CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
User avatar
Sharp Guy
Member
Posts: 5550
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:19 pm
Location: Over here!

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby Sharp Guy » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:20 pm

husq2100 wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:09 pm
Im thinking my pre order on 2nd July too late ....I ordered as soon as I found out. Very frustrating as being on the other side of the planet makes it hard enough. Thought I had my bases covered with the pre order AND multiple subscriptions/notifications to various stores but NOT one came through!
I wouldn't give up hope too soon. We have no way of knowing for sure but I don't think these are done being released. It seems like the dealers that did get them in stock sold out of them much faster than normal. Which means that this sprint run was hugely popular or the dealers only received a small initial shipment and there's more to come. It's probably a combination of both. Time will tell I guess.

I know it's hard to do (with your being in Australia) but keep vigilant for more of these to become available. Also, you never know, your pre-order may get filled yet. There were people who pre-ordered the Caly 3 sprint a few days into it and didn't think they'd get one, then they were surprised when their order was ultimately filled.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!

User avatar
Slumblor
Member
Posts: 618
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:41 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby Slumblor » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:46 pm

Had knifecenter shipped anyone's preorders yet? In this or the Delica?

RickC27

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby RickC27 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:20 pm

Wondering if the hype/demand for this in the Para 3 will be just as crazy!

User avatar
Sharp Guy
Member
Posts: 5550
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:19 pm
Location: Over here!

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby Sharp Guy » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:46 pm

Slumblor wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:46 pm
Had knifecenter shipped anyone's preorders yet? In this or the Delica?
My PM2 REX has shipped from KC. I should have it Monday.

Ordered 5/30 around 10:00 pm CT
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!

User avatar
Slumblor
Member
Posts: 618
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:41 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby Slumblor » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:33 pm

Sharp Guy wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:46 pm
Slumblor wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:46 pm
Had knifecenter shipped anyone's preorders yet? In this or the Delica?
My PM2 REX has shipped from KC. I should have it Monday.

Ordered 5/30 around 10:00 pm CT
Nice! I just actually totally forgot I preordered this, I placed mine 06/01, think I'll ride it out and see what happens. Won't be too upset if it doesn't ship, but if it does that'd be cool.
Last edited by Slumblor on Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

husq2100
Member
Posts: 180
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:43 am
Location: Gold Coast, Australia

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby husq2100 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:37 pm

Sharp Guy wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:20 pm
husq2100 wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:09 pm
Im thinking my pre order on 2nd July too late ....I ordered as soon as I found out. Very frustrating as being on the other side of the planet makes it hard enough. Thought I had my bases covered with the pre order AND multiple subscriptions/notifications to various stores but NOT one came through!
I wouldn't give up hope too soon. We have no way of knowing for sure but I don't think these are done being released. It seems like the dealers that did get them in stock sold out of them much faster than normal. Which means that this sprint run was hugely popular or the dealers only received a small initial shipment and there's more to come. It's probably a combination of both. Time will tell I guess.

I know it's hard to do (with your being in Australia) but keep vigilant for more of these to become available. Also, you never know, your pre-order may get filled yet. There were people who pre-ordered the Caly 3 sprint a few days into it and didn't think they'd get one, then they were surprised when their order was ultimately filled.
Since they started dropping I have had KP, DLT, NK, KW web pages open on the rex 45 PM2. Every time Im walk past I refresh all pages....any time of day. I was very close to getting a couple but a login/password web problem saw me miss out by a minute or so with SFO

User avatar
SpyderPhreak
Member
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:29 am
Location: More than a mile high, CO!

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby SpyderPhreak » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:32 am

RickC27 wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:52 pm
Yes! Very interested in if/how this steel forms a patina. Been worried everyone will baby this one, glad you're ready to put it to use. Please update in this thread!
I used my REX 45 PM2 to cut up fixins for fajitas last night. :D Chicken, onion, peppers, tomato. The knife took a little bit of a patina, but not much to be seen after a wash. Decided to go full monty, and did a mustard forced patina to finish the job. :cool: Was a little hard to capture on camera, but here's my best effort from a few different angles. Hope you like. Yes, she's a user... :spyder:
IMG_2809.jpg
IMG_2810.jpg
IMG_2811.jpg
"Engineers don't idle well."

Thank you to our Veterans!

Sumdumguy
Member
Posts: 2775
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:51 pm

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby Sumdumguy » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:22 am

SpyderPhreak wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:32 am
RickC27 wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:52 pm
Yes! Very interested in if/how this steel forms a patina. Been worried everyone will baby this one, glad you're ready to put it to use. Please update in this thread!
I used my REX 45 PM2 to cut up fixins for fajitas last night. :D Chicken, onion, peppers, tomato. The knife took a little bit of a patina, but not much to be seen after a wash. Decided to go full monty, and did a mustard forced patina to finish the job. :cool: Was a little hard to capture on camera, but here's my best effort from a few different angles. Hope you like. Yes, she's a user... :spyder:

IMG_2809.jpg

IMG_2810.jpg

IMG_2811.jpg
I used mine last night to cut up watermelon, then garlic and onions for a sauce, limes for my drink and finally to cut the steak.
I can't tell if it has patina or not, if so, it's very faint.

I'll keep on truckin', it'll get there.

Sumdumguy
Member
Posts: 2775
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:51 pm

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby Sumdumguy » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:23 am

Oops.

Please delete.

RickC27

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby RickC27 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:27 am

Looks good! Doesn't seem to take a patina extremely easy.

Sumdumguy
Member
Posts: 2775
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:51 pm

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby Sumdumguy » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:58 am

It has begun!

Image
Image

Mstach07
Member
Posts: 125
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:25 pm

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby Mstach07 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:46 pm

I really like how these patinas are forming. Keep 'em coming.

User avatar
Rhix
Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:38 am
Location: USA Planet Earth

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby Rhix » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:36 pm

There’s one on eBay that I had been eyeing for $249, and it just dropped to $189 in case somebody wants one now. I just couldn’t do it, no matter how I tried to rationalize it, but $189 is more palatable. Same price as the St Nick Delica if that helps on the decision.
:spyder:
Robert

User avatar
SC_PATRIOT
Member
Posts: 277
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:43 am
Location: piedmont of SC

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby SC_PATRIOT » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:15 pm

Rhix wrote: There’s one on eBay that I had been eyeing for $249, and it just dropped to $189 in case somebody wants one now. I just couldn’t do it, no matter how I tried to rationalize it, but $189 is more palatable. Same price as the St Nick Delica if that helps on the decision.
Yes I saw that one as well but the seller wouldn't reply to me several times to verify they were authentic. I'll still wait until on becomes available for a reputable seller.

RickC27

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby RickC27 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:45 pm

You guys just have to be patient! Are you going to die without this knife?? Why spend $60+ more for a knife that was just released a couple days ago. There will be more! The panic set in on this knife makes me want to shake some sense into some of you 😡

User avatar
Rhix
Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:38 am
Location: USA Planet Earth

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby Rhix » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:21 pm

RickC27 wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:45 pm
You guys just have to be patient! Are you going to die without this knife?? Why spend $60+ more for a knife that was just released a couple days ago. There will be more! The panic set in on this knife makes me want to shake some sense into some of you 😡
I’m not sure if your comment was a reply to my post, but I was just sharing that I saw it in case someone else was interested. Just a friendly heads up.
:spyder:
Robert

RickC27

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby RickC27 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:27 pm

Rhix wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:21 pm
RickC27 wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:45 pm
You guys just have to be patient! Are you going to die without this knife?? Why spend $60+ more for a knife that was just released a couple days ago. There will be more! The panic set in on this knife makes me want to shake some sense into some of you 😡
I’m not sure if your comment was a reply to my post, but I was just sharing that I saw it in case someone else was interested. Just a friendly heads up.
Yes it was. I just don't like seeing people over spend on knives to those greedy sellers on eBay! I get it, you were looking out for anyone that was interested...but at that steep of inflation after just a couple days, I think everyone should remain patient unless there's word that will be the only batch released. Sorry to come off as a 🐓!

Extra330SC
Member
Posts: 748
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:17 pm
Location: Encinitas, CALIFORNIA

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby Extra330SC » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:12 pm

This spyderco PM2 is definitely the sharpest production blade I've ever seen....hair whittling sharp straight out of the box. Good looking knife...

James
Attachments
2018-08-05 20.10.53.jpg

fatsubie
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:35 pm

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby fatsubie » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:15 pm

Rhix wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:36 pm
There’s one on eBay that I had been eyeing for $249, and it just dropped to $189 in case somebody wants one now. I just couldn’t do it, no matter how I tried to rationalize it, but $189 is more palatable. Same price as the St Nick Delica if that helps on the decision.
Indeed, It’s reasonable price, considering eBay seller pay 10%+ fee.

koenigsegg
Member
Posts: 1423
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:36 pm

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby koenigsegg » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:53 pm

If it's lower than BBS it's fair but that doesn't mean it's worth it if you're willing to wait for another wave. Maxamet pm2 came in a few waves as well
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ankerson, Baron Mind, Google [Bot], jensh and 32 guests