Golden, CO made Wish List?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Ez556

Re: Golden, CO made Wish List?

Post by Ez556 »

Larry_Mott wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:52 am
Dazen wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:57 pm
Ez556 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:10 am
jasong™ wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:30 pm
Anyone know what legal hurdles exist to the janisong? They're legal to carry in Texas, as far back as 2013.

what's the import restriction specifically?
In short, they aren't made in the USA, so we can't have them. You cannot import balisong knives legally as they are considered switchblades. Thats why all the balisongs you see in the US are either US made, illegally imported or possibly imported before legal intervention. Sure, you COULD potentially sneak one in somehow, I've seen them floating around Instagram, but Spyderco is very clearly and very intentionally hands off. They explicitly state to never ever even think of sending one to Golden for warranty or otherwise. That's why I would LOVE if Spyderco made them here in the US, because then we could finally have them! I could legally carry it here in Wisconsin as well.
Actually had no idea about this because I’ve never looked into them. I’m all for making them in the US because I due for some new scars. Thanks
You won't cut yourself on the Janisong. Not when opening and closing anyway. I have tried to figure out how it would happen/be possible but failed :)
In one of Michael Janich's videos on it, he does grab the inner/bite handle during some moves with it but as you said, during normal use its impossible which is the point of the design.
Likes FRN
:spyder: MEMBER OF THE CRUWEAR NATION :spyder:
sal wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:28 am
But in reality, there is nothing quite like a gun. And it has been said, "The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun".
Sumdumguy wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:35 am
Does that complexity decrease the simplicity? Not at all.
Abyss_Fish wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:54 pm
Ti is uh, 300 dollars.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:38 pm
Did someone say Dodo?!

Dodo 2 Compression lock, full Salt LC200N!!!
Truly the Dodo is a very serious consideration for a comeback and if they want to revamp the hardware in that folder I'll be up for it. I don't want them to change the blade design at all though. But a new locking system or maybe a different handle would be great by me. Also I want to see the Dodo return in full Spyderedge again as well. They should make half the Sprint Run in PE and the other half in SE.

I still say that a larger scale, larger blade version of the Dodo would be a really awesome folder for hard use. If I was restricted by harsh draconian laws to carrying a small bladed folder then the Dodo would be one of my first picks for sure.
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

I wouldn't even change the handle, it's all perfect except the lock. I might consider an FFG blade, but even that may be unnecessary.

As for a larger one, maybe. Perhaps just stretched like a Native 5 versus a Chief.

Also, It has to have an SE option. I'll buy both, but SE really shines.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:58 am
I wouldn't even change the handle, it's all perfect except the lock. I might consider an FFG blade, but even that may be unnecessary.

As for a larger one, maybe. Perhaps just stretched like a Native 5 versus a Chief.

Also, It has to have an SE option. I'll buy both, but SE really shines.
Hey I like that idea of a Full Flat Grind and I've also been wanting to try that on one of the Hawkbill models too. Especially the Spyderhawk.

But a Dodo model with a blade about 1/2 of an inch wider and about 3/4 to a full inch longer in SE would be a working beast of a utility knife I'm sure of it>> especially in SE.

I just don't get it :confused: Why some of their models that were truly fantastic in SE just get deleted and overlooked :confused: Because the original Dodo in SE was without a doubt the best and most aggressive serrated short blade they ever made IMO.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

More CRUWEAR. More Micarta. More Cru-carta. :D
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

I still want an LC200n Chief and a Cruwear Chief. :cool:

A G10 handled LC200n Native 5 would be cool, even tho we already have the Native Salt in the FRN configuration. :p

A Cruwear Shaman with (gray) G10 handle would be cool too. :spyder:
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

I would love a second production version of the shaman outside of s30v that the rest of us could get ahold of. Alot of people have said salt everything, and specifically a salt native chief. While I like where the mentality is, here is the issue.
If the native 5 is any indicator, the salt version will wait for a lightweight model. There has been mentionings of lil native lightweights coming up, which I am excited for. I guess we wont see a lil native salt until that happens. If this is the case then a native chief lightweight, if it were to happen, would be further down on the drawing board. So a salt version could be a ways off.
Furthermore, the siren was just announced. If someboday wants a g10, golden made, non thumb ramp, larger lockback salt, that is the option. The only major difference is a choil. I couldnt imagine a native chief salt competing so directly with that in the foreseeable future. This would make sense however, if it took a couple years to work up tooling for a native chief lightweight. At which point the siren could be possibly discontinued and a native chief salt could be introduced.
If I am wrong, thats great, if not we still have excellent options. I cant wait to get a siren. But when I annalyze the options in the catalog, I just see a g10 native chief salt being far too close to the siren for the time being.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."