbean leaf. Love them salt knives! If they get dirty I can just throw them in the dishwasher. :D

welcome to the forums!!! :)
and no, you're not the only one who does that to his Salts :p
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

Crux wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:06 pm
MichaelScott wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:38 pm
redhawk44357 wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:54 pm
Boy this brings back memories. Back in my navy days (early 70s) meals on board ship were an adventure in culinary experience. The mystery meat they served was indeed tough and the knives supplied couldn't cut butter. Out came my Buck 311 to the dismay of others around me. Didn't make it taste any better at least I could eat it.
In the 60s when I worked on a couple of Polaris boat squadrons I had frequent occasions to eat on board. The steaks and lobster tails were excellent.
I served on the Patrick Henry and I ate better steaks there than I had ever prior. I think my folks were serving broiled brisket. The boat served us filet mignon, which I had no idea what the heck they were but I ate as many as I possibly could. I think 9 at one sitting was my record. :)
We were working on a big problem in the MCC in the Henry Clay I think. We’d been at it for hours and squeezed into a wiring cabinet we heard a voice ask if we were hungry. **** right we said over our shoulders. A few minutes later we were told to come out and there was a mess cook with a pan of filets and lobster tails. Turns out the Captain was the one asking that question.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation