DLC M4 Para 3 with Natural G-10

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ZeroRange

Re: DLC M4 Para 3 with Natural G-10

Post by ZeroRange »

Mine just arrived at USPS and will arrive on Thursday!
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

Finally, tracking shows some movement this morning. :)
Time for another :spyder:!

-Matt
RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

Spydersense wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:32 am
Same here! Now I just panic about the possibility of the Rex45 being released and shipped sometime soon...really don't want to spend around $300 on 2 Para 3's at the moment (though I will if it comes down to it)
ZeroRange

Post by ZeroRange »

RickC27 wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:43 am
Spydersense wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:32 am
Same here! Now I just panic about the possibility of the Rex45 being released and shipped sometime soon...really don't want to spend around $300 on 2 Para 3's at the moment (though I will if it comes down to it)

I've been using VG10 and S30v for years now and I'm finally trying other steels. I'm pretty excited that so many options are coming out so close together but I'm also trying to watch how much I spend lol
KnickKnackCity

Post by KnickKnackCity »

Anyone gotten theirs yet? According to USPS, mine took a 1,500 mile detour to Portland :confused: :confused: Serves me right for upgrading to Priority.
Lets see some pics. They will help ease my pain. :(
hackzogan

Post by hackzogan »

Mine just says "Item currently in transit to the next facility". I have no idea where my package is... yay USPS.
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

Mine came today and the set is almost complete. Only one missing is the PM2 satin, I think.
"No matter where you go, there you are"
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

USPS tracking is crap. They recycle tracking numbers and sometimes your tracking query returns info from a previous shipment. I’m waiting for a package that came to my home town this morning then went north by 2 more towns. Or did it?!?
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

Hello,

I figured it was time to register an account and share with this awesome forum after I've been reading(and learning ) here since last thanksgiving.

My knife hobby has matured very rapidly and I've settled mainly on spyderco the last few months with a buying spree that has been a fantastic ride so far.

Thank you Blade HQ and Spyderco for this wonderful exclusive ! It truly is a perfectly executed blade in design and manufacturing.

James
Attachments
2018-08-02 15.43.27.jpg
Last edited by Extra330SC on Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Smooth_Operater

Post by Smooth_Operater »

Just got mines today. Man I like this black blade and natural g-10!
KnickKnackCity

Post by KnickKnackCity »

hackzogan wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:33 pm
Mine just says "Item currently in transit to the next facility". I have no idea where my package is... yay USPS.
Thats the same status I have. No "Expected Delivery By" date listed like it is for my other active tracking numbers either. Doesn't give me a ton of confidence I will see it anytime soon.
holeshot wrote: Mine came today and the set is almost complete. Only one missing is the PM2 satin, I think.
Lets see that M4 collection, shot! I sold the satin P3 I had in favor for the DLC, so until that arrives the only M4 in the house is the satin PM2. Its my second favorite knife so unfortunately I can't donate to complete your set ;)
ZeroRange

Post by ZeroRange »

Mine came in and I really like it! I abused my M4 Contego on a job site and it only needed stropping to keep it sharp. I really thought I screwed up the edge a few times scraping wall mud off single gang boxes but the edge proved really tough. I wouldn't use this sprint run like that but I do have high hopes for it.
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

Got mine!

Perfect grinds, perfect centering, free dropping blade, :D
Time for another :spyder:!

-Matt
KnickKnackCity

Post by KnickKnackCity »

Welcome aboard Extra330SC. Congratulations, you chose the correct brand :D Two nice shots from both you and Spydersense. My tracking number was updated this morning and is expected to deliver this afternoon :rolleyes:
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

KnickKnackCity wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:26 pm
hackzogan wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:33 pm
Thats the same status I have. No "Expected Delivery By" date listed like it is for my other active tracking numbers either. Doesn't give me a ton of confidence I will see it anytime soon.
holeshot wrote: Mine came today and the set is almost complete. Only one missing is the PM2 satin, I think.
Lets see that M4 collection, shot! I sold the satin P3 I had in favor for the DLC, so until that arrives the only M4 in the house is the satin PM2. Its my second favorite knife so unfortunately I can't donate to complete your set ;)
Here they are. :)
image.jpeg
BigGrove

Post by BigGrove »

And it's out of stock at BHQ. Glad I got mine!
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Whew. I was starting to waver! Holding out for an M4 CF...
RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

Time for me to rant about idiot USPS! I placed my order the day this knife dropped on Friday 7/27. Received tracking info on Saturday 7/28. It looks I now, won't be receiving it until Monday 8/6. According to the tracking info it was supposed to be delivered to my work on this past Thursday. Well, of course that didn't happen. It showed it was in a post office in my area, so I was certain it would have showed up yesterday. Yesterday morning I received info that it was out for delivery at 8:37am...awesome, finally!!! Very excited yesterday...mail usually shows up around 10-11am. No notification. 5:00pm rolls around and it's time for me to go. I stop by the local USPS to see if maybe the truck that had is has returned, of course not. So I hold out hope for today.

I come to work this morning at 7:00am for some OT and get things ready for Monday. Check online and see the local USPS opens at 8:30am, and was going to call them to make sure it is delivered to the address I have on the shipping label...not our main Admin section of the mill that is not open on the weekends. As the mail sometimes goes there, even though I had my specific dock door on the label (I'm the shipping/receiving coordinator so I try to have personal items sent directly to my dock) So I'm setting up some shipments for Monday and at 8:09 I receive a text notification that an attempted delivery was made but the business wasn't open!!! Their stupid webpage said they weren't even open until 8:30!!! I'm only working until noon and the truck won't be back to USPS by then for me to pick it up...I will now have to wait until Monday :( I've never had such a headache when trying to get something from USPS, dragging over this many days when the darn thing is literally in a 10 mile overall radius from where I am. Very discouraged and bummed right now.
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

I feel your pain! My local post office was ranked as the worst in the country! I don't know how many times I've had a letter or package delivered in a plastic Baggie with nothing but shredded paper in it lucky there hasn't been a knife package yet. :mad:
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

I just had a pair of Pelican 1910s arrive at the distribution center in my town only to have it sent 2 towns north (and out of state) on the truck route, delaying delivery by 2 days. It’s amazing anything gets delivered isn’t it? I’ve had item from the east coast go to Alaska then back here to Florida. What the.....?