Who carries their Spyderco in a pocket organizer?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
cptdean

Who carries their Spyderco in a pocket organizer?

Post by cptdean »

I’m on the hunt for an all-in-one front pocket EDC wallet, along the lines of Hitch & Timber, and others. Maybe to carry my Chaparral, cards, pen, etc.. Do any of you have a slick solution you could share? Any feedback is appreciated.
Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes by itself.

Dragonfly 2
, Para Military 2, Native 5 Lightweight, Chaparral Lightweight, Para 3
allhatnocattle

Re: Who carries their Spyderco in a pocket organizer?

Post by allhatnocattle »

You might have a look at these. I don’t have one personally but I hear good things about their products.

https://www.maxpedition.com/collections ... 7868845201
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Check out the Allegory EDC Front Pocket Pouch. Seems like a good concept.

However, I'm a minimalist when it comes to what is in my pockets and any sort of organizer just adds bulk. I have a Maxpedition organizer that I used to transfer my kit from backpack to backpack, but switched to a simple zipper lock freezer bag because it does the same thing but better IMO.
FK

Post by FK »

I carry my Spyderco knives in a nylon belt pouch, with Velcro flap.
In colder weather, a Delica is clipped to shirt pocket for easy access when sitting.

Pocket clips tear up vehicle car paint, interiors,,,, furniture in the house,,, etc.

I have sold off all of my other folding knife brands and remain a loyal Spyderco customer since the mid 1990's,,, continue to dislike the pocket clips and remove them from many of my knives.

Regards,'
FK
Member since Feb. `7, 100`
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

On paper it sounds like a great idea. I do not know how it would be in reality. There are some nice leather pocket sheath organizers out there. Just pick the one you like. Today, I had a Dragonfly, ASP 16" baton, pocket change, and a smartphone all in my right pocket. I am not sure there is room for an organizer.

However, this might help: https://www.google.com/search?q=pocket+ ... 53&bih=572
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
cptdean

Post by cptdean »

Doc Dan wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:57 am
On paper it sounds like a great idea. I do not know how it would be in reality. There are some nice leather pocket sheath organizers out there. Just pick the one you like. Today, I had a Dragonfly, ASP 16" baton, pocket change, and a smartphone all in my right pocket. I am not sure there is room for an organizer.

However, this might help: https://www.google.com/search?q=pocket+ ... 53&bih=572

Yep, that’s basically the search I started with. Just wondered if anyone here is bothering with one.

Dragonfly 2
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I've used them for jobs and honestly they annoy me to no end because I hate having things hanging off my hip. I've been thinking about giving them another try for work because I carry a lot of crap and my pockets are full but I think my knife would still be in my front pocket even if I did use one.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Now one thing I'm doing more and more is to carry everything I need for a day's work is that I'm now using my Victorinox fanny packs more than I ever did. And it just makes perfect sense to have all of your hardware in one easy access carrying case that doesn't weigh much and is very convenient to carry every day. Now there are a lot of really good fanny packs on the market and I just seem some new ones that really looked cool in the latest edition of "OFF GRID" magazine. And you can carry so much more than you can carry in pockets.

To be honest I've never even looked into pocket organizers. Who makes good ones? Who sells them other than Rip-Mart? I will take a look at the pocket organizers but those fanny packs made by Victorinox are rugged, well constructed and very well organized.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

allhatnocattle wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:22 am
You might have a look at these. I don’t have one personally but I hear good things about their products.

https://www.maxpedition.com/collections ... 7868845201

I use that one for work. It has a D-fly salt in it (among many other things).

I like that I can dump and reload my pockets for work/not-work very simply using it.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

I made this for my Buck 110’s. Back or front pocket. Fits a pen too, though I’d keep it in front with a pen. It’s okay for a clipless knife. Keeps it upright. I made one for my 112 too. It’s only for the knife. Not the quickest method for using, but I love Buck’s lock backs.

- best wishes, Jazz.
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Jazz wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:00 pm
I made this for my Buck 110’s. Back or front pocket. Fits a pen too, though I’d keep it in front with a pen. It’s okay for a clipless knife. Keeps it upright. I made one for my 112 too. It’s only for the knife. Not the quickest method for using, but I love Buck’s lock backs.

This was what I was thinking of when I did the search. That looks great and is a perfect solution for carrying a Buck, especially the new Smoke Jumper CPM154. These sheaths are handy. However, my pockets are already overloaded most of the time.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
spyderg

Post by spyderg »

I carry my Spydie left front pocket, (I’m a lefty) either by itself or sometimes my keys are there too. But I often carry my custom backpocket organizer from MacGregor Customs when I need more. I sent him a rough drawing of what I wanted and photos of the images. This was my second of three orders with him, a slim wallet, this, and a larger wallet for my wife. All with amazing artwork and all at reasonable prices!
492856AC-4B1E-4353-98C9-E9D7E7E85E01.jpeg
The attachment 492856AC-4B1E-4353-98C9-E9D7E7E85E01.jpeg is no longer available
If you're wielding the sharpest tool in the shed, who's going to say that you aren't...?
spyderg

Post by spyderg »

Apparently I can’t post two images at a time anymore?
5E626950-905B-4DE3-B376-2F713C9A1D06.jpeg
If you're wielding the sharpest tool in the shed, who's going to say that you aren't...?
8-fingers

Post by 8-fingers »

For everyday carry, for either the front or back pockets, I use this carrier below from Kevin Lane (Etsy - EDCLANE) which is a solid choice for around $20. It is shown with a Maxamet PM3 and an AA flashlight in the main slots. For bigger (read back pockets only, no sitting) I use the Maxpedition Micro Pocket Organizer addressed in the responses above, it easily carries a PM2, AA flashlight, 3x5 notebook, Space pen, an Anker Powercore phone recharger and a host of other goodies, much larger than the Lane carrier but really not "pocketable" except for walking around.

The carrier from Kevin Lane also has several zippered pockets on the top and back side for additional carriage of credit cards, cash, etc and is available in two sizes and can be customized to your liking. The one shown below is the smaller version Kevin has and I eliminated a zipper pocket on the side that has the two pockets shown. It was just cumbersome for me trying to unzipper that pocket with the knife and flashlight in place.

Etsy Link
https://www.etsy.com/listing/484151279/ ... ome_feat_1

ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

Jazz wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:00 pm

I also have a handmade one I use for the Buck 110, and pens (and SAKs and Multitools depending on what I'm carrying) :cool:

:)

cptdean

Post by cptdean »

I only use my front pockets, and I don't carry a lot. My keys and card wallet go in my left, and my phone and knife (clipped) go in the right.

I do like the idea of carrying a pen, notebook, and light, and this product looks like it'd fit the bill. I'd have to carry a smaller knife in it, like maybe my Chap FRN (if it'll fit), so I'd probably still end up clipping my PM2 or Para 3 to my right pocket a lot of the time. Maybe I just want to skip all the extra stuff and stay minimal.

Thanks for all the responses so far.

Dragonfly 2
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

Last time I used one, it was the Bill's custom case urban wallet. Didn't have use for the zipper pocket, and Bill didn't want to do one without it, so I ended up giving it away
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

cptdean wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:06 pm
I’m on the hunt for an all-in-one front pocket EDC wallet, along the lines of Hitch & Timber, and others. Maybe to carry my Chaparral, cards, pen, etc.. Do any of you have a slick solution you could share? Any feedback is appreciated.
I just saw these on GPKnives https://www.gpknives.com/brands/hitch-and-timber.html

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Crux

Post by Crux »

I wouldn't exactly call it a pocket organizer, but I do organize my knives in my pockets. At least 4 for carry, but no more than 9, as it's bad luck.
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:
RLR

Post by RLR »

1398BE4D-724E-4F35-81D8-C6D364E2576C.jpeg
Google Popov Leather in Canada. Sells “pocket armor” in two sizes. Here’s a small with something you can probably identify.