2019 Forum Calendar Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
carrotsaurus

Re: 2019 Forum Calendar Contest!

Post by carrotsaurus »

Amazing entries!
RandyTaylor

Post by RandyTaylor »

Resolution on my photo is to small,sorry
Just noticed
Hopweaver

Post by Hopweaver »

Model: Spyderco Manix 2 Translucent Dusk Blue C101PBL2

Entry Description: The Manix fits my hand like a glove. I have lots of Spyderco knives, but this light weight version of the Manix seems to accompany me the most while putzing around the farm. The inspiration for this picture came from my Concord grapes. I really enjoy the contrast between the vibrant blue scales on the Manix and dark green leaves of the grape vines. Everything is setting on an antique rusty plow with lots of character from years of weather.

:bug-red Make time for the important things in life, and learn to enjoy the little things more. :bug-red
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

griff443 wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:50 am

Forum name: griff443
Model: Spyderco Ladybug 3 Hawkbill Salt LYL3HB

I find my Ladybug Salt with a hawkbill blade the perfect knife to carry whenever I'm around the water, which is quite often here in the land of ten thousand lakes. This knife, with its scaly grip and razor-sharp serrations (though here hiding beneath the surface), make a good approximation of an alligator lurking through the water.
Awesome photo griff443! I love the composition. I really hope this one gets in the calendar.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Uke

Post by Uke »

razorsharp wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:45 pm
Hopefully my Full resolution entry actually posted through. The page took a long time to load , then when it presumably sent, it was the same screen again, no confirmation that the picture had sent.
Wow, somehow I completely missed the part about submitting the full size image! I just uploaded mine now in the nick of time. Your post saved me from missing the deadline so thank you!

I got a page stating 'Thank you, your image has been submitted', so if you didn't then I'd say upload again just to be on the safe side.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

User: liquid cobra
Knife: Spyderco Shaman C229GP

The Spyderco Shaman is hands down my favorite new design from Sal in a very long time. The blade, the grind, the ergos, the action, all are brilliant. If I could change one thing, it would be to add some color. So that's what I did, I added some of my own color with this image (created in camera, no computer tricks). Thank you Spyderco for continuing to host this wonderful forum and for putting on this contest.

Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:49 am

The Spyderco Shaman is hands down my favorite new design from Sal in a very long time. The blade, the grind, the ergos, the action, all are brilliant. If I could change one thing, it would be to add some color. So that's what I did, I added some of my own color with this image (created in camera, no computer tricks). Thank you Spyderco for continuing to host this wonderful forum and for putting on this contest.

Bravo, sir. That is a beautiful shot!
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

Do you hear something?

It's the sound of shattered hopes crashing to the floor
with each new post.

There are enough good images here for at least three calendars.

Good luck, everyone.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
Spyder_Flick

Post by Spyder_Flick »

Liquid Cobra wrote:

There we go. Great stuff, as usual. Good luck.
My :spyder: : Native 5 LW
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

SpyderNut wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:22 am
Liquid Cobra wrote:

[img]https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1831/420 ... _c.jpg[img]

Bravo, sir. That is a beautiful shot!
Seriously! Great shot LC, I love it!
-Nick :bug-red
attila

Post by attila »

Mad Mac wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:23 am
Do you hear something?

with each new post.

Good luck, everyone.
At the cost of reducing my own chances, I'm compelled to point out that your submission picture in this thread isn't showing up (at least for me). I recommend double checking it and editing your post with your final submitted photo.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

Definitely some late heavy hitters entered! Well done everyone. There's going to be a lot of great shots that don't make it. I'd hate to be on the panel to make these decisions!
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

attila wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:41 am
Mad Mac wrote:
Do you hear something?

with each new post.

Good luck, everyone.
At the cost of reducing my own chances, I'm compelled to point out that your submission picture in this thread isn't showing up (at least for me). I recommend double checking it and editing your post with your final submitted photo.
I just noticed and was about to mention that. I can also confirm that the photo is not showing for me either.

I've checked a couple browsers and mobile, and still couldn't see it.
-Nick :bug-red
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

attila wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:41 am
Not likely it will reduce your chances but thanks for the tip. I will look into it.
Last edited by Mad Mac on Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

User: sjucaveman
Model: spydiechef C211TIP

My family and I were out for a walk near the Little Falls dam on the Mississippi river and my wife pointed out this tree as a good picture spot. I thought it was great as it showcased the dam, the knife and a pretty neat tree.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

Sjucaveman wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:13 pm
User: sjucaveman
Model: spydiechef C211TIP

My family and I were out for a walk near the Little Falls dam on the Mississippi river and my wife pointed out this tree as a good picture spot. I thought it was great as it showcased the dam, the knife and a pretty neat tree. I grew up there and my kids love throwing rocks. This summer as you may see the water has been too high to go to our normal spot. The spydiechef is my preferred knife as I know it can handle anything I throw at it.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Mad Mac wrote:
Do you hear something?

with each new post.

Good luck, everyone.
Haha! :D

While I always try to do my best and have high hopes that one of my pics will make the calendar, I've seen enough of these contests now to know that whatever I submit will be competing against some truly artistic and beautiful shots. I'll still be keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that somehow my pic gets chosen but I certainly won't be let down if it doesn't. There's some tough competition here!!! :)
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

Every single year LC.... every year! Another amazing photo man! Definitely some stiff competition here. Good luck to everyone!!
kiwiian

Post by kiwiian »

User: kiwiian.
Knives: Centofante Memory.

To me the Centofante Memory is not just a beautiful knife but an eternal homage by Sal to a great man.
A knife that demonstrates the love and skills of the entire Spyderco family.
These classic beauties always get noticed and are very much coveted by those who have the privilege of handling one.
The Protea evokes memories of the burgeoning relationship of myself and my darling wife.
Like the CentoFante Memory always a place in our hearts .
The perfect knife to make your day feel a little classier..

MemoryProteaPic.jpg
Last edited by kiwiian on Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

^^ 11 posts in 4 years! Must be in it for the calendar contests!