Not Enough Love for The Stretch

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
tvenuto

Re: Not Enough Love for The Stretch

Post by tvenuto »

GarageBoy wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:15 am
The original R was related to the Q, right? (Skeletonized blade and handle?)
Yes and no. Although they are only one letter apart, the Q predates the R by 3 years according to spydiewiki. The original R did indeed have laser cut blades as well as a skeletonized handle, which makes it similar to the Q in that regard. However, the construction of the R is quite different, much more of a user design than the more novelty Q. Subsequent versions of the R exhibit a more pragmatic approach: dropping the cut blade in the second run, and then dropping all skeletonized features in the nishijin sprint.
sal

Post by sal »

There was a "Q", "R" & "S". All skeletonized blades.

sal
Luke2236

Post by Luke2236 »

I have an original model. It is probably my most used and carried knife I own period. It rode faithfully in one of my pockets every day for almost 10 years. It cleaned every animal and fish that it came across. I retired it this year. I went to replace it with another but went with a LNIB GB1. If I ever run across another stretch in zdp I’ll get it.
Wanted: M4 PM 2 or manix M4.
ugaarguy

Post by ugaarguy »

I'd love to see the Stretch 2 production moved to Golden; then given the Native 5 treatment of ditching the liners, and putting in metal thread inserts for the clip screws. This would really make sense for a Salt version with LC200N blade, but I'd be happy with an S30V blade and those changes.
tangent

Post by tangent »

ugaarguy wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:26 am
I'd love to see the Stretch 2 production moved to Golden; then given the Native 5 treatment of ditching the liners, and putting in metal thread inserts for the clip screws. This would really make sense for a Salt version with LC200N blade, but I'd be happy with an S30V blade and those changes.
This ^^

A salty stretch would be awesome