What did you use your Spyderco for last?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
NHKnives
Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:16 am

Re: What did you use your Spyderco for last?

Postby NHKnives » Tue May 15, 2018 11:59 am

Used my Resilience to field dress a wild turkey I harvested. Knife worked like a charm from field to freezer!

c152pgy
Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri May 11, 2018 5:33 pm
Location: Boise, Idaho

Re: What did you use your Spyderco for last?

Postby c152pgy » Tue May 15, 2018 3:07 pm

Just used my frn Chaparral to open a bag of sunflower seeds.

User avatar
Bloke
Member
Posts: 4514
Joined: Fri May 13, 2016 12:43 am
Location: Sydney, Australia.

Re: What did you use your Spyderco for last?

Postby Bloke » Tue May 15, 2018 4:24 pm

I used my DragonHawk to trim 4lb braid and 6lb flouro line tags yesterday. :rolleyes:
Image
Image
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin

User avatar
Spydergirl88
Member
Posts: 6346
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:42 pm

Re: What did you use your Spyderco for last?

Postby Spydergirl88 » Tue May 15, 2018 4:28 pm

Bloke wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 4:24 pm
I used my DragonHawk to trim 4lb braid and 6lb flouro line tags yesterday. :rolleyes:
Image
Image
Hey Bloke, which one is you? :P
Nice catch!
Sal Glesser wrote:
These are not leggos.

sal

Team Wire Clip
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder: :spyder: :spyder:

500Nitro
Member
Posts: 703
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:56 am
Location: Australia

Re: What did you use your Spyderco for last?

Postby 500Nitro » Tue May 15, 2018 4:30 pm

Nice Carp.

Now if you could come up with an easy way to kill the millions we have in Australia
destroying the rivers you would be a Multimillionaire!
3 x Endura 1 SE, 1 x Endura ? CE and a Black Pacific Salt. Want Aqua Salt, Fish Hunter and a Pacific Salt Yellow.

The Meat man
Member
Posts: 3518
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:01 pm
Location: Missouri, USA

Re: What did you use your Spyderco for last?

Postby The Meat man » Tue May 15, 2018 4:31 pm

Those are some massive fish! Too bad they're no good to eat. :)
- Connor

"You live and learn. At any rate, you live."

User avatar
Bloke
Member
Posts: 4514
Joined: Fri May 13, 2016 12:43 am
Location: Sydney, Australia.

Re: What did you use your Spyderco for last?

Postby Bloke » Tue May 15, 2018 4:50 pm

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 4:28 pm
Hey Bloke, which one is you? :P
Nice catch!
Ah, hahaha! :)

I'm the prettier one of course (in both the pics)! :p
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin

User avatar
Pelagic
Member
Posts: 2440
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:49 pm
Location: East Coast/Nomadic

Re: What did you use your Spyderco for last?

Postby Pelagic » Tue May 15, 2018 4:55 pm

Bloke, what knot do you use for 4lb braid to 6lb fluoro? I've use alberto's knot (modified Albright) for years, works great but I've never dealt with braid that small.

On topic: I just used my s110v military to cleave an air hose so I could put on a new fitting.
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?

User avatar
Bloke
Member
Posts: 4514
Joined: Fri May 13, 2016 12:43 am
Location: Sydney, Australia.

Re: What did you use your Spyderco for last?

Postby Bloke » Tue May 15, 2018 4:58 pm

The Meat man wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 4:31 pm
Those are some massive fish! Too bad they're no good to eat. :)
Connor, surprisingly enough some people do eat them. The keep them live and purge them in bath tubs or swimming pools with fresh clean water for a week I believe, but not this Little Black Duck! :)
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin

User avatar
Bloke
Member
Posts: 4514
Joined: Fri May 13, 2016 12:43 am
Location: Sydney, Australia.

Re: What did you use your Spyderco for last?

Postby Bloke » Tue May 15, 2018 5:02 pm

Pelagic wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 4:55 pm
Bloke, what knot do you use for 4lb braid to 6lb fluoro? I've use alberto's knot (modified Albright) for years, works great but I've never dealt with braid that small.

On topic: I just used my s110v military to cleave an air hose so I could put on a new fitting.
I use an FG (Fine Grip) Knot. It's the strongest of the lot but a PITA to tie. :eek:
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin

The Meat man
Member
Posts: 3518
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:01 pm
Location: Missouri, USA

Re: What did you use your Spyderco for last?

Postby The Meat man » Tue May 15, 2018 6:00 pm

Bloke wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 4:58 pm
The Meat man wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 4:31 pm
Those are some massive fish! Too bad they're no good to eat. :)
Connor, surprisingly enough some people do eat them. The keep them live and purge them in bath tubs or swimming pools with fresh clean water for a week I believe, but not this Little Black Duck! :)

Really! That makes me think of land crabs in the Bahamas, which are a huge seasonal food item. Those things eat literally anything, but similar to what you said, the natives catch them and keep em in cages feeding them coconut and such for a week to flavor them up. ;) It's not bad eating, but with crabs you have to work so hard for so little meat that it seems hardly worth it. :)
- Connor

"You live and learn. At any rate, you live."

User avatar
tvenuto
Member
Posts: 3789
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:16 am
Location: South Baltimore

Re: What did you use your Spyderco for last?

Postby tvenuto » Tue May 15, 2018 6:08 pm

Solution: come to MD and order a crab cake! (I’m serious a blue crab lump crab cake is hard to beat)

500Nitro
Member
Posts: 703
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:56 am
Location: Australia

Re: What did you use your Spyderco for last?

Postby 500Nitro » Tue May 15, 2018 6:21 pm

Bloke wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 4:58 pm
The Meat man wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 4:31 pm
Those are some massive fish! Too bad they're no good to eat. :)
Connor, surprisingly enough some people do eat them. The keep them live and purge them in bath tubs or swimming pools with fresh clean water for a week I believe, but not this Little Black Duck! :)
You can still have them, purged or not!

We cook them with a house brick for 3 hours, then throw out the fish and eat the brick!
It tastes better :)
3 x Endura 1 SE, 1 x Endura ? CE and a Black Pacific Salt. Want Aqua Salt, Fish Hunter and a Pacific Salt Yellow.

Sjucaveman
Member
Posts: 1158
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:00 pm
Location: Central Mn

Re: What did you use your Spyderco for last?

Postby Sjucaveman » Tue May 15, 2018 6:32 pm

Cut my kids burgers in half after grilling.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam

User avatar
Spydergirl88
Member
Posts: 6346
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:42 pm

Re: What did you use your Spyderco for last?

Postby Spydergirl88 » Tue May 15, 2018 6:43 pm

500Nitro wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 6:21 pm
Bloke wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 4:58 pm
The Meat man wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 4:31 pm
Those are some massive fish! Too bad they're no good to eat. :)
Connor, surprisingly enough some people do eat them. The keep them live and purge them in bath tubs or swimming pools with fresh clean water for a week I believe, but not this Little Black Duck! :)
You can still have them, purged or not!

We cook them with a house brick for 3 hours, then throw out the fish and eat the brick!
It tastes better :)
Hahahha
Sal Glesser wrote:
These are not leggos.

sal

Team Wire Clip
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder: :spyder: :spyder:

The Meat man
Member
Posts: 3518
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:01 pm
Location: Missouri, USA

Re: What did you use your Spyderco for last?

Postby The Meat man » Tue May 15, 2018 8:22 pm

IMGA0162.jpg
More "food" prep. :cool:

Cutting open packages of pre-frozen mice for the pet snake.
- Connor

"You live and learn. At any rate, you live."

User avatar
Spydergirl88
Member
Posts: 6346
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:42 pm

Re: What did you use your Spyderco for last?

Postby Spydergirl88 » Wed May 16, 2018 11:09 pm

I used my k390 urban to cut plastic sheeting to cover the walls and floors so we could scrape the asbestos-free popcorn ceilings. My husband and I are renovating our 1960's home a little bit while we still are on maternity/paternity leave. The work is never done on an older home :P
Sal Glesser wrote:
These are not leggos.

sal

Team Wire Clip
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder: :spyder: :spyder:

User avatar
jabba359
Member
Posts: 4864
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: North Hollywood, CA U.S.A. Earth
Contact:

Re: What did you use your Spyderco for last?

Postby jabba359 » Wed May 16, 2018 11:31 pm

Was at work and they had some Capri Sun drinks, so I thought "Hey, I guess I'll drink one of those." They're designed for children, but for some reason I couldn't free the included straw from its plastic wrapper. Unwilling to admit defeat, I pulled out my pink Native 5 and sliced open the wrapper, unleashing the straw from it's confines and allowing me to revel in the sweet taste of victory which, oddly enough, tasted a lot like Pacific Cooler.
-Kyle

:spyder:
Latest arrivals: DLC M4 Shaman, Opus, Q Ball

http://www.spydiewiki.com

User avatar
MichaelScott
Member
Posts: 2814
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:42 am
Location: Southern Colorado

Re: What did you use your Spyderco for last?

Postby MichaelScott » Thu May 17, 2018 6:25 am

Powered right through a chicken fried steak with my One-Eyed Jack.
What doesn’t kill you will make you stronger. Except infantry. Infantry will kill you.

“Gentlemen, bring out your men.” — T. J. Jackson, Second Manassas, 1862

http://acehotel.blog

Team Watu

User avatar
Pelagic
Member
Posts: 2440
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:49 pm
Location: East Coast/Nomadic

Re: What did you use your Spyderco for last?

Postby Pelagic » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:12 pm

Walking around in TJ Maxx, I looked in the mirror and realized that I missed a few spots shaving my head. The cruwear pm2 took the hairs off quickly. Lol
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Albatross, Ankerson, Buddafucco, dan31, Mini2white and 35 guests