Getting Married Today!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
RickC27

Re: Getting Married Today!

Post by RickC27 »

curlyhairedboy wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:03 pm
RickC27 wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:39 pm
Thank you all for the kind words and well wishes! It was a beautiful, sunny day and everything went off without a hitch. A truly fantastic day.
I'd say it went off with a hitch! ;) :D
AH HA, I see what you did there...absolutely correct hahaha.

Of course now our first day off marriage, back to regular work life isn't off to the best start. Her daughter has a 102 temperature and our idiot dog ate entire pack of gum from her purse, which is apparently very dangerous because of some chemical in sugarfree gum so now we have to take him to the vet. Bye bye wedding gift money!
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Congrats!

I have been with my wife for 18 years. She is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I wish you many years of love and happiness.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

RickC27 wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:02 am
curlyhairedboy wrote:
RickC27 wrote:
Thank you all for the kind words and well wishes! It was a beautiful, sunny day and everything went off without a hitch. A truly fantastic day.

Of course now our first day off marriage, back to regular work life isn't off to the best start. Her daughter has a 102 temperature and our idiot dog ate entire pack of gum from her purse, which is apparently very dangerous because of some chemical in sugarfree gum so now we have to take him to the vet. Bye bye wedding gift money!
I've got a dog that does the same thing. Usually if we see the evidence we'll give her a teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting and she horfs it up in a few minutes. But this is a pup who has eaten entire bags of Hershey's kisses with no ill effects....

We've since tried to cut back on chewing sugarfree gum.... :rolleyes:
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

RickC27 wrote:
curlyhairedboy wrote:
RickC27 wrote:

xylitol is a polyalcohol found on sugar-free foods (gum yogurt, cake, desserts...) and toothpaste that can be toxic and evel lethal to dogs and other pets :spyder:

other polyalcohols such as sorbitol or erythritol are harmless to them
PStone

Post by PStone »

RickC27 wrote:
curlyhairedboy wrote:
RickC27 wrote:

I hope everything is ok with your daughter. Hopefully just a bug that will pass.

My parents just lost their 7yo golden retriever to a pack of sugar free gum last month. She actually ate the gum in early March. It did massive damage to her liver. My parents were unaware that it was toxic and forgot all about it. But then in late April she started being lethargic and not herself. So to the vet she went. That’s when the damage was discovered. By mid May she was gone. I don’t want to worry you, just saying keep an eye on your four legged family member for a while. They’re only missed after they’re gone.
RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

He is currently spending the night at the vets, with an IV to try and speed up the process of getting the toxins out of his system. So far so good with blood work, but they want to keep an eye on him, as he has daily medication to prevent seziures as it is. He needs his organs tested twice a year for that medication. Our home doesn't feel the same tonight, the excitement from getting married is gone right now. He's not just a dog to us, but a very important member of our family. Pretty bummed.

Sorry to hear about your parents dog. I'm 35, and grew up with Golden's from when I was born until 29. They are and always will be my all time favorite dogs.
J LeeACP

Post by J LeeACP »

Congrats! Just got married myself just last month.

Chaparral just because I ordered one a few minutes ago.
James