Copaslip / copper grease for lock stick?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ChrisinHove

Copaslip / copper grease for lock stick?

Post by ChrisinHove »

I was putting together tools and consumables for some suspension work on my motorcycle this weekend, and noticed the Copaslip was “anti-galling”.

Sounds like a smear could be an answer to lock stick on Ti knives.

Just a thought....
jacala

Re: Copaslip / copper grease for lock stick?

Post by jacala »

You could be onto something there ?
I have had some type of copper grease that I bought to use on or try on my Glocks.
I haven't got around to trying it out yet. Glocks come from the factory with a copper
grease on the slide etc.
I will test it on a couple of my Spydies.I shall report back.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Personally I would absolutely live with lock stick over greasing a lock face. Lock stick is added insurance IMO. It may not be convenient for couch fidgeting but a lock that sticks is a more secure lock, where as a lock that has some type of lubricant on the lock face is a lock that's more likely to fail. What's stopping the lock tab from sliding off the tang under enough pressure? I'm not saying I want all my locks to be sticky, but a small amount of stick can be seen as a positive thing if you ask me.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Yea I don’t like it for this application. Anti galling compound is almost always applied to surfaces that close and stay closed. Not sure what it’d do after being exposed to air for a while. Either get gummy or just dust away, most likely.