Post up your Rit dye projects..

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JuPaul

Re: Post up your Rit dye projects..

Postby JuPaul » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:52 pm

cabfrank wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:04 pm
Nice. They should make more in that color a blank canvas.
I totally agree. I wish all the frn models had a white option.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.

vivi

Postby vivi » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:16 pm

If I wanted to dye the LC200N Pacific Salt to a deeper green, which color would you guys recommend? Haven't used RIT in years and I've only ever done black. I want something like OD green or Foliage green, because based on pictures the green they're using is a little bright for my tastes.
Current carry rotation:

Pacific Salt 2 LC200N | Manix XL M4 DLC | Aqua Salt

Sumdumguy

Postby Sumdumguy » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:20 pm

vivi wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:16 pm
If I wanted to dye the LC200N Pacific Salt to a deeper green, which color would you guys recommend? Haven't used RIT in years and I've only ever done black. I want something like OD green or Foliage green, because based on pictures the green they're using is a little bright for my tastes.
Maybe a quick dip in some brown or tan?

Sonorum

Postby Sonorum » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:23 am

Evil D wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:30 pm

The way the grooves are machined seem to create a shimmering effect with each cover I've used. It's pretty cool.
That looks so bloody good... I'll probably try for a red/burgundy once I get mine but oh dear that modified blade looks good.
Last edited by Sonorum on Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
/ David

ZrowsN1s

Postby ZrowsN1s » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:55 pm

I ❤ The POLICE :spyder:

JuPaul

Postby JuPaul » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:24 pm

vivi wrote:
I doubt you'll be able to get a light shade like foliage green, but you may be able to dull it to an OD green with an olive or brown/taupe dye. I think your best bet will be to go for a darker green using the "dark green" dye or similar. You could also easily go blue, blue/green, or dark teal.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.

autoxer

Postby autoxer » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:56 pm

vivi wrote:
It is too bright for mine too but I’m otherwise very interested in this knife. If you do buy it and give the dye a try, I’d be very interested to see the results!

Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”