New Model Dropped: Hanan

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
dplafoll

New Model Dropped: Hanan

Post by dplafoll »

Thanks again to Mark's Outdoors in Vestavia Hills, AL for the opportunity to hold and photograph the knives.

Album link:https://www.flickr.com/photos/57770516@ ... 3216277690

ImageUntitled by dplafoll, on Flickr

Thoughts: It's really, really nicely made but it's not really my taste and I don't think I'll buy it. Flipping is good, ergos are good, recurve blade is nice aesthetically but I don't like to sharpen them. The handles are very, very nice and I'm impressed, again, by a Taichung-made knife. All-in-all a very nicely-done stylish gent's folder-type piece that ought to make someone happy.
Patrick LaFollette
Current: Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189, Chaparral 1, Techno 1, Delica 4 HAP-40, Dragonfly 2 HAP-40, Mantra 1, Ladybug Salt Hawkbill, Nirvana CPM, Endura 4 HAP-40, Sage 4, Para Military 2 CPM Cru-Wear, Sage 5, Caly3 HAP40, Sliverax, Lil' Nilakka, Chaparral Raffir Noble, Zulu, Manbug HAP40, Meerkat HAP40, Sage 1/Sage 2/Sage 3 CF, Introvert, Techno 2
bouhunter

Re: New Model Dropped: Hanan

Post by bouhunter »

Cool looking knife. If it was a hundred bucks less I'd think about it.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I think that will be my Christmas/Birthday knife.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

That looks awesome. Thanks for posting Patrick. Now I need to get one of these.
des3

Post by des3 »

It was worth waiting a year and a half. The Hanan is a revelation. One flick opens and locks it authoritatively; another flick closes it. My first compression lock and probably not my last. Apart from the flipper, your fingers never touch the blade. The lock release pops out when the blade locks, pinching my index finger a bit. I am willing to accept it as an idiosyncrasy of the knife; the rest of it is brilliant. The stonewashed mirror finish blade looks great. The titanium is apparently fused to the G10 at a molecular level- there is no seam. Ball bearing pivots don't always feel as good to me as bronze washers, but this thing is magical. Smooth. I don't like sharpening recurves, but I like the appearance. The Hanan's curves are perfect. It's an elegant gentleman's knife that is apparently strong enough to take serious abuse.
Dragonfly 2 ZDP189, Endura SS, Delica SS, Tenacious, Hanan & some Byrds