Studying with Bram Frank-read

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Dijos

Studying with Bram Frank-read

Post by Dijos »

This post is a quick review of some classes I¡¦ve taken with Bram Frank.

I¡¦ve never studied FMA before, but like you-all, I am at least somewhat familiar with the Eastern MA, and the training methods ¡Vkata, etc. „² Huge generalization, obviously.

(disclaimer over)

Bram¡¦s classes are INCREDIBLE. No BS. When you get there, it¡¦s time to go. Pick up a stick or knife, and start doing it. The theory is explained along the way. I think you can learn so much in an hour, that it is a little hard to believe, and for me, hard to go home. When you make mistakes, you are corrected, and shown WHY it is a mistake. You are tying your arms up, leaving an opening for your opponent for a strike or trap, or even putting yourself off balance. I cannot wait for the Gunting seminar this month. You should go if Bram is within reach to you. It may be the best money you¡¦ve spent recently, and you¡¦ll come away with useful info. So, Get off your*****and Get to a seminar! Or Move to Tampa Bay so you can take classes with Bram like I did (totally exaggerated coincidence)! Anyway, if you¡¦re wondering, it¡¦s totally worth it.

My thanks go out to Jim Clifton, for his initial encouragement, Bram Frank for being a great instructor, and My GF, Halimah, for not breaking my balls, and encouraging me to go.

Yours Truly, Joe

Modern Arnis student, Home team member of the Gunting cult.
BOK

Post by BOK »

Glad to hear you liked the seminar so much. I'm very fortunate here in Vancouver to have so many Gunting friends and training partners to train with. It's become such a natural part of my life now. I hope to see Bram and the rest of the gang soon.

Gunting is good!
Rex G

Post by Rex G »

Everything looks good for me attending the Gunting seminar in Clearwater in late April. Anyone else on this forum planning to be there?
Dijos

Post by Dijos »

Yeah, I'll be there..
jkdboy

Post by jkdboy »

Im am from Chicago but will be heading down towards Tampa at the end of May. I would like to check out Bram Frank. Please let me know were he is located at.

Thank You.

MAD
sks

Post by sks »

Drop him an email at: arnisman@aol.com OR come visit www.cssdsc.com and join the discussion.

Steve

Edited by - sks on 4/10/2003 6:17:50 AM
lunumbra

Post by lunumbra »

I'll be in Clearwater, It sounds like Bram is planning on putting us through our paces!
BRAM

Post by BRAM »

Thanks for the kind words..
Nothing I do is rocket science..Most of the Filipino guys, JKD etc etc all do it..sometimes one just needs to hear the same thing from a different source or perspective..
I'm tired..was a long trip back from Eugene..
Then of course taught class..
April 26-27 Clearwater...
May 3-7 in FFLD CT
May 13-19 Minsk Belarus Russia
June 7-22 Tel Aviv Israel

See ya

Be safe
Bram