Is there something after Delica?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
vivi

Re: Is there something after Delica?

Post by vivi »

spyderwolf wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 8:05 am
For urban EDC,i tried the Mantra,Nirvana,PM2,DF2,Strech,and outside the bug world Sebenza,Strider,Microtech,Piranha,ZT,Kershaw,CRKT,Boker,Benchmade...almost every single knife company and Delica was the knife i came back to.Its like an old,trusted friend.It can be boring sometimes,but it's always there for you.
That's pretty much how I feel about the Pacific Salt.

I have prettier knives.

I have fancier knives.

I have knives that cut a little better, hold and edge a little longer, or have slightly stronger locks.

But at the end of the day, my Pacific Salt does 100% of the things I need a pocket knife to do. It weighs less than basically any other folder I own, is big enough to be comfortable and secure in my hands, and is cheap enough that replacing it takes less than a days wages.

Real excited to give the FFG versions a go.
:unicorn
roger-roger

Post by roger-roger »

Nothing can replace the Delica. You might move on from it, replace it, leave it behind, but your history with it and its influence remains constant.
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

roger-roger wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 10:06 am
Nothing can replace the Delica. You might move on from it, replace it, leave it behind, but your history with it and its influence remains constant.
I have no history with it, my first spydie was a pm2. I bought a delica because so many people seem to like it. It has only been carried once since because I told my wife to choose my knife for the day. The only influence I've gotten from it is to stay far away.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

Just goes to show, we are all different.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

I've owned a delica for some time and I don't have a lot of affection for it, despite respecting it. However, my endura is carried very oftern and my serrated delica wharny rarely leaves my side.
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
timlara

Post by timlara »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 12:27 pm
That said, the Caly3 is the best Spydie in that size. If we could get a locking UKPK/frn Caly3 we may have achieved EDC nirvana.
I agree with this. I kind of already feel that way about the 110V UKPK, since for my light duty EDC tasks I don't really even miss the lock to be honest.

I really like the Delica too, but I feel like the UKPK/Caly is sort of the fully evolved version of the design.
Tim
kodai78
Location: “Beam me up Scotty, there’s no intelligent life down here.”

Post by kodai78 »

I only have one in ZDP 189, one of my favorite steels but I carry something else nearly all the time. I prefer my DF 2, my Chapparal, my ... Well you can see where I’m going with this. Clearly though the price and performance have garnered legions of fans! It’s a great knife, just not for me.
:spyder: Shaman REX 45, Smock, Baby Jess Horn CE, Spydiechef, Schempp Bowie,Ti Fluted Military, Titanium Military, Native S30 V and G10, PM 2 in S35VN, and S110V, Manix 2 LW BD1 and SPY 27, Sage 5, Positron black CPM S30V, Chaparral w/Raffir Noble scales, SuperLeaf VG 10, Ladybug H1, Dragonfly 2 in ZDP 189 and Superblue/420J1 and H1, Delica in ZDP 189, Clipitool Standard, the Cook’s knife VG10, Santoku, paring and utility knives, all in MBS 26. :spyder: