I definitely DON'T need another Millie, but...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
rgrad80

Re: I definitely DON'T need another Millie, but...

Post by rgrad80 »

I’ve read hours of comments on the mili over the last few months on this forum, and I’ve watched a dozen or so videos on it too. I didn’t want to buy a Military , because I didn’t want to head down that rabbit hole. I’m 100% in love with h the PM2. I own 6 of them now... two months ago I owned 0 PM2s. The problem with Spyderco knives is that you can read the reviews, watch the videos and still be okay without one...but when you have your first one in hand...you know you will own several more. I have several other very nice knives from top notch knive makes...but for some reason...Spyderco has become my favorite by a mile.

Soo, I broke down today and bought the KW CTS 204. I mean, how could I not? Green G-10, awesome steel I don’t really know how to fully appreciate, and a new Spydy line to start collecting!!! Best case scenario is I love it and don’t need another Millie....worst case It’s somehow cooler than the PM2 and I’m financially committed to another 5-10 amazing knives!!

How did I do for my first Millie? Did I miss one I should have considered instead?
Days without buying a Spyderco: 35

You always have a choice.
steelcity16

Re: I definitely DON'T need another Millie, but...

Post by steelcity16 »

rgrad80 wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:22 pm
I’ve read hours of comments on the mili over the last few months on this forum, and I’ve watched a dozen or so videos on it too. I didn’t want to buy a Military , because I didn’t want to head down that rabbit hole. I’m 100% in love with h the PM2. I own 6 of them now... two months ago I owned 0 PM2s. The problem with Spyderco knives is that you can read the reviews, watch the videos and still be okay without one...but when you have your first one in hand...you know you will own several more. I have several other very nice knives from top notch knive makes...but for some reason...Spyderco has become my favorite by a mile.

Soo, I broke down today and bought the KW CTS 204. I mean, how could I not? Green G-10, awesome steel I don’t really know how to fully appreciate, and a new Spydy line to start collecting!!! Best case scenario is I love it and don’t need another Millie....worst case It’s somehow cooler than the PM2 and I’m financially committed to another 5-10 amazing knives!!

How did I do for my first Millie? Did I miss one I should have considered instead?

That's a good one if you like stainless. It sounds like CTS-204P is now hard or impossible for Spyderco to obtain, so that may be your last chance to grab any blade in that steel. Plus its an exclusive. Plus its a great green color. Id say you made a good choice. I may end up grabbing one myself at some point. Im waiting on the Rex45 for my next Millie though.

The PM2 was my second Spydie after the Dragonfly. I have probably owned over 100 different Spydies since then. I don't really have any dealers I know of in my area, so I buy, play around with, and sell the ones that don't speak to me. I do sell most as I am trying to keep my collection at a reasonable number. For what it's worth, I have sold all of my PM2's and now am way long on Native and Native LWs, Para 3s, Millies, Manixes, and Salts. The PM2 for me was too big for EDC, yet not big enough for when I wanted something bigger than a Native or Para 3. I reach for a Millie or Manix in those cases. So I would say try all of the Golden models, you may be surprised to learn that the PM2 isn't the only knife in town! Not to say it isn't a great knife or that I wouldn't buy one in some unique steel/g10 combo that I couldn't get in another model. I can just have my steel needs itched in other models right now.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red