ST. Nicks Exclusive Delica

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
allhatnocattle

ST. Nicks Exclusive Delica

Post by allhatnocattle »

Not sure if this has made the rounds yet but black and red looks pretty sweet.

https://www.stnicksknives.com/products/ ... c11gprdbke
Sjucaveman

Re: ST. Nicks Exclusive Delica

Post by Sjucaveman »

Yep, certainly not flying off the shelves at that price point.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Yep, I have two and love them. I hate that its not selling well due to the price. They took a leap and created an amazing piece with all the bells and whistles and it's really not getting the respect it deserves. It sucks because the slow sales may discourage them from bringing other unique exclusives to the market that other retailers would never do. I feel like a lot of dealers play it safe with exclusives to guarantee sales, which is understandable, but its nice when someone creates something special like this Delica. If a G10 Delica this good looking with Hap40 isnt selling well due to the price, Im going to assume this is the last G10 Delica we ever see, and maybe the last G10 model in the Endura family. That alone should be reason for people to snap these up while they can. Five years from now I can see this being a piece that sells for a ton on the secondary market and everyone is going to kick themselves for not grabbing one at retail.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

steelcity16 wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:59 am
Yep, I have two and love them. I hate that its not selling well due to the price. They took a leap and created an amazing piece with all the bells and whistles and it's really not getting the respect it deserves. It sucks because the slow sales may discourage them from bringing other unique exclusives to the market that other retailers would never do. I feel like a lot of dealers play it safe with exclusives to guarantee sales, which is understandable, but its nice when someone creates something special like this Delica. If a G10 Delica this good looking with Hap40 isnt selling well due to the price, Im going to assume this is the last G10 Delica we ever see, and maybe the last G10 model in the Endura family. That alone should be reason for people to snap these up while they can. Five years from now I can see this being a piece that sells for a ton on the secondary market and everyone is going to kick themselves for not grabbing one at retail.
I've been conversing back and forth quite a bit via email with one of the guys from St. Nick's. I'm sure they're a little disappointed at how this exclusive's turned out. The price came in higher than expected and it's obviously hurt sales. There was also no hype built up for this one and that didn't help things either. I've made sure to mention the importance of that to the guy for their next exclusive (I'm sure I wasn't telling him anything he didn't already know). One thing this exclusive has done for them though, it got their name out there. Which I have to believe was one of their primary goals. I had never heard of St. Nick's until a week ago. This guy has already shown me that they provide excellent service and they'll be one of my go to dealers going forward. I'm looking forward to hearing what their next exclusive will be. It should be coming soon.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

I'd be buying one if I had spare monies. Alas
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
BigGrove

Post by BigGrove »

allhatnocattle wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:43 am
Not sure if this has made the rounds yet but black and red looks pretty sweet.

https://www.stnicksknives.com/products/ ... c11gprdbke
Great exclusive. Check out this thread - http://www.spyderco.com/forumII/viewtop ... =2&t=80574
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:30 pm

I've been conversing back and forth quite a bit via email with one of the guys from St. Nick's. I'm sure they're a little disappointed at how this exclusive's turned out. The price came in higher than expected and it's obviously hurt sales. There was also no hype built up for this one and that didn't help things either. I've made sure to mention the importance of that to the guy for their next exclusive (I'm sure I wasn't telling him anything he didn't already know). One thing this exclusive has done for them though, it got their name out there. Which I have to believe was one of their primary goals. I had never heard of St. Nick's until a week ago. This guy has already shown me that they provide excellent service and they'll be one of my go to dealers going forward. I'm looking forward to hearing what their next exclusive will be. It should be coming soon.

I had a similar experience. I had never heard of them before this release, but this one blew me away. Their service was exceptional and I have had some conversations with them as well. I have a feeling that I will be buying any more exclusives they come up with. They seem to have similar tastes in models/colors/steels.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

From my perspective I'm glad they're moving slow, it means I may actually get my hands on one in a few months when I can afford it. From their perspective, I'm sure they wish it was moving faster.

From an advertising point of view though, this exclusive put them on the map. They are now on my list of places to shop for knives, I'd never heard of them before this. That's got to be worth something to them in the long run.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:49 pm
From my perspective I'm glad they're moving slow, it means I may actually get my hands on one in a few months when I can afford it. From their perspective, I'm sure they wish it was moving faster.

From an advertising point of view though, this exclusive put them on the map. They are now on my list of places to shop for knives, I'd never heard of them before this. That's got to be worth something to them in the long run.

Yep, places like this, Cutlery Shoppe, and River's Edge I probably never would have heard of had it not been for their exclusives. A good exclusive definitely gets your name out there. My Cutlery Shoppe exclusive DLC Native LW is probably my most carried knife.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

steelcity16 wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:56 pm
...My Cutlery Shoppe exclusive DLC Native LW is probably my most carried knife.
The Black and Orange S90V one? I'll bet. That was a good deal. If I didn't already have the Fluted CF in S90V I'd have picked up one of the cutlery shoppe natives. Great steel.

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

I’d love to have one, it’s just that price. I guess I’m used to picking up an FRN VG-10 Delica second hand for $40 or $50 bucks. $190 is kind of hard to swallow.
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

It may be a slow seller but with such a limited quantity it will probably be quite collectible in the future.
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

Something interesting I’ve notice is that youtuber keithkevinken hasn’t reviewed his. He tends to show all of the new releases pretty quickly on his channel.
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

I'll get one eventually, if they have a sale. I really think it looks great, just can't pay the current price.

Soon...
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

WireEdge Roger wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:26 pm
Something interesting I’ve notice is that youtuber keithkevinken hasn’t reviewed his. He tends to show all of the new releases pretty quickly on his channel.
He commented that he'll make a vid this week.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

WireEdge Roger wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:26 pm
He doesn't get all the exclusives, just most of them. He talked about it a little in one vid. Can't remember which one. Heck, he might not even know about this one. That dude needs to get on this forum.

ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:55 pm
Heck, he might not even know about this one. That dude needs to get on this forum.
Like I said, he responded to a question in comments section of another vid that he'll make a vid of the St. Nick's Delica this week.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

ABX2011 wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:07 pm
ZrowsN1s wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:55 pm
Heck, he might not even know about this one. That dude needs to get on this forum.
Like I said, he responded to a question in comments section of another vid that he'll make a vid of the St. Nick's Delica this week.
Missed your other post. Sweet, I like his reviews. I look for that one when it pops up.

steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Looks like the quantity went down from 215 earlier today to 200 now. Momentum is picking up it seems. At that rate you guys have about two weeks to get your order in! :eek: