Para 3 with CTS 204P River's Edge - New Shipment

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
BigGrove

Re: Para 3 with CTS 204P River's Edge - New Shipment

Post by BigGrove »

JackofAllBlades

Post by JackofAllBlades »

On the webpage they said they will contact customers individually, is there a list or something? :confused:
CXXX

Post by CXXX »

Which customers will be contacted individually?? I haven't purchased from them before, so is this turning into a private sale? I have spent hours trying to monitor their web site, and they have no email notification.

Rivers Edge Exclusive Para 3 ~ C223GPODFDE
SKU: C223GPODFDE Weight: 1.0

OUT OF STOCK

Product Details
We apologize for the technical difficulties, we have experienced an outage that did not allow us to sell ANY of the Para 3 Exclusive. We will make the product available at a later date and will contact customers individually about the drop date. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
RiversEdge

Post by RiversEdge »

To All,
I'll start out by apologizing for the website crash. We did what we thought was everything needed to prepare for this drop. We contacted the website host a couple of weeks ago and they said it wouldn't be a problem to handle the traffic. Even though the website is now up, we are working with them to make sure this won't happen again. We truly appreciate everyone's understanding and we will get a new date and timeout to everyone to release these. I also want to apologize if you tried calling us and we were not able to get to the phone. If there are any questions, suggestions, or concerns, please let us know. our number is 614-777-8833. Thanks again for your interest and understanding. -Mike
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

^ I was wondering about how they're gonna work this too.

Honestly, since they don't really have a pre-order system I think they'd be better off just releasing these when they're ready to sell and let the chips fall where they may.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
RiversEdge

Post by RiversEdge »

We will release the new date on our Instagram, Facebook, our website, and if you are on the email notification list we have, you will get a new email. We have changed our website to reflect this. I do apologize for any confusion. It's been hectic around here today.
We are very grateful for the response we've had and appreciate it very much!!
RiversEdge

Post by RiversEdge »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:33 pm
^ I was wondering about how they're gonna work this too.

Honestly, since they don't really have a pre-order system I think they'd be better off just releasing these when they're ready to sell and let the chips fall where they may.
That would have been the way to go. Duly noted. While trying our best to be fair with this, we created a mess that we're working hard to clean up. Thanks!!
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

They need to just randomly drop them. They would sell out before the bulk traffic even knew what happened.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
GH9000

Post by GH9000 »

I hope they do a lotto. I know Id prefer to take my chances with that.
Raymond3

Post by Raymond3 »

I have bought from them in the past. They were excellent in notifying folks on their pre-release wait list. They tried something new, which they thought would work since their internet service provider assured them there would not be a problem with high traffic. Oh well, they are young, small and growing. They'll learn. Their hearts were in the right place. For sure, I'll order from them in the future.
Spyder_Flick

Post by Spyder_Flick »

2018-08-14-00-21-59.jpg
They will let everyone know of the next drop on Facebook, their page, here and Instagram.
My :spyder: : Native 5 LW
BigGrove

Post by BigGrove »

REC announced Plan B. Ugh, this is my least desired outcome having to check randomly over the next three days.
OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT:

First off, We apologize for the website crash yesterday, it was beyond our control.

We appreiciate your continued patience!!

It turns out our website just couldn't handle the traffic when we tried to do the “drop” of the last remaining River's Edge Exclusive Para 3's. Our Website host was less than helpful, So we had to come up with a way that there wouldn't be a “ton” of traffic at one given time. So this is what we have come up with:

Starting Today (8/14/18) there will be small batches available on the site at random times. Just periodically check the site when your feeling lucky. There will be 5 batches total. Over the next 3 days (Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday) they will all be sold. All orders will ship out by Friday the 17th at the latest.

This will help regulate traffic and give people multiple chances to snag one. The beauty of this method is if you miss out on one batch, you will have more chances. They will just pop up at random times throughout the day and when they are all gone, we will post that info right here.

We always strive to make everyone happy, and I know everyone won't agree with the way we have chosen to do this, but after a whole lot of group thinking, we have come to the conclusion that this will be the most fair and organized way.

Please remember, there is a STRICT limit of one per person. Thank you for understanding.

No PayPal or phone orders for this knife, otherwise never an issue.

Good luck to all, and thank you for making our first exclusive a huge success.
camvdcs

Post by camvdcs »

Question is will they let us know they are done for the day so we don’t waste anymore time refreshing our browser page?
attila

Post by attila »

camvdcs wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:06 am
Question is will they let us know they are done for the day so we don’t waste anymore time refreshing our browser page?
Prompted by your great question, I called and just spoke with Brian at REC. He says that's a great idea and that he'll post on the product page when they're done for the day.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
biZ

Post by biZ »

In stock
biZ

Post by biZ »

biZ wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:46 am
In stock
And, out-of-stock. Looked like about 30 seconds in-stock.
CXXX

Post by CXXX »

Site Down Again....this is the hardest I have ever worked to try and spend money on a knife. I trust they will have a new host provider soon.
rgrad80

Post by rgrad80 »

What a ****** company. I'm done wasting time on their awful website. Will not purchase from them ever. complete failure. I have an adult job, so I don't have time to refresh every 5 minutes...and than have the site crash again:) Good luck to the diehards.
Days without buying a Spyderco: 35

You always have a choice.
Cujobob

Post by Cujobob »

Snagged one! My first Para 3, wanted a unique one and this is definitely that. I regret not jumping on the CF/52100 version when it was on Ebay with the 15% code, that was a steal but I already have two other knives in that setup. Hopefully this scratches my Para 3 itch