Delica HAP40/SUS410 TiCN with red G10 St. Nick's Knives Exclusive

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
User avatar
Spydergirl88
Member
Posts: 4745
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:42 pm

Re: Delica HAP40/SUS410 TiCN with red G10 Exclusive

Postby Spydergirl88 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:57 am

G10 backspacer maybe?
Team Wire Clip
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder: :spyder: :spyder: :spyder: :spyder: :spyder:

User avatar
steelcity16
Member
Posts: 2082
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:34 am

Re: Delica HAP40/SUS410 TiCN with red G10 Exclusive

Postby steelcity16 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:01 pm

BigGrove wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:52 am
DirtMcGirt wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:35 am
anycal wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:15 am
Awesome pics. Mine should be in on Thursday.

Is the backspacer plastic? If I recall, when I had the Pakkawood, it was metal.
Pretty sure it is some kind of plastic. It has a different texture to it. Not 100% sure though. But here’s a close up.
I would be surprised if it's plastic but partly that's because my expectation is metal. I should have mine on Thursday so if no one can verify before then, I will.

it appears to be some sort of a ridgid polymer. tapping the backspacer with a metal object produces a dull sound compared to tapping the lockbar and liners which have the distictive metallic sound. i am guessing it is to save on weight, which is a positive thing in my book. i dont see how it would affect performance or durability in any way.
Attn dealers: I will buy any exclusive in CPM-3V, CPM-4V, and CPM-CRUWEAR. DLC always preferred. Thank you! :D

Looking for: BHQ Teal Delica exclusive, Bayoushooter Olive Green Endura exclusive

BigGrove
Member
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:25 pm

Re: Delica HAP40/SUS410 TiCN with red G10 Exclusive

Postby BigGrove » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:17 pm

St. Nick’s Knives is now showing 230 in stock. Momentum is building?

User avatar
Sharp Guy
Member
Posts: 4232
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:19 pm
Location: Over here!

Re: Delica HAP40/SUS410 TiCN with red G10 Exclusive

Postby Sharp Guy » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:45 pm

BigGrove wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:52 am
DirtMcGirt wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:35 am
anycal wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:15 am
Awesome pics. Mine should be in on Thursday.

Is the backspacer plastic? If I recall, when I had the Pakkawood, it was metal.
Pretty sure it is some kind of plastic. It has a different texture to it. Not 100% sure though. But here’s a close up.
I would be surprised if it's plastic but partly that's because my expectation is metal. I should have mine on Thursday so if no one can verify before then, I will.
It won't hold a small magnet I have. So it's definitely not metal.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!

User avatar
RadioactiveSpyder
Member
Posts: 3662
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:48 pm
Location: Lost in space

Re: Delica HAP40/SUS410 TiCN with red G10 Exclusive

Postby RadioactiveSpyder » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:36 pm

Come on guys, seriously? The backspacer in nearly all likelihood is black G10! Red G10 handles, black G10 backspacer - this isn’t rocket science here :D
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King

User avatar
Spydergirl88
Member
Posts: 4745
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:42 pm

Re: Delica HAP40/SUS410 TiCN with red G10 Exclusive

Postby Spydergirl88 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:44 pm

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:36 pm
Come on guys, seriously? The backspacer in nearly all likelihood is black G10! Red G10 handles, black G10 backspacer - this isn’t rocket science here :D
I called it earlier lol
Team Wire Clip
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder: :spyder: :spyder: :spyder: :spyder: :spyder:

User avatar
Sharp Guy
Member
Posts: 4232
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:19 pm
Location: Over here!

Re: Delica HAP40/SUS410 TiCN with red G10 Exclusive

Postby Sharp Guy » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:02 pm

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:36 pm
Come on guys, seriously? The backspacer in nearly all likelihood is black G10! Red G10 handles, black G10 backspacer - this isn’t rocket science here :D
Seems logical to me! :)
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!

User avatar
Sharp Guy
Member
Posts: 4232
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:19 pm
Location: Over here!

Re: Delica HAP40/SUS410 TiCN with red G10 Exclusive

Postby Sharp Guy » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:24 pm

There's a lot I like about this Delica but I just realized that it's thinner than any of my other Delicas. Pakkawood model is .405", FRN is .385", this one is .367". I know it doesn't seem like a huge difference but it's noticeably thinner in hand.

Also, I like when I can drop the blade down by pushing the lock bar. It makes it easier for me to close with one hand. All my Natives, both Calys, my Manbugs, and a few of my Dragonflies do it. I've had a total of 6 Delicas and the blade wouldn't drop on any of them, even after I loosened the pivot. The blade drops nicely on this one right out of the box.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!

User avatar
steelcity16
Member
Posts: 2082
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:34 am

Re: Delica HAP40/SUS410 TiCN with red G10 Exclusive

Postby steelcity16 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:12 am

Sharp Guy wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:24 pm
There's a lot I like about this Delica but I just realized that it's thinner than any of my other Delicas. Pakkawood model is .405", FRN is .385", this one is .367". I know it doesn't seem like a huge difference but it's noticeably thinner in hand.

Also, I like when I can drop the blade down by pushing the lock bar. It makes it easier for me to close with one hand. All my Natives, both Calys, my Manbugs, and a few of my Dragonflies do it. I've had a total of 6 Delicas and the blade wouldn't drop on any of them, even after I loosened the pivot. The blade drops nicely on this one right out of the box.

Yeah, I really like the thinness on this Delica. I wasn't a Delica guy until I owned this one. I REALLY like it. It will see a lot of pocket time. Glad I picked up two of these.
Attn dealers: I will buy any exclusive in CPM-3V, CPM-4V, and CPM-CRUWEAR. DLC always preferred. Thank you! :D

Looking for: BHQ Teal Delica exclusive, Bayoushooter Olive Green Endura exclusive

BigGrove
Member
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:25 pm

Re: Delica HAP40/SUS410 TiCN with red G10 Exclusive

Postby BigGrove » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:53 am

Just got an email from St. Nick's Knives that delivery is today. A day earlier than expected. Hat's off to SNK for the fast shipping and keeping the customer updated.

Glamor shots will be posted soon.

User avatar
steelcity16
Member
Posts: 2082
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:34 am

Re: Delica HAP40/SUS410 TiCN with red G10 Exclusive

Postby steelcity16 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:17 am

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:44 pm
RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:36 pm
Come on guys, seriously? The backspacer in nearly all likelihood is black G10! Red G10 handles, black G10 backspacer - this isn’t rocket science here :D
I called it earlier lol

I don't think it is G10. Doesn't have that layered machined look to it. Looks molded.
Attn dealers: I will buy any exclusive in CPM-3V, CPM-4V, and CPM-CRUWEAR. DLC always preferred. Thank you! :D

Looking for: BHQ Teal Delica exclusive, Bayoushooter Olive Green Endura exclusive

User avatar
Spydergirl88
Member
Posts: 4745
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:42 pm

Re: Delica HAP40/SUS410 TiCN with red G10 Exclusive

Postby Spydergirl88 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:10 am

steelcity16 wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:17 am
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:44 pm
RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:36 pm
Come on guys, seriously? The backspacer in nearly all likelihood is black G10! Red G10 handles, black G10 backspacer - this isn’t rocket science here :D
I called it earlier lol

I don't think it is G10. Doesn't have that layered machined look to it. Looks molded.
The mystery continues! The liners look strange to me in the pictures above... Like they aren't polished before they were coated or maybe the coating was uneven?
Team Wire Clip
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder: :spyder: :spyder: :spyder: :spyder: :spyder:

User avatar
Evil D
Member
Posts: 19619
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:48 pm
Location: Northern KY

Re: Delica HAP40/SUS410 TiCN with red G10 Exclusive

Postby Evil D » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:18 am

Sharp Guy wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:24 pm
There's a lot I like about this Delica but I just realized that it's thinner than any of my other Delicas. Pakkawood model is .405", FRN is .385", this one is .367". I know it doesn't seem like a huge difference but it's noticeably thinner in hand.

Also, I like when I can drop the blade down by pushing the lock bar. It makes it easier for me to close with one hand. All my Natives, both Calys, my Manbugs, and a few of my Dragonflies do it. I've had a total of 6 Delicas and the blade wouldn't drop on any of them, even after I loosened the pivot. The blade drops nicely on this one right out of the box.
Be sure to also adjust/loosen the lock bar pivot screw. If it's too tight it will create binding and slow down the blade.
SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
~David

BigGrove
Member
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:25 pm

Re: Delica HAP40/SUS410 TiCN with red G10 Exclusive

Postby BigGrove » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:26 am

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:10 am
steelcity16 wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:17 am
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:44 pm
RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:36 pm
Come on guys, seriously? The backspacer in nearly all likelihood is black G10! Red G10 handles, black G10 backspacer - this isn’t rocket science here :D
I called it earlier lol

I don't think it is G10. Doesn't have that layered machined look to it. Looks molded.
The mystery continues! The liners look strange to me in the pictures above... Like they aren't polished before they were coated or maybe the coating was uneven?
Will someone from Spyderco tell us? Or who's going to take theirs apart and give us the 411?

User avatar
Sharp Guy
Member
Posts: 4232
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:19 pm
Location: Over here!

Re: Delica HAP40/SUS410 TiCN with red G10 Exclusive

Postby Sharp Guy » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:40 am

Evil D wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:18 am
Be sure to also adjust/loosen the lock bar pivot screw. If it's too tight it will create binding and slow down the blade.
I've tried that David. It didn't seem to make a difference.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!

User avatar
Mushroom
Member
Posts: 1194
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:45 pm
Location: Boston, Ma. U.S.A. Earth

Re: Delica HAP40/SUS410 TiCN with red G10 Exclusive

Postby Mushroom » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:48 am

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:36 pm
Come on guys, seriously? The backspacer in nearly all likelihood is black G10! Red G10 handles, black G10 backspacer - this isn’t rocket science here :D
Yeah I agree! From the pictures in this thread, it definitely looks like a G10 backspacer. I'd imagine it is G10. Makes sense that it would be, anyway.

This picture, most specifically, looks like a G10 backspacer to me.
BigGrove wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:09 am
At least the ebay listing has good pictures.
Image
- Nick

:spyder:

User avatar
Evil D
Member
Posts: 19619
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:48 pm
Location: Northern KY

Re: Delica HAP40/SUS410 TiCN with red G10 Exclusive

Postby Evil D » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:49 am

Is that translucent G10?
SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
~David

BigGrove
Member
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:25 pm

Re: Delica HAP40/SUS410 TiCN with red G10 Exclusive

Postby BigGrove » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:04 pm

Evil D wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:49 am
Is that translucent G10?
I believe someone poster earlier (or on another forum) that the G10 is translucent.

This Delica is expensive but it has a lot of nice details. St. Nick's Knives said yes to every option on this one.

User avatar
Sharp Guy
Member
Posts: 4232
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:19 pm
Location: Over here!

Re: Delica HAP40/SUS410 TiCN with red G10 Exclusive

Postby Sharp Guy » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:12 pm

BigGrove wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:04 pm
Evil D wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:49 am
Is that translucent G10?
I believe someone poster earlier (or on another forum) that the G10 is translucent.
Not the best pic but...

Image
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!

BigGrove
Member
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:25 pm

Re: Delica HAP40/SUS410 TiCN with red G10 Exclusive

Postby BigGrove » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:09 pm

Translucent confirmed


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Archimedes, Bing [Bot], blues, Google [Bot], Joey, jpm2, Lumpy620, Majestic-12 [Bot], Naperville and 34 guests