2019 Forum Calendar Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DutchBlades

Re: 2019 Forum Calendar Contest!

Post by DutchBlades »

Forum name: DutchBlades
Model: Spyderco Vesuvius with blue Paua shell inlay ~ C66PBKI / C66PSBKI

Between all of the models featuring materials like titanium, carbon fiber and G10, something that's often overlooked by newcomers to Spyderco are the more exotic natural materials used in some of the knives.
There are some models renowned for being the display pieces for such materials, but one of my favorites has to be the Vesuvius.

During my hiking holiday in Germany, I came across a beautiful piece of scenery.
Miniature slate waterfalls running through luscious moss and plants on a steep mountainside to join the river far below.
The following day I decided to hike back up there and capture that scenery alongside a pair of knives that looked right at home in nature.

A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Forum Name: murphjd25
Knife Model: Spyderco Advocate C214TI

The Spyderco Advocate is one of those knives that is absolutely spectacular, and what makes Spyderco the knife manufacturer that they are. When it was first released their was a wave of bad reviews and not only did Spyderco take them with stride, they stopped production and did a full CQI on the bearings in all of their bearing knives. This is an original run version and has been flawless. It is one of the most beautiful Gayle Bradley designs I have seen brought to life on a production standpoint.

I have been saving this picture since last fall specifically for this calendar contest. I was at work early one morning and saw this beautiful patch of fall colors, and knew I had to snap a picture with the Advocate!

Thank you for this great opportunity Spyderco!

Josh
Uke

Post by Uke »

Forum Name: Uke
Model Name: Chaparral Lightweight C152PGY

The Chaparral Lightweight is my go-to 'gents folder'. If I need to wear a suit then that's the knife I'll be carrying. It is discrete, lightweight and incredibly thin, whilst still being eminently capable for its size. To my eye it's the smartest looking FRN folder I've seen and if you can get the grey to match your jacket, even better :)

bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Forum name: bearfacedkiller
Model: CLIPITOOL™ SCREWDRIVER/OPENER C175

Maybe the handiest little knife I own. Love this thing!

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
hudsonhawk

Post by hudsonhawk »

*I may change this. I'm afraid it doesn't have enough color and historically the calendar winners have had a lot more color.

The goal of this submission is to celebrate the long and proud history of the Manix series. Showcased at the top is one of the best sprint runs I have seen Spyderco do, the gray diamond-patterned G10 Manix 2 in CPM Cru-Wear. With the explosion in the popularity of Cru-Wear now, this knife shows how much vision Spyderco had at the time it was released in 2014. As the reflections and shadows merge, the classic Spyderco D'Allara Drop Point is revealed. Just as the Manix 2 series has perfected the caged ball bearing lock, the D'Allara was one of the first Spyderco knives to feature the precursor; the ball bearing lock (uncaged at the time) and featured an amazing blade shape and ergonomics for Spydercos at the time just as the Manix 2 does now. The classical past, full of innovation, blends with the ongoing perfection of the present and blend together into Spyderco's future.

Featured:
Manix 2 CPM Cru-Wear Diamond G10 (C101GGY2)
D'Allara Drop Point (C82BK2)

:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
Most recently added and enjoying: CF Cruwear Manix 2 and LW Manix 2
Daily Carry: Blue CF Domino and well-loved Manix 2 LW.
Dexon72

Post by Dexon72 »

I have a large collection (or had I better say family…) of Spyderco knives, and it was not an easy task for me to choose which should sit for this family photo. I’ve finally chosen these pink-handled knives, a rather unusual color, and the one reminiscent of the Pink Heals charity support by Spyderco.
So, it is family idyll theme, and I really don’t know what more to add, let the photo speak for itself.

Models:
Spyderco Endura C10PPN
Spyderco Native C41PN
Spyderco Squeak C154PN
Spyderco Bug Lapel Pin
Attachments
Семья, новые колеса.jpg
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

That's a great photo Dexon72! I hope I see it in the calendar. :)
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
mb1

Post by mb1 »

Dexon72 wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:59 pm
I have a large collection (or had I better say family…) of Spyderco knives, and it was not an easy task for me to choose which should sit for this family photo. I’ve finally chosen these pink-handled knives, a rather unusual color, and the one reminiscent of the Pink Heals charity support by Spyderco.
So, it is family idyll theme, and I really don’t know what more to add, let the photo speak for itself.

Models:
Spyderco Endura C10PPN
Spyderco Native C41PN
Spyderco Squeak C154PN
Spyderco Bug Lapel Pin
That one made me smile. Very creative! :D
- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man
Dexon72

Post by Dexon72 »

The Meat man wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:11 pm
That's a great photo Dexon72! I hope I see it in the calendar. :)
Thank you so much!
I am very pleased!
Dexon72

Post by Dexon72 »

That one made me smile. Very creative! :D
[/quote]

Thank you!
I did my best!
dtoad

Post by dtoad »

Uke wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:12 pm
Forum Name: Uke
Model Name: Chaparral Lightweight C152PGY

The Chaparral Lightweight is my go-to 'gents folder'. If I need to wear a suit then that's the knife I'll be carrying. It is discrete, lightweight and incredibly thin, whilst still being eminently capable for its size. To my eye it's the smartest looking FRN folder I've seen and if you can get the grey to match your jacket, even better :)
Uke, this is Money!, love it.......
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

Lil' Native
Lil' Native Mid Back Lock

Two peas in a pod! They are both great carry knives. Different enough that I can justify owning both. Peas are home grown in my small raised bed.

RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

Last edited by RickC27 on Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Nice picture and knife, Rick!

Just making sure, you are aware that Spyderco is only accepting vertical (portrait) photos for the contest?
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

Hmmmm, I thought I took this one vertically with my phone. I could be wrong! Guess I'll have to give it another try and see the results!

Is there any way to tell/verify just by looking at the picture?
wheelgunrambo

Post by wheelgunrambo »

JSheltonPM2vForum.jpg
It was the 4th of July and I was sitting there handing out water guns to all the kids and they just seemed to match my knife so well.
PM2 is my favorite production knife of all time. It has it all and I did a blade swap to perfect the package. Natural G10 and M390, whats not to like.
Uke

Post by Uke »

dtoad wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:13 am
Uke, this is Money!, love it.......
Haha, thanks mate! Not quite sure 'lapel-carry' will take off :)
Zendemic

Post by Zendemic »

A few days ago, I just got back from one of the most amazing expeditions I have ever been on. Over the course of 10 days, we rafted on the Tatshenshini and Alsek rivers through the Yukon Territories as well as British Columbia, ending up in Alaska. My trusty little rhino rode clipped to my PFD the whole time, taking all the sand, silt, and spray with no problem! Couldn't have asked for a better trip (or a better knife)!

Thanks for the chance, and thanks for making such an awesome little big knife! Keep em coming!
Fulldpi_GlacialRhino.jpg
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

^ shoo in. Nice shot.
Gsg9

Post by Gsg9 »

Spyderco Caribbean C217GPSF

The Beast blending in its natural environment, lurking around water

I like this one a lot, LC200N, compression lock, ceramic detent, interesting grippy G10 handles, good sized blade, excellent execution
Took this picture when hiking, a Caribbean in my pocket, a Military in my backpack, happy days

Last edited by Gsg9 on Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.