Spyderco Reinhold Rhino Giveaway!!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
joeldworkin307

Re: Spyderco Reinhold Rhino Giveaway!!!

Post by joeldworkin307 »

I'm in and my hero is my grandfather, Morris Dworkin. Served as a radar man on a sub destroyer in the Atlantic during WWII, and at 96 is one of two men left from his unit. The way his health is going I expect he'll be the last standing.
justjohn

Post by justjohn »

I'm in and win or lose I want to say thanks, this is very cool! My hero(s) are all of those that served and never returned. I am a 20 year veteran and I have the utmost respect for those that gave their lives for me and my family.
- John

:bug-red "Spyderco"...Vēnērunt, vīdērunt, vīcērunt :bug-red
dammyippon

Post by dammyippon »

I'm in

My hero is my aunt, who took me in as one of her own when I needed it the most.
Adam Brands Þórarinsson
T_MAC686

Post by T_MAC686 »

I'm in! Thanks for the chance! A hero in my life has been my grandfather who served in WW2. I loved hearing his stories and seeing how passionate he was about what he believed in. What a cool idea for a GAW!
Last edited by T_MAC686 on Tue May 29, 2018 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
T_MAC686

Post by T_MAC686 »

deleted
Capt'n Boatsalot

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

I'm in! Thanks for the gaw!
My hero is my dad who always found a way to serve others.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I’m in!

My hero is my grandfather who served in the Navy during WWII on the USS Vincennes, including the battle of Midway.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
AllNamesWereTaken

Post by AllNamesWereTaken »

I'm in
My hero is my great-grandfather who served both wars in the army and unfortunately rests in the sand
Southard and PPT always with me
On radar: smock dodo and all oddity
Tom
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Many thanks Michael. Please count me in.

I’d have to say beloved wife is my hero who’s put her life on hold for over a decade to care for her invalid parents and keep them both together and in their own home.
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
Daveho

Post by Daveho »

I’m in.
My hero is my Dad and while he did serve in the army that’s not what will remember him for, he passed away a little over a year ago after battling cancer, a battle he fought privately and alone and while it was a huge shock to my mum and I when he passed suddenly he had been living life to the fullest, building his kombi, playing guitar, working out and enjoying himself.
I miss him every day.
FullCircleHook

Post by FullCircleHook »

I’m in. Like so many, my hero would be my father for setting a great example and working his *** off to feed the family.

Thanks for the giveaway and the knife looks amazing! Love the upgrades!
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

I'm in! :)

My hero in life was an old man I used to help around the house as a kid. He had more knowledge than anyone I've ever met. Everyone knew him and everyone liked him for helping their kids play piano, violin, flute, etc. helping with homework, playing organ for the church, arranging trips for disabled people and donating every dime he had towards good causes (leaving him with little to live with, but lived a happy life nonetheless).

He did many more things to help anyone and he loved every minute of it. He was definitely an inspiration to become a good person growing up... I've never seen so much kindness and sheer good will in a single person.
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
ZMW

Post by ZMW »

I'm in!

I love these giveaways, not because I have a good shot at winning, but because it is awesome to see generosity and people doing random acts of kindness. Restores faith in humanity!

My Hero is my Grandfather. He was in the Airforce during WW2. He did not see any action, but throughout my life he was the model of what a man should be. He passed about 17 years ago, but I aspire to be like him everyday. A true patriarch!
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I'm In!

I have a lot of heroes. It is hard to name just one. I remember my friend Hank, who because the youngest captain in the history of our fire department. He was known for his bravery. He would rush headlong into a fire to pull people out who were trapped inside. He was a good man who died too young of blood cancer this year.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

I’m in.

Thank you.

My heroes are my Mom and Dad. So many burdens and still managed to remain good people.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
dplafoll

Post by dplafoll »

I'm in! Thanks!

It's hard for me to say that I have any one person that I can call my "hero". But I will talk about my father-in-law in particular, since he served in the US Army in the tank corps during Desert Shield/Desert Storm. He's not perfect, but I respect and appreciate him and his service, and how much he loves my wife and my son (and me, but that's not the important part).
Patrick LaFollette
Current: Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189, Chaparral 1, Techno 1, Delica 4 HAP-40, Dragonfly 2 HAP-40, Mantra 1, Ladybug Salt Hawkbill, Nirvana CPM, Endura 4 HAP-40, Sage 4, Para Military 2 CPM Cru-Wear, Sage 5, Caly3 HAP40, Sliverax, Lil' Nilakka, Chaparral Raffir Noble, Zulu, Manbug HAP40, Meerkat HAP40, Sage 1/Sage 2/Sage 3 CF, Introvert, Techno 2
fdahood

Post by fdahood »

I'm in. And my hero, at the moment, is middle school teacher Jason Seaman, for reminding me how many wonderful courageous people exist out there in the world if you look for them.
brumledb

Post by brumledb »

I'm in.

As for hero's, I would have to say my dad is my hero. He is a selfless person that is always to quick to go above an beyond to help others. From a young age he taught me the importance of work ethic and honesty. I would not be the person I am today without those early life lessons.
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

I'm in, thank you. I am fortunate to have many "hero's" in my life. With the Memorial Day Holiday will have to choose my mother. She was a "tough" woman, hard worker, and great mother to me and my brother's. Taught us right from wrong, instilled a work ethic by example, taught us what good cooking was, and the importance of loving others. Never saw her cry except around Memorial Day. She lost her only brother in WWII and never forgot that. Also lost my brother who was coming home from boot camp and killed in a head on by a drunk driver. The memories of that were difficult for her.

My son is also a hero. Currently a sergeant with the Sheriff's Dept. Has saved the lives of multiple people. Was awarded deputy of the year in one instance, and received a commendation in another instance. A hard worker and dedicated father. Very proud of him. Those in law enforcement sacrifice much in the service to others. My thanks to our veterans, those in active service, and those in law enforcement.
ksorota

Post by ksorota »

Im in!

My hero are the men and women who selflessly give there devotion, hard work and lives for the benefit for those they love. Soldiers fighting for freedoms in the US and abroad, as well as the mothers and fathers who work their hardest to give their children better lives!