“The Rhino is here!”
I’ve been looking forward to saying those words for a long time. Despite a few setbacks, the Rhino has finally made its way back home—and I couldn’t be happier with how it turned out! Thank you so much, Spyderco. Taichung did an amazing job on the Rhino.
I realize that the Rhino wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for the interest and support from many of my fellow Spyderco Forumites. I humbly thank you for that. At this time, I want to do something special to show my gratitude. I have a BNIB Spyderco Reinhold Rhino I would like to give away to one lucky person here on the Forum. This is a joyous occasion and I want to share this joy with you!
To enter the Contest:
1. Please post “I’m in!” in this thread.
2. Since this is Memorial Day, I think it would be appropriate to share a brief thought about a hero in your life. This person can be someone who served or is currently serving in our Armed Forces, or maybe there is a person in your life who is a hero to you in a different way. I’ll go first to get things rolling: The hero in my life I’d like to honor today is my father-in-law, Gary. I’ve known Gary for only fourteen years, but he’s been more like a father to me than a father-in-law—especially since my own father passed away when I was young. My father-in-law proudly served his Country in the U.S. Army for eighteen months in the jungles of Vietnam. He lost a lot of good friends over there. Since I’ve known Gary, I’ve learned a lot about life and what it means to be a man of character. I am very grateful for his service, but more than that, I am very grateful to have him in my life as a friend and mentor. Gary will be receiving a new Rhino for Father’s Day.
1. One entry per person.
2. The contest starts today (5/28/18) and will run until NOON (EST) on Father’s Day on Sunday, June 17th.
3. The random drawing will be held on Sunday, June 17th (Father’s Day) and the winner will be announced in this thread.
4. I will ship the knife to the winner shortly after receiving the winner’s address.
5. The only “stipulation” for this contest is that the winner must actually USE and ENJOY this knife! After all, that's what it’s made for.
THANK YOU all again and best of luck!