V-TOKU2 endura and hap40 wharncliffe delica have dropped!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
attila

Re: V-TOKU2 endura and hap40 wharncliffe delica have dropped!

Post by attila »

weeping minora wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:40 am
Anyone else notice the "/SUS410" instead of the advertised SUS310 clad? Not a deal breaker, but with my OCD level of symmetry, I really wasn't a fan of the scratchability on the HAP sprints. Still have my preorders in at KC because unfortunately funds are too tight to "accidentally" pick up multiples right now :p. Especially since I missed the Caly Jr. SB preorder :eek:. I'd also be interested in the roundabout HRC for these! The FRN color is looking killer so far!

Fear not!

310 stainless steel is an austenitic grade, i.e. it can't be hardened.

410 stainless steel is a martensitic grade, i.e. it can be hardened.

Therefore, if 410 will scratch, so will 310. 410 will be more resistant to scratches, but we've seen that even a stiff breeze can almost scratch 410, so that's not saying much.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
awa54

Post by awa54 »

Deadboxhero wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:52 pm
**** yeah

Does this Sprint come with polished clips, or did you swap/polish the black one off?
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
Deadboxhero

Post by Deadboxhero »

awa54 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:36 am
Deadboxhero wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:52 pm
**** yeah

Does this Sprint come with polished clips, or did you swap/polish the black one off?
Yup, all polished, just like the Hap 40 did.
Big Brown Bear
https://www.youtube.com/user/shawnhouston
Triple B Handmade Knives
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

DirtMcGirt wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:05 pm
newgrahamknives says they have one left with a collector club #. As of this post
That would be mine, I don’t like the Endura... Don’t expect any other of this series to do the same though! ;) :D
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Jmotley

Post by Jmotley »

I just ordered from Mdggifts.com. Says they have one more in stock.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

For anyone interested Knives Plus has the Hap 40 Wharncliffe Delica, V-Toku Endura, and the Rhino in stock at the moment.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
PStone

Post by PStone »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:13 am
DirtMcGirt wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:05 pm
newgrahamknives says they have one left with a collector club #. As of this post
That would be mine, I don’t like the Endura... Don’t expect any other of this series to do the same though! ;) :D
Does your number happen to be 087? If it is, I got yours. I will carry and use it proudly!!!
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

DirtMcGirt wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:58 am
Does your number happen to be 087? If it is, I got yours. I will carry and use it proudly!!!
Yes, that’s my CC number. I’m glad it’s gone to someone who will really put it through its paces! :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
PStone

Post by PStone »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:18 am
DirtMcGirt wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:58 am
Yes, that’s my CC number. I’m glad it’s gone to someone who will really put it through its paces! :)
It went to a good home. I’ll post pics later this summer after it sees some use and builds some character!
FK

Post by FK »

I just rec'd two Endura's with V-TOKU2.
The quality control is excellent, blade lamination lines are perfect,, much improved over the earlier HAP-40 blades.

Regards,
FK
Member since Feb 17, 2001
SG89

Post by SG89 »

In stock at bladehq again
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

The HAP40 is out of stock at BHQ

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
rybu0305

Post by rybu0305 »

My KC pre order shipped but it looks like they are out of stock now.
More CBBL please!
Delica 4 Brown, Manix 2 G10 S110V, Gayle Bradley 2, Manix 2 CF Cruwear, KC Endura HAP40 pakkawood, Sliverax, Kapara, Manix 2 Rex45, Manix 2 4v, Ivory Straight Stretch
hovan2yourknives

Post by hovan2yourknives »

rybu0305 wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:03 pm
For which one? I want to get from KC because I have like another 100 bucks to go to get the $50 gift card but don’t want to hance missing out on these...I may have to pull the trigger on KP tonight. Maybe I’ll just get the Endura (it’ll be my first) for now and hold off on the HAP40 Delica. Decisions...decisions...
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

rybu0305 wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:03 pm
Is it just me or does this happen to anyone else. Every time I preorder from KC months in advance I have never gotten the knife before it was available somewhere else. Got the same email you got. I gave up and canceled the order for the Delica HAP40 and just went with KP which came today. :spyder:
"No matter where you go, there you are"
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

holeshot wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:33 pm

Is it just me or does this happen to anyone else. Every time I preorder from KC months in advance I have never gotten the knife before it was available somewhere else. Got the same email you got. I gave up and canceled the order for the Delica HAP40 and just went with KP which came today. :spyder:
It happens to many people. I gave them two chances with pre-orders and they failed.
Time for another :spyder:!

-Matt
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Well my "lost" package was finally found and I have in my hands a new Hap 40 Wharncliffe Delica. I am very happy :D I will post pics tonight.

My only tiny nitpick is the lamination lines are about as uneven as I've ever had on a Spydie. Luck of the draw I guess, but it's not a big deal. :D Can't wait to put this thing to work!

Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:29 am
Well my "lost" package was finally found and I have in my hands a new Hap 40 Wharncliffe Delica. I am very happy :D I will post pics tonight.

My only tiny nitpick is the lamination lines are about as uneven as I've ever had on a Spydie. Luck of the draw I guess, but it's not a big deal. :D Can't wait to put this thing to work!
Glad it finally showed up! Mine should be delivered today. I'm curious how the lam lines on mine will look. I'm not real picky when it comes to lam lines. As long as there's some HAP40 exposed on each side I'll be ok.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:55 am
ZrowsN1s wrote:

Glad it finally showed up! Mine should be delivered today. I'm curious how the lam lines on mine will look. I'm not real picky when it comes to lam lines. As long as there's some HAP40 exposed on each side I'll be ok.
I think I jinxed myself. HAP40 Wharnie Delica arrived and it has nice, even lam lines but....they sent me one with somebody's CC# on it. Not really happy about that! Now I'm trying to decide whether to keep it or send it back.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:35 pm
Sharp Guy wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:55 am
ZrowsN1s wrote:

I think I jinxed myself. HAP40 Wharnie Delica arrived and it has nice, even lam lines but....they sent me one with somebody's CC# on it. Not really happy about that! Now I'm trying to decide whether to keep it or send it back.
That's not right :eek: I wouldn't send a knife back over lam lines, but a CC number, I probably would. They should have told you, or offered a discount. I have a SB delica with a CC number and it doesn't bother me, but I knew it had one before I bought it.