Coyote Urban/UKPK

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: Coyote Urban/UKPK

Post by Doc Dan »

We already did a thread on asking for an Urban Salt in LC200N. I think that would be interesting.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Peter1960

Post by Peter1960 »

UrbanMoose wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 11:54 am
Maybe we could even suggest Sal and the crew add a drop point Urban to the line up.....

A drop point coyote brown FRN Urban in a nice steel would be pretty much 'heaven sent' for an Englishman such as me living with restrictive carry laws :rolleyes: but loving good cutlery :cool: .

What say you all?
I say YES, YES, YES and am on your side. :p
Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
SpyderScout

Post by SpyderScout »

I didnt bother to check but if the Urban can be had in the right color (not black), you can just RIT dye the handles.

Somebody recently posted some very nice COYOTE BROWN dyed handles on a Spyderco. Looked great.
UrbanMoose wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 11:54 am
It would go straight to the top of my Christmas list.... Who's with me?

I see the Urban and UKPK as present and future Euro carry classics comparable to how the the Delica, Endura and Para 2 are in the US; and having seen the handsome coyote/earth brown FRN used on the Endura and Delica, I think it's time we petitioned (begged) Sal to give the Urban and UKPK the dusky treatment. Personally I love earthy colours and feel the brown scales look characterful and friendly as well as rugged and practical.

Not sure what are the logistics of getting the dark brown colourant to the Maniago factory but I think a sprint run in brown (in N690 or any other decent steel) would surely make an excellent inexpensive edition to the Iconic black of the standard, the dark green of the BB limited edition, and the grey of the K390 sprint run of the Urban. Even less of an issue for UKPK at the golden factory...

No more Tonka toy blues and blaze orange for me; I want mine looking like it's meant to get dirty and be used rather then played with.

Am I alone in this yen for dark earth; or are there fellow tough mudders out there?

PS...
Maybe we could even suggest Sal and the crew add a drop point Urban to the line up.....
(The Gods have smiled on us before and it doesn't hurt to send up a prayer :D ;) )

A drop point coyote brown FRN Urban in a nice steel would be pretty much 'heaven sent' for an Englishman such as me living with restrictive carry laws :rolleyes: but loving good cutlery :cool: .

What say you all?
UrbanMoose

Post by UrbanMoose »

SpyderScout wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 5:53 am
I didnt bother to check but if the Urban can be had in the right color (not black), you can just RIT dye the handles.

Somebody recently posted some very nice COYOTE BROWN dyed handles on a Spyderco. Looked great.
That's exactly my point :) Coyote brown looks great :D

A Golden UKPK in coyote with a decent steel would definately have a place in my collection, but a coyote Urban would get my undying affection; and a drop point version would be in my pocket as I'm placed in my casket.

Don't get me wrong, I'd happily carry a leaf Urban into the hereafter, but I had so much love for the drop point design on the UKPK I'd be blown away to see an Urban version.

So..... A coyote brown drop point Urban in RWL steel as the ultimate affordable* meta-urban carry knife (see what I did there).

Please discuss:
  • A CB UKPK in ....CPM4?
  • A CB Urban in.... Sleipner?
  • A CB DP Urban in ....RWL?
Just throwing it out there :D :spyder: ;)

(I would love us to reach the critical mass needed to persuade Sal to go for any of them)

*(by which I mean I'll only cry for a couple of days if I lose one before shrugging it off and getting a new one. The PITS is a great non-locker but I'd cry for a month if I had to stump up for another)

ATB
SpyderScout

Post by SpyderScout »

UrbanMoose wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 4:56 am
SpyderScout wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 5:53 am

That's exactly my point :) Coyote brown looks great :D

A Golden UKPK in coyote with a decent steel would definately have a place in my collection, but a coyote Urban would get my undying affection; and a drop point version would be in my pocket as I'm placed in my casket.

Don't get me wrong, I'd happily carry a leaf Urban into the hereafter, but I had so much love for the drop point design on the UKPK I'd be blown away to see an Urban version.

So..... A coyote brown drop point Urban in RWL steel as the ultimate affordable* meta-urban carry knife (see what I did there).

Please discuss:
  • A CB UKPK in ....CPM4?
  • A CB Urban in.... Sleipner?
  • A CB DP Urban in ....RWL?
Just throwing it out there :D :spyder: ;)

(I would love us to reach the critical mass needed to persuade Sal to go for any of them)

*(by which I mean I'll only cry for a couple of days if I lose one before shrugging it off and getting a new one. The PITS is a great non-locker but I'd cry for a month if I had to stump up for another)

ATB
Yes, the coyote brown handles rock.
Ive been tempted by a Endura 4 w coyote brown handles.

'Your undying affection' - thats hardcore fandom right there :D

'Urban drop point version' - then how about a Pingo w coyote handles? ;)

Pits - yeah, getting hard to come by, I would imagine (them being discoed and all). A nice knife.
UrbanMoose

Post by UrbanMoose »

I'm all for a Pingo in coyote. And the Roadie, DKPK and Squeak too.

A Coyote brown suite of 'restricted carry zone' friendly knives would be wonderful. I personally think the Urban is the best balanced of the Slipits but can see the attraction of the other Slipits too.

Could call it the 'Earth walker collection' or something similar?
UrbanMoose

Post by UrbanMoose »

Bit of a thread bump here..

I learn there may be a salt series UKPK in the offing, which sounds like a cool idea; but seeing as there are a couple of Byrd models coming out in brown FRN I was wondering if having seen them any of you guys would be interested in registering interest in there being a Urban or UKPK in the same. I know some of us would really like a slipit in CB. We can't let this thread die surely?
UrbanMoose

Post by UrbanMoose »

Anyone else got any thoughts they'd care to share on the idea of a brown handled Urban or UKPK?
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Coyote brown just looks real nice with shiny hardware.

- best wishes, Jazz.
Termite Toothpick

Post by Termite Toothpick »

Yes please!
Dragonfly G-10, Blurple PM2, Para3, Jani-Song, Dragonfly2 ZDP-189, Lil' Native, Chaparral LW, Delica WC HAP40, Para3 M4, HH UKPK S30V, Para3 LW, Para3 LW M390, Meerkat V-TOKU2, M4 Sage 5 LW, Urban Ivory Damasteel, Leaf Storm

:bug-white-red -Derek
sal

Post by sal »

We're looking into it.

sal
UrbanMoose

Post by UrbanMoose »

sal wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:55 am
We're looking into it.

sal
Oh my God,oh my God, oh my God, oh my God, oh my God, oh my God, oh my God, oh my God, oh my God, oh my God, oh my God, oh my God :D :D :D :D :D
UrbanMoose

Post by UrbanMoose »

Sorry Sal I got a bit over excited. Thank you for giving this your consideration..
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Make a locking drop point UKPK version and I'm in for a few!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
UrbanMoose

Post by UrbanMoose »

Anyone else still excited that Sal is thinking about producing a brown Urban?
attila

Post by attila »

UrbanMoose wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:42 pm
Yup, and I'd like it to be in CTS XHP.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

UrbanMoose wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:42 pm

I was hoping he was thinking UKPK ;)
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
UrbanMoose

Post by UrbanMoose »

Well I am too. But hope he gives the Urban the dark earth treatment first ;)
markg

Post by markg »

I'd be in. Honestly I'd love to see another run in G-10. Had a G-10 UKPK and sold it. Super regret that. If you never had one in G-10 you have no idea what you are missing. They could do a special run in coyote G-10, make like 3 and I will take them all...

But I would still be down with a regular one in the color too.
UrbanMoose

Post by UrbanMoose »

I'd also love to see a new G10 Urban and UKPK in brown. If they ever get made, I'll be all over them like white on rice.
I had a G10 UKPK and loved it. Biggest regret of my knife collecting history was selling my Drop Point Foliage Green UKPK. Another in Coyote Brown would be like Christmas come early :)