CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
EngDevGr3
Member
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:45 pm

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby EngDevGr3 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:30 am

1329 hrs eastern, in stock at National Knives

Raymond3
Member
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 12:41 pm

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby Raymond3 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:33 am

ejames13 wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:13 am
bouhunter wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:46 am
Raymond3 wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:36 am
ejames13 wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:13 am


I think they only had about 10. I placed my order and it wouldn't let me add more than 8 to my cart after that.
You were able to buy multiples??? Wow.
I think he was just playing around to see how many were left ;)
Correct, I only bought one :) Just wanted to see how large their stock was.
I filled one, posted here that they were available, and was able to go back in and get a second one.

Hope to trade one for a PM2 in 204p.

User avatar
Freediver
Member
Posts: 866
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:03 pm

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby Freediver » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:37 am

In stock at NationalKnives! I finally got one.

fatsubie
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:35 pm

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby fatsubie » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:50 am

EngDevGr3 wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:30 am
1329 hrs eastern, in stock at National Knives
It’s gone. So fast. This has been crazy frenzy. Did previous Sprint runs like this?

User avatar
SC_PATRIOT
Member
Posts: 277
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:43 am
Location: piedmont of SC

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby SC_PATRIOT » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:58 am

Already off their site. Unbelievable!

BigGrove
Member
Posts: 367
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:25 pm

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby BigGrove » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:03 pm

Oso Grande showed in stock but by the time I completed an order it showed only available for pre-order.

I called to make sure I got one and was confirmed I got the last one. Unbelievable how fast these are selling.
Last edited by BigGrove on Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bouhunter
Member
Posts: 333
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:48 am

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby bouhunter » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:07 pm

fatsubie wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:50 am
EngDevGr3 wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:30 am
1329 hrs eastern, in stock at National Knives
It’s gone. So fast. This has been crazy frenzy. Did previous Sprint runs like this?
Some. Others have hung around for months or even a year or more.

RickC27

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby RickC27 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:07 pm

This really is unbelievable...regretting not getting the one DLT Trading notified me about. Could probably put it on Ebay and sell it for enough to cover my upcoming Para 3 whenever those are released haha. I'm not that guy though.

BigGrove
Member
Posts: 367
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:25 pm

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby BigGrove » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:12 pm

bouhunter wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:07 pm
fatsubie wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:50 am
EngDevGr3 wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:30 am
1329 hrs eastern, in stock at National Knives
It’s gone. So fast. This has been crazy frenzy. Did previous Sprint runs like this?
Some. Others have hung around for months or even a year or more.
Speaking of others... Wonder how long the BladeHQ M4 Para 3 Knife Natural G-10 will be available. I rushed to get one when it dropped last Friday and it's still available.

User avatar
SC_PATRIOT
Member
Posts: 277
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:43 am
Location: piedmont of SC

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby SC_PATRIOT » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:16 pm

Yup I've been debating about that for the past week myself.

User avatar
SC_PATRIOT
Member
Posts: 277
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:43 am
Location: piedmont of SC

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby SC_PATRIOT » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:17 pm

Is it worth more than the Para 2 is to you?

BigGrove
Member
Posts: 367
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:25 pm

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby BigGrove » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:43 pm

SC_PATRIOT wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:17 pm
Is it worth more than the Para 2 is to you?
Ultimately no. The REX 45 is a keeper. I mostly bought the BHQ P3 DLC M4 to go with my BHQ PM2 DLC M4. At some point I will probably sell the coated blades I have. While kinda neat they for me are more of a fad.

User avatar
restless ghost
Member
Posts: 196
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:27 am

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby restless ghost » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:54 pm

My Pre-order just shipped from Knifecenter. YES.

Extra330SC
Member
Posts: 748
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:17 pm
Location: Encinitas, CALIFORNIA

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby Extra330SC » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:22 pm

Justin and crew over at Rivers Edge Cutlery are a first class operation. The level of service is on another level as compared to the larger online retailers.

I got a PM2 Rex 45 the first day from Knives plus(have preorder from KC on June 1st also) and completely forgot about Rivers Edge. I just got a personal email (with link) giving me 24 hours to buy my RESERVED PM2 from Justin. Since I already got my knife and thought I was on the Para 3 list there....I personally called him to tell him THANK YOU and give it to the next customer in line. Unbelievable service IMHO.

James

RickC27

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby RickC27 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:32 pm

Now to wonder when the Para 3 version will drop and if they will ever come out with a DLC version with black hardware!

Jmotley
Member
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:58 pm

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby Jmotley » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:43 pm

How many other people are waiting to see if their knifecenter pre order gets filled? I know the general advice has been to buy elsewhere when they drop and then either cancel with KC or keep it as a just in case. I went this route with the Vtoku Endura, but this time I thought I’d put my faith in KC. I placed my pre-order on 5/31. I see that others have received theirs so maybe I’m just being impatient. I know they trickle in slowly sometimes. Fingers crossed.

ross8425
Member
Posts: 238
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:32 am

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby ross8425 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:52 pm

Jmotley wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:43 pm
How many other people are waiting to see if their knifecenter pre order gets filled? I know the general advice has been to buy elsewhere when they drop and then either cancel with KC or keep it as a just in case. I went this route with the Vtoku Endura, but this time I thought I’d put my faith in KC. I placed my pre-order on 5/31. I see that others have received theirs so maybe I’m just being impatient. I know they trickle in slowly sometimes. Fingers crossed.
I ordered the pm2 and the p3 at the same time. Pretty sure that neither will get fulfilled because it was 1 order and so in order to satisfy the conditions, both would have to be in stock at the same time. Which is clearly never going to happen. I ordered on 5/31. No hope for getting that preorder filled,and I emailed them about it too and got some response as if I had contacted the cable company.

User avatar
Freediver
Member
Posts: 866
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:03 pm

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby Freediver » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:58 pm

Well looks like my Knifecenter pre-order shipped too.

Jmotley
Member
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:58 pm

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby Jmotley » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:21 pm

😡
Maybe everyone who’s order has shipped from KC should post just to rub it in.

But seriously happy for everyone who got theirs and can’t wait to eventually try this one out.

User avatar
holeshot
Member
Posts: 922
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:40 am
Location: San Francisco

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby holeshot » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:21 pm

Jmotley wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:21 pm
😡
Maybe everyone who’s order has shipped from KC should post just to rub it in.

But seriously happy for everyone who got theirs and can’t wait to eventually try this one out.
I have ordered months in advance from KC and have never gotten an ordered filled before I found it some place else. Now I don't even bother with them. :mad:
"No matter where you go, there you are"


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], JRinFL, Lumpy620, Majestic-12 [Bot], max power, soulspy, standy99, steelcity16 and 38 guests