CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Succinct1
Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:08 am

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby Succinct1 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:10 am

Para 2 Rexs back up on DLT Trading website.

vgex
Member
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue May 09, 2017 9:48 am

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby vgex » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:12 am

Fudge. Missed it at DLT by 2-min because of password issues.

User avatar
ejames13
Member
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:25 pm
Location: Vermont, USA

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby ejames13 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:15 am

Well, didn't even make it through checkout. That was fast.

User avatar
holeshot
Member
Posts: 916
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:40 am
Location: San Francisco

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby holeshot » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:17 am

Just got my shipping notification from KP :) . I'm also early on the Reseved list at Rivers Edege Cuttlery so I might score another!
"No matter where you go, there you are"

User avatar
Sharp Guy
Member
Posts: 5086
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:19 pm
Location: Over here!

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby Sharp Guy » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:27 am

hackzogan wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:33 am
Did anybody have their preorder filled? I would think that these limited initial shipments would go to the people that had preordered first, and then the retailer wouldn't have to bother with listing it on the site.
Pre-orders are typically filled first.

I just called to KC to cancel my preorder for the V-TOKU Delica. I asked her if she knew when they'd start filling pre-orders for the PM2 REX 45. She said didn't know when they'd be receiving them. It was unclear if they had received any at all but it didn't sound like they had.

As usual, be patient with the pre-orders. Dealers don't receive stock at the same time. If you pre-ordered early you should be ok. In the mean time, if you're in a hurry or afraid your pre-order won't be filled, I'd suggest finding one at another dealer and cancelling your pre-order once you know you've secured one. I've done this several times even though I typically manage to get on the pre-order list early.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!

User avatar
Mordhaus
Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:27 am

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby Mordhaus » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:29 am

The difficulty in getting this has been crazy. Either the demand is outstripping the amount or a limited number was shipped. Sal, is there any chance that more will be made?

Foolish Mortal
Member
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:14 am
Location: Down Yonder

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby Foolish Mortal » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:55 am

Mine's out for delivery. So is the V-TOKU2 Delica.

Along with the BHQ Para3 M4, a HAP40 Endura, and some custom PM2 scales, this week has my wallet screaming for mercy.

Of course, a week that has my wallet screaming for mercy is probably just an average week for a Spyderco Junky.

User avatar
Lorelei
Member
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:04 pm
Location: lluminaughty Gathering

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby Lorelei » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:00 am

Foolish Mortal wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:55 am
Mine's out for delivery. So is the V-TOKU2 Delica.

Along with the BHQ Para3 M4, a HAP40 Endura, and some custom PM2 scales, this week has my wallet screaming for mercy.

Of course, a week that has my wallet screaming for mercy is probably just an average week for a Spyderco Junky.
Yah! More knives to fondle!

User avatar
holeshot
Member
Posts: 916
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:40 am
Location: San Francisco

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby holeshot » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:01 am

Foolish Mortal wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:55 am
Mine's out for delivery. So is the V-TOKU2 Delica.

Along with the BHQ Para3 M4, a HAP40 Endura, and some custom PM2 scales, this week has my wallet screaming for mercy.

Of course, a week that has my wallet screaming for mercy is probably just an average week for a Spyderco Junky.
Well you are lucky it's only your wallet screaming and not your wife. ;)
"No matter where you go, there you are"

Foolish Mortal
Member
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:14 am
Location: Down Yonder

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby Foolish Mortal » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:03 am

Lorelei wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:00 am
Foolish Mortal wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:55 am
Mine's out for delivery. So is the V-TOKU2 Delica.

Along with the BHQ Para3 M4, a HAP40 Endura, and some custom PM2 scales, this week has my wallet screaming for mercy.

Of course, a week that has my wallet screaming for mercy is probably just an average week for a Spyderco Junky.
Yah! More knives to fondle!
Hey now! Let me fondle them for a while first!

Foolish Mortal
Member
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:14 am
Location: Down Yonder

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby Foolish Mortal » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:09 am

holeshot wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:01 am
Foolish Mortal wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:55 am
Mine's out for delivery. So is the V-TOKU2 Delica.

Along with the BHQ Para3 M4, a HAP40 Endura, and some custom PM2 scales, this week has my wallet screaming for mercy.

Of course, a week that has my wallet screaming for mercy is probably just an average week for a Spyderco Junky.
Well you are lucky it's only your wallet screaming and not your wife. ;)
True!

User avatar
Lorelei
Member
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:04 pm
Location: lluminaughty Gathering

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby Lorelei » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:10 am

Foolish Mortal wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:03 am
Lorelei wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:00 am
Foolish Mortal wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:55 am
Mine's out for delivery. So is the V-TOKU2 Delica.

Along with the BHQ Para3 M4, a HAP40 Endura, and some custom PM2 scales, this week has my wallet screaming for mercy.

Of course, a week that has my wallet screaming for mercy is probably just an average week for a Spyderco Junky.
Yah! More knives to fondle!
Hey now! Let me fondle them for a while first!
Promise?

Foolish Mortal
Member
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:14 am
Location: Down Yonder

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby Foolish Mortal » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:23 am

Lorelei wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:10 am
Foolish Mortal wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:03 am
Lorelei wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:00 am
Foolish Mortal wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:55 am
Mine's out for delivery. So is the V-TOKU2 Delica.

Along with the BHQ Para3 M4, a HAP40 Endura, and some custom PM2 scales, this week has my wallet screaming for mercy.

Of course, a week that has my wallet screaming for mercy is probably just an average week for a Spyderco Junky.
Yah! More knives to fondle!
Hey now! Let me fondle them for a while first!
Promise?
Image

hackzogan
Member
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:47 pm
Location: Texas

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby hackzogan » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:28 am

Sharp Guy wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:27 am
hackzogan wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:33 am
Did anybody have their preorder filled? I would think that these limited initial shipments would go to the people that had preordered first, and then the retailer wouldn't have to bother with listing it on the site.
Pre-orders are typically filled first.

I just called to KC to cancel my preorder for the V-TOKU Delica. I asked her if she knew when they'd start filling pre-orders for the PM2 REX 45. She said didn't know when they'd be receiving them. It was unclear if they had received any at all but it didn't sound like they had.

As usual, be patient with the pre-orders. Dealers don't receive stock at the same time. If you pre-ordered early you should be ok. In the mean time, if you're in a hurry or afraid your pre-order won't be filled, I'd suggest finding one at another dealer and cancelling your pre-order once you know you've secured one. I've done this several times even though I typically manage to get on the pre-order list early.
Ok, I preordered Para3 on May 31, through KC, but wanted to ask the question to i know if I need to keep an eagle eye out for first batches or just rely on the preorder. If I remember correctly they only became available for preorder on the 30th, so i like my chances.

User avatar
Almoe66
Member
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:36 pm
Location: Tampa, Fl

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby Almoe66 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:38 am

Just ordered on Rivers Edge
Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes.

Walt Whitman

illacky
Member
Posts: 127
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:23 pm
Location: Minneapolis MN

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby illacky » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:41 am

Just got charged for KC preorder!!
-Ivan

BigGrove
Member
Posts: 367
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:25 pm

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby BigGrove » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:54 am

Almoe66 wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:38 am
Just ordered on Rivers Edge
Got my order for one in thanks! They only have a few, it goes to out of stock when I got to 15 or so in the cart.

BigGrove
Member
Posts: 367
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:25 pm

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby BigGrove » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:09 am

For River's Edge Cutlery it says:

PLEASE NOTE:

THESE ARE RESERVED! PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE THIS KNIFE UNLESS YOU WERE CONTACTED BY US LETTING YOU KNOW WE HAVE ONE AVAILABLE FOR YOU. IF YOU PURCHASE THIS LISTING AND YOU HAVE NOT BEEN CONTACTED BY US, YOUR ORDER WILL BE CANCELLED. SORRY FOR ANY INCONVIENCE.

So it seems likely that if you buy one without receiving an email your order will be cancelled.

User avatar
Capt'n Boatsalot
Member
Posts: 375
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:50 pm
Location: Iowa

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby Capt'n Boatsalot » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:11 am

Looks like National Knives has them available.

http://www.nationalknives.com/spyderco- ... 10-handle/

murphjd25
Member
Posts: 2235
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:43 am
Location: Bothell,WA

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Postby murphjd25 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:13 am

Capt'n Boatsalot wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:11 am
Looks like National Knives has them available.

http://www.nationalknives.com/spyderco- ... 10-handle/
And sold out, wow.
Josh


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Deadboxhero, DukeNiemand, Elshauno, JuPaul, m6steen, Majestic-12 [Bot], ncvarmint, prndltech, Spydergirl88, TkoK83Spy and 54 guests